• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Cool, just give me that glacial mysteries card in my mage deck that has zero secrets. that makes for a good brawl.

Cool, just give me that glacial mysteries card in my mage deck that has zero secrets. that makes for a good brawl.

This brawl is garbage. I played it 2 times and both of them I got the no 2-cost minium prince. The problem is, in both matches I had 2-cost minions im my deck.

Dahbomb

Lots of egg druids don't run anything big enough to justify an innervate. And they are already dumping their hands by turn 3 or 4. Innervate is the worst top deck ever. Stickiness above all else is how lots of egg druids operate.
It doesn't matter if they have big drops or not. You can play two minions on turn 1 with Innervate and then buff them the next turn. Having two eggs on turn 1 is A LOT stronger than having 2 eggs 1 by one on turn 1 then on turn 2. Less chances for opponent to respond, more chances for you to buff and attack, more chances for you to degenerate the game out before they can play the bigger cards.

Innervate works good in fast decks and slow decks. It just works in every single deck.

gutshot

Innervate, in a vacuum, is a strong card but one with clear weaknesses. It is very good early in the game, but becomes much less powerful later on. And is an absolutely horrendous topdeck. At its most basic level, you are trading card advantage for tempo. And if your opponent can answer your strong tempo play, you will often find yourself on the back foot the rest of the game, behind or even on tempo and now well behind on card advantage.

The problem now is that Druid has gotten a lot of cards recently that help regain that lost card advantage. First Fandral (which combos great with Wrath and Nourish), then cheap but powerful spells to combo with Auctioneer (Raven Idol, Jade Idol, Earthern Scales) and now, the biggest offender of them all, Ultimate Infestation.

Blizzard needs to be more careful in giving Druids such strong card draw options. I would not be surprised to see Auctioneer HoFed and Ultimate Infestation nerfed to help correct this imbalance.

Ladekabel

I saw you on my friendlist open it! congratulations!

Thank you!

It doesn't matter if they have big drops or not. You can play two minions on turn 1 with Innervate and then buff them the next turn. Having two eggs on turn 1 is A LOT stronger than having 2 eggs 1 by one on turn 1 then on turn 2. Less chances for opponent to respond, more chances for you to buff and attack, more chances for you to degenerate the game out before they can play the bigger cards.

Innervate works good in fast decks and slow decks. It just works in every single deck.

I once was facing two Flappy Birds when my turn 2 began. Good times!

Also don't think UI needs a nerf. Not had a game yet which I hadn't already lost if not for that card. But just like with Quest Rogue that perception might change.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

So does Fiery War Axe. Who cares? Cards are allowed to be good.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Choose your Champion is back for the Global Games. Who ya got? I think I'm going for either Czech Republic or Ukraine. Free packs are at stake!

sibarraz

Banned
Innervate, in a vacuum, is a strong card but one with clear weaknesses. It is very good early in the game, but becomes much less powerful later on. And is an absolutely horrendous topdeck. At its most basic level, you are trading card advantage for tempo. And if your opponent can answer your strong tempo play, you will often find yourself on the back foot the rest of the game, behind or even on tempo and now well behind on card advantage.

The problem now is that Druid has gotten a lot of cards recently that help regain that lost card advantage. First Fandral (which combos great with Wrath and Nourish), then cheap but powerful spells to combo with Auctioneer (Raven Idol, Jade Idol, Earthern Scales) and now, the biggest offender of them all, Ultimate Infestation.

Blizzard needs to be more careful in giving Druids such strong card draw options. I would not be surprised to see Auctioneer HoFed and Ultimate Infestation nerfed to help correct this imbalance.

I disagree with being a bad card later in the game, being able to have 12 mana in a turn can lead to a powerful turn. Or use it as an auctiooner activator. The only time when is bad is on those "Drop your hand" strategies were you don't have much use for the extra 2 mana

Q8D3vil

Innervate cheese is too strong too.
Turn 1 innervate into flappy bird can win yoy games on the spot.
Just lost to turn 1 2xinnervate hydra. Wouldnt be sad at this point if they changed it or removed it.

wiibomb

Looks like Choose your Champion is back for the Global Games. Who ya got? I think I'm going for either Czech Republic or Ukraine. Free packs are at stake!

It's really limited this time, only 4 options.

I'm between US and Ukraine.. Kolento was from there, right?

EDIT: Picked Ukraine in the end.

Innervate cheese is too strong too.
Turn 1 innervate into flappy bird can win yoy games on the spot.
Just lost to turn 1 2xinnervate hydra. Wouldnt be sad at this point if they changed it or removed it.
I almost won a game where my opponent double Innervated out Hydra by double Innervating Malfurion for the 1/2s with Poisonous.

Sadly he had a savage roar to clear both of them.

gutshot

I disagree with being a bad card later in the game, being able to have 12 mana in a turn can lead to a powerful turn. Or use it as an auctiooner activator. The only time when is bad is on those "Drop your hand" strategies were you don't have much use for the extra 2 mana

Yeah, it's not always bad in the late game. It just becomes less powerful. The combo with Auctioneer is more a problem with Auctioneer though. That card makes every single cheap spell in the game much, much better.

Crazyorloco

I'm not the only one then that sees Priest come up as opponent and groans every time?

I groan, not as much as before but I do. Priests basically use most of my deck to win lol

I play warlock a lot and was excited and crafted a bloodreaver...I read a little more about other cards and now I want The Lich King. I'm going to have to wait a bit for that card....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've actually found that UI makes late game innervate much better. It's one thing to spend 10 mana on all that, but double innervate into some jades after makes it even more disgusting.

If they remove innervate from druids then they should remove fireball from mages, fiery war axe from warriors, shadow word pain and death from priests, eviscerate from rogues, houndmaster from hunters, hex from shamans, and blessing of guardians from pally.

The fact is all these cards are abused by their classes and are staples of every deck used.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'd take it. Whirlwind effects are so common in tempo warrior decks.
I'm not sure Tempo Warrior is going to be able to prove itself as a viable deck archetype, and I think players are probably diluting their decks just trying to chase the new whirlwind synergy cards if that is their goal.

Arjen

Priest played barnes on 4, gets velen. Turn 5 resurects velen, turn 6 resurects velen, turn 7 plays his real velen. Holy carddraw batman

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There hasn't been a Druid deck made that didn't run two Innervates.

Not counting forced deck conditions like Reno...

Mage always runs two Frost Bolts and two Fireballs.
Warrior always runs two Fiery War Axes.
Priest always runs two PW:S.
Rogue always runs two Eviscerates.
Hunter always runs two Kill Commands and two Animal Companions.

Blizzard built a bunch of auto-include cards in most of the classes in the game. They can't really nerf or address any of them without redesigning the classic set as a whole. Which really, that's what they should do.

Dragner

The classic and basic set should have gone long ago. Redisign a core set each year with 'best of' and new cards. Games like magic the gathering have done this for decades. And it works fine with no powercreep. As long as the unbalanced basic+classic set exist the only way of giving new cards the spotlight is thru powercreep or nerfs.

I'm not sure Tempo Warrior is going to be able to prove itself as a viable deck archetype, and I think players are probably diluting their decks just trying to chase the new whirlwind synergy cards if that is their goal.

You're not actually dilluting your deck though. The whirlwind cards you run in tempo warrior are there independent of rotface. They're just good cards. Blood razor is also a way to set up a 0 mana activation with turn you play rotface.

So is there a priest deck to play that isn't using Raza? I have both DK Anduin and the legendary (Archbishop whatever) but I don't want to craft Raza until things settle down and I'm sure I want to play Priest.

Same question for druid as well. Have DK Malfurion and the legendary (Hadronox?), but I'm not sure I wanna play Jade.... is there another strong deck? Taunts or something?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Aggro Druid ran innervate before Un'Goro, because you were basically without a hand by turn 3 anyways most of the time.

But all it took was Living Mana and Bittertide Hydra to make the curve heavy enough to have it make sense.

kirblar

Permanent Mana Ramp as an identity for Druid is fantastic. (Wild Growth/Nourish/etc.)

Burst mana (Innervate) isn't. It's much more suited to Rogue's all-in tempo style of play.

I don't think Aggro Druid ran innervate before Un'Goro, because you were basically without a hand by turn 3 anyways most of the time.

But all it took was Living Mana and Bittertide Hydra to make the curve heavy enough to have it make sense.

It absolutely did run innervate before Un'goro. The token aggro druid did. There had also been innervate in aggro druid as far back as GVG.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Warlock has the most broken hero power in the game, yet he still managed to be toilet tier last expansion. You don't need to change old cards to nerf characters, you change the newest cards that are inherently not part of a classes identity.

Tunoku

Kinda tempted to craft the Hunter DK, but I only have like 1800 Dust and I'm f2p and new t the game. Should just save my dust or maybe craft a good neutral minion like Arthas?

wiibomb

Kinda tempted to craft the Hunter DK, but I only have like 1800 Dust and I'm f2p and new t the game. Should just save my dust or maybe craft a good neutral minion like Arthas?

I would suggest to just hold on crafting anything unless you have dust to spare. The meta is still changing right now and while Lich King is a good card, it might not be running in the decks you play.

I think (and many others do) that TLK is being overused and might not fit a lot of decks it is run into.

Hunter DK is a weird case, I think the cards is good, but Hunter as a class is bad for that card, some people are finding success with it, but then again, this is the experimentation phase.

Dahbomb

Nah Aggro Druid played Innervate to cheat out Vicious Fledgling to scum out a win.

Then they also had cheat plays like Corsair which pulls Patches, Innervate Firefly, Firefly, coin Mark of the Lotus. Congrats now you have 8/10 worth of stats on the board on turn 1 going second. You can't even Doomsayer that.

Aggro Druid wasn't as strong pre Ungoro. Before that Aggro Druid was strong when we had Force of Nature combo and yes Aggro Druid most definitely played Innervate in it.

Warlock has the most broken hero power in the game, yet he still managed to be toilet tier last expansion. You don't need to change old cards to nerf characters, you change the newest cards that are inherently not part of a classes identity.

Slow warlock was not playable because they lost their last piece of strong sustain in reno. This has changed some at least, because they've gotten at least 2 more playable sustain cards in drain soul and their hero card.

Fast warlock was not playable because patches still exists, and other aggressive decks walk over them. This probably remains true.

This brawl feels made solely for total newcomers and total free to players, to give them a chance to experience and play cards they are unable to access - but that still does not make it fun.

My pack was 40 dust garbage too :(

Dahbomb

I don't think Druid players want toilet tier cards either so that they don't become busted with Innervate. Just like us Warlock players don't like toilet tier cards because we have Life Tap. Warlord got 3 very good cards this expansion and they still getting clowned on.

The best hero power is actually Hunter hero power. It's so good that Hunters don't want to play anything else LOL!

iirate

Permanent Mana Ramp as an identity for Druid is fantastic. (Wild Growth/Nourish/etc.)

Burst mana (Innervate) isn't. It's much more suited to Rogue's all-in tempo style of play.

This. Blizzard screwed up and assumed that anything mana growth related should be in druid's kit, but Innervate is one of the most powerful tempo spells in the game, and druid is largely a value-oriented class(that happens to be able to play very strong tempo games as well due to a kit that's overly diverse and reaches too far).

I think I'd prefer Innervate be moved to the hall of fame, but I don't think a nerf would be out of line either. Either way, I consider it a problem card that ALSO does things that should be outside of the class's domain.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
zpvNtNv.jpg
delete priest keep druid as is

There aren't any active smite tactics threads (now named hand of gods) and I got a steam key which came with a key for a friend. So I figure if anyone is interested in the game send me a PM and I'll randomly select from the pool of interested people after at least 24 hours passes.

kirblar

So the new strategy for packs: Save all classic packs for just after you open up a legendary, right? (assuming you don't need any there)

Also, open packs till you hit a legendary, then stop right before a new expansion?

scarlet

So the new strategy for packs: Save all classic packs for just after you open up a legendary, right? (assuming you don't need any there)

Also, open packs till you hit a legendary, then stop right before a new expansion?

You can open it anytime you want.

The non duplicate is permanent since last patch.

TankUP

It seems like you may believe that pity timers are universal, which is not true. Opening a classic legendary DOES NOT reset your chances of getting a legendary from a different set.

kirblar

It seems like you may believe that pity timers are universal, which is not true. Opening a classic legendary DOES NOT reset your chances of getting a legendary from a different set.
Ah, ok. Came back in w/ KOTFT after skipping Gadgetzan/UnGoro since I have a nice smartphone now. Didn't realize the pity timers weren't universal.

Any viable rogue decks out there? Been experimenting with Jade/Tempo Rogues to minimal success. Getting stomped on by Priests (rogue should usually dominate this matchup but I find it's pretty hard now; maybe cause I play Jade variants), mages, and Druids.

Also, is Shaku worth crafting? He seems like such a fun card. I regret not having crafted him earlier during MSOG. Since he's being rotated out next year, I am kind of apprehensive in wasting my dust (also the reason why I don't want to craft Wickerflame and Finja).

scarlet

Any viable rogue decks out there? Been experimenting with Jade/Tempo Rogues to minimal success. Getting stomped on by Priests (rogue should usually dominate this matchup but I find it's pretty hard now; maybe cause I play Jade variants), mages, and Druids.

Also, is Shaku worth crafting? He seems like such a fun card. I regret not having crafted him earlier during MSOG. Since he's being rotated out next year, I am kind of apprehensive in wasting my dust (also the reason why I don't want to craft Wickerflame and Finja).

Still another 9 months. Imagine how many games you can play using them in those 9 months.

Top Bottom