• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

TankUP

Which is the op jade druid deck that people are running now?

X6c3RJy.png

Started tinkering with Shadowreaper Anduin last night after getting him from the Prologue.

Had two 7/7s up and made the mistake of not realizing the Battlecry kills ALL 5 attack or higher minions. Still managed to win the game despite that horrible mistake. Seems super fun, gonna have to try more.

vall03

What the fuck is up with Ranked matches below 20? I'm facing really strong decks against Rank 24 and Rank 23 opponents. Fought really strong Druid and Mage decks with DKs and lost. Only have one win after 4 games. Thinking of waiting another week before trying to reach Rank 20, these guys probably did the same thing as me and waited for the expansion before ranking up.

Also, I like Stitched Tracker in Hunter. Only got four Houndmasters on my one win and I liked the value of the buffs.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Razanduin is the most fun deck I've ever played in HS.

Just had mirror match and made misplayed, I forgot that the new 4/8 taunt has deathrattle, and it killed my malygos from FFA. Velen Maly dream were ruined.

I had a Soggoth on board and forgot he killed 5+ attack creatures when played. I face palmed pretty hard.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
People keep saying that geist isn't even strong against Jade druid but how is that possible? Without idols they can only get up to 8/8s.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People keep saying that geist isn't even strong against Jade druid but how is that possible? Without idols they can only get up to 8/8s.

You have to wait until Turn 6 so chances are they can turn at least one idol into a golem before you have a chance.

Also, the 6/6, 7/7, 8/8, and 9/9 can still kill you.

vaderise

I'm running one Skullking Geist in my Control Warlock deck and Jade druids are soo screwed without idols and 1 mana armor.
But i presume Geist is worthless in any deck aside control. None archetype other than control can afford to play a 6 mana 4-6

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You have to wait until Turn 6 so chances are they can turn at least one idol into a golem before you have a chance.

Also, the 6/6, 7/7, 8/8, and 9/9 can still kill you.

They can, but not as easily as 11/11,12/12,13/13 etc. Control can deal with 9/9 and down i feel.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
Got bolvar, jaina DK, and the druid legendary after opening 50 packs with gold. Got the warrior dk from the prologue and with the last pack from the adventure got a golden pally DK! Not bad...

manhack

It doesn't hurt that Jade Druid was basically an optimized deck to begin with and people are experimenting with other stuff. Kind of how Pirate Warrior and Crystal Quest Rogue dominated the early days of MSG and Un'Goro until people teched around them.

The issue is if the meta has to completely warp around Druid, then we may be in trouble. Lot's of fun to be had out there right now until we get to doom and gloom though.

On the bright side 2 of the best decks out of the gate are slower style decks.

Xanathus

So far Rogue DK seems to be the over-hyped and under-performing DK. Imagine most people over-hyped it because of how people were wrong about the Rogue Quest but it doesn't look like the DK enables any tier 1 decks for Rogue.

TankUP

Yeah, seems like Druid is the best deck right now, but that just means it was the quickest to get optimized (and since the consensus best list has 4 new cards it didn't take much).

It's way too early to start making definitive statements about the meta (everyone thought slow paladin was OP when Old Gods first came out, and that turned out to be a niche tier 3 deck when all was said and done.)

I suspect Paladin is going to end up being the best deck at the end of the day once people figure out the right way to build it.

kirblar

Yeah, seems like Druid is the best deck right now, but that just means it was the quickest to get optimized (and since the consensus best list has 4 new cards it didn't take much).

It's way too early to start making definitive statements about the meta (everyone thought slow paladin was OP when Old Gods first came out, and that turned out to be a niche tier 3 deck when all was said and done.)

I suspect Paladin is going to end up being the best deck at the end of the day once people figure out the right way to build it.
What's the consensus best list?

Bunga

Just played against Mage DK deck for first time and dayum, that thing completely crushed my Control Warrior deck. Some cool stuff in there.

So far Rogue DK seems to be the over-hyped and under-performing DK. Imagine most people over-hyped it because of how people were wrong about the Rogue Quest but it doesn't look like the DK enables any tier 1 decks for Rogue.

because no one has figured out an OTK or 1 2 punch yet for Rogue and Blizzard hasn't really been providing much in that regard for them.
Further you can't build a deck with limited threats right now where everyone and their mother are playing tons of taunt and control.

I don't think Valeera was overhyped but Wild might just be a better fit where there's still acess to Thaurissian.

I want to blow 5000 dust on updated Jade Druid so bad.

I'm running one Skullking Geist in my Control Warlock deck and Jade druids are soo screwed without idols and 1 mana armor.
But i presume Geist is worthless in any deck aside control. None archetype other than control can afford to play a 6 mana 4-6
Another nice thing about Geist is that it enables you to tap more aggressively without worrying about worrying about fatigue.

Too bad Jaraxxus is trash now.

(Jade Druid was optimized previously and Ultimate Infestation for Auctioneer is a straight upgrade)
Hmm, is it? I think I might still run one Auctioneer for the endgame and Both combos.

Dahbomb

Wait how is it 5000 dust for the new Jade Druid?

Two Ultimate Estimations is 800 dust. 1600 dust for the DK. I guess I might be missing something.

Crosseyes

Banned
Lol I'm so much more awful this expansion than ungoro. I self brewed a midrange pally last expansion pretty quick that was great and got me to rank 5 for the first time but this year I'm such garbage lol.

Started expansion day rank 17 and am sitting at 18. Rip my 5 star ranking to doomerang.

Maybe I'll try a different approach today and try something more crazy then just try to tweak miracle with it.

TankUP

What's the consensus best list?

Zalae's list he went 19-0 with to get Legend is the one most people think is the best version right now. I posted it a bit upthread.

Two Ultimate Estimations is 800 dust. 1600 dust for the DK. I guess I might be missing something.

Zalae's list is 6000 dust *total*.

I took it for a spin and went 5-0. It's so much better vs aggro than the old list, and is obviously very good vs all the slow control lists people are trying. I might play it to the next rank floor before I start testing new decks again.

Aggro Pally is going to cause some issues in the next few days I think. It's a board spam deck, and hard to fight against right now. The deck is built around Prince Keleseth, but does not need him to work, but if he comes out early, you might as well conceded

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/891626-stancifkas-frozen-throne-pal.

It even gives a valid reason to play Young Dragonhawk, which is an amazing feat in itself!

Oh Divine Favor, breaking controls back since 2014

I don't have Yogg or Staghelm yet. Actually, until that recent bug that gave quick legendaries, I didn't have Aya either!

I wonder if the deck runs Mulch or Naturalize in Wild.

Auctioneer isnt worth it at all for druid. For 4 more mana you get 5 damage, 5 guaranteed cards, 5 armor, and a 5/5 minion.

Its completely insane value. Thats like a value of 30ish mana.
But Auctioneer into Innervate into Jade Idols is a crazy combo. Do you really need more than one Infestation?

I don't have Yogg or Staghelm yet. Actually, until that recent bug that gave quick legendaries, I didn't have Aya either!

I wonder if the deck runs Mulch or Naturalize in Wild.

But Auctioneer into Innervate into Jade Idols is a crazy combo. Do you really need more than one Infestation?

Infestation can effectively handle that combo on its own, without having to hold spells. It allows you to ramp with nourish more freely, use Feral Rage for removal if you have to etc. And Infestation is more resilient to Skulking Geist. Not to mention it provides direct damage and a better board presence.

You run two to better your chances of getting one and because you can find some use out if the second because it does so many things.

Top Bottom