• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

yup

fledgling is too inconsistent to be deemed as one of the reasons why someone would think that innervate is OP. And Warriors/Mages/Priests have too consistent turn 2 removal.

Fledgling is one of the reasons innervate needs to go. If you can't even print a strong 3 drop without potentially being broken, how can you print a strong 8 drop without being broken?

And it really isn't that inconsistent. It's actually very high consistency that sometimes highrolls.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
yup

fledgling is too inconsistent to be deemed as one of the reasons why someone would think that innervate is OP. And Warriors/Mages/Priests have too consistent turn 2 removal.
Innervate is comboed with Druid buffs vs. these classes, so you can see Mark of Y'shaarj, Mark of the Lotus, or Call of the Wild to push Fledgling out of removal range early. Combined with Druid of the Swarm it can create situations that are impossible for just about anyone to deal with.

Blizzard

Banned
Innervate is comboed with Druid buffs vs. these classes, so you can see Mark of Y'shaarj, Mark of the Lotus, or Call of the Wild to push Fledgling out of removal range early. Combined with Druid of the Swarm it can create situations that are impossible for just about anyone to deal with.
I'm guessing you mean Mark of the Wild, and power word death / fireball kills through taunt in either case, as does polymorph / hex. A taunt also delays it an extra turn to kill.

Fledgling is one of the reasons innervate needs to go. If you can't even print a strong 3 drop without potentially being broken, how can you print a strong 8 drop without being broken?

And it really isn't that inconsistent. It's actually very high consistency that sometimes highrolls.
Innervate plus Fledgling seems to hit me as often as the Fiery War Axe. And when it does, either I have the removal on turn two or the game is over. It doesn't feel good. I use the combo myself, and it doesn't feel good either.

Lets not even forget, fledgling is not even a good card. It's a really average card that can snowball. So don't want to hear this "it's not innervate, it's cards surrounding innervate" nonsense. And the whole "oh this removal exists in x, y, z classes" is barely relevant. Just because a counter exists doesn't mean it's balanced. And just because a card is balanced doesn't mean it shouldn't be rotated, especially if it is impacting design space heavily.

I remember Ben Brode's recent AMA he asked Donais what he thinks are the most design space limiting cards. Innervate was a given. And if you think about it, it's much much much worse than preparation. Preparation directly impacts rogue spells only. Innervate directly impacts druid spells, minions, and NEUTRAL minions.

Innervate has been brought up for the past 2 years (ever since they started talking about standard) as being nerf/rotation worthy. They probably just broke the camel's back with the last expansion. No one really wants to wait til the next year to do a rotation, so would it be better to nerf innervate? Probably not. Probably better to rotate it.

edit:
I remember discussions around undertaker, people claiming it was balanced because FWA, backstab, etc. exist. It was bullshit then, as it is bullshit now.

I'm guessing you mean Mark of the Wild, and power word death / fireball kills through taunt in either case, as does polymorph / hex. A taunt also delays it an extra turn to kill.
These scenarios on both ends are pointless. If fledgling gets answered it's a huge tempo loss. If not it's potentially game ending on its own.

Living Mana is terribad against volcanic potion and a myriad of other clears but it's still a backbreaking card.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You're all just jealous Druid is top dog now

innervate is a fine wholesome card

Druid is like my second least-played class, and I agree.

People are a week into the expansion and losing to druid, so they want to nerf the class into oblivion.

There's nothing wrong with Innervate.

Druid is like my second least-played class, and I agree.

People are a week into the expansion and losing to druid, so they want to nerf the class into oblivion.

There's nothing wrong with Innervate.

Actually not losing to druid. Day 2 into the expansion I was facing 80% druid over 40~ games and had a 60-70% winrate. And I am still able to call out the bullshit the class has become, over the past several expansions. It's not like frozen thrones hit and suddenly druid is bullshit, it's been bullshit for a long time now. It's just a big enough bullshit now that I think they should do something about it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So the solo adventures seem a bit disappointing this week compared with last time.

Lana'thel had a cool idea to overwrite your hero power, but is insanely easy with several decks. All you need to do is put minions on the board each turn and you win? I don't get it.

Prof. Putricide seems tougher until you have at least seen all the phases then it's pretty straightforward.

Sindragosa seems easy to cheese out with big burst damage, so I'm not as sure.

I did the first one with control paladin. The spell that transforms minions gave me trouble. Every big drop got hit by hard removal. Eventually got tirion to stick though, and won off that.

The second one I used secret hunter against. Flare did massive work. Death Knight closed out easily cause the 5 mana thing lets you make 9-10 mana minions and play for 5.

Last one I used n'zoth paladin. I just controlled the board til they were about to hit fatigue. I hit the 20 ice block with tirion's weapon and no board. I hit the 10 barrier when they were going to die to fatigue. Ended up being mostly easy.

Yes, you can try like from hand burst on the last one, but it also has a spell that does 3 face damage for every spell you have in hand. You can get screwed if you try control mage, for example.

shoelacer

Banned
Thinking of dusting my golden pally DK for Anduin. Seems like there are more fun priest decks atm and I'm sure as shit not crafting Beardo for exodia pally. Do it? Don't?

wiibomb

Thinking of dusting my golden pally DK for Anduin. Seems like there are more fun priest decks atm and I'm sure as shit not crafting Beardo for exodia pally. Do it? Don't?

no... why? you have a good DK, also golden, with a class in golden looks amazing, making golden legend tokens. That's not even saying that paladin DK is really good.

Anduin is fun, yes, but sacrificing that golden? imo, is not worth it, don't you have some more dust from other dupes or other bad legs?

Grief.exe

That's one of the most powerful DKs, so it's worth keeping. There's a good chance it will see play in the future.

I'm surprised we aren't seeing more Control Paladin, though I suppose Jade Druid kind of runs over it right now.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
But will there ever be a control meta?

Answer is no

Otnopolit

That's one of the most powerful DKs, so it's worth keeping. There's a good chance it will see play in the future.

I'm surprised we aren't seeing more Control Paladin, though I suppose Jade Druid kind of runs over it right now.

My value handbuff Paladin does very well against Jade Druid, and Skulking Geist definitely swings the game in my favor. Especially when they burn through removal and I've got, like, two buffed Tirions in my hand thanks to Stonehill Defender. <3

Dahbomb

But will there ever be a control meta?

Answer is no
Where's that Kripp flow chart when you need it.

Reynad with a surprisingly level headed video about Innervate.

I mean he is right though, we have kinda reached a tipping point with that card. I have seen pros wanting to nerf that card since before Standard was even a thing. I have made my opinions very clear about that card too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's not just Jade Druid. The Priest matchup is bad. More aggressive Paladin decks stomp you. The Token Shaman/Druid and Pirate Warrior are not any better. The deck is probably worse off than it was in Ungoro.

Rogue right now is so weird you can do nothing but pray the opponent doesn't have any removal to clear your limited threats.

You can still go through your deck fast but w/o conceal you can't set up much of any play.

shoelacer

Banned
Alright, thanks for the feedback guys. I'll hang onto it for now. Pally is one of my least played classes, so I guess I'll start giving it a shot.

I do have the dust for Anduin but I was thinking of crafting Lyra as well, but I'm about 1k short of both. I know I should wait to see what's viable, but I'm a sucker for immediate gratification.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Rogue right now is so weird you can do nothing but pray the opponent doesn't have any removal to clear your limited threats.

You can still go through your deck fast but w/o conceal you can't set up much of any play.

You can play Elemental + Prince Keleseth and have all the threats.

Grief.exe

It's not just Jade Druid. The Priest matchup is bad. More aggressive Paladin decks stomp you. The Token Shaman/Druid and Pirate Warrior are not any better. The deck is probably worse off than it was in Ungoro.

Dumpster tier &#128565;&#128565;&#128565;&#128565;&#128565;

I do always stomp the deck with Priest. Just save MC for Tirion and Ooze for Uther.

Alright, thanks for the feedback guys. I'll hang onto it for now. Pally is one of my least played classes, so I guess I'll start giving it a shot.

I do have the dust for Anduin but I was thinking of crafting Lyra as well, but I'm about 1k short of both. I know I should wait to see what's viable, but I'm a sucker for immediate gratification.

Priest is the most fun deck to play right now in my opinion, but keep in mind it's a T2 deck.

Dahbomb

Control decks were in tier 1 but in those meta Pirate Warrior was still #1, even going into Ungoro. There has never been a control meta, even the metas in which a control deck was tier 1 it was in response to an over powered aggro/midrange deck.

Past 6 months have been dominated by Pirate Warrior or Aggro Druid and the year before that it was dominated by whatever Shaman deck.

kirblar

Control decks were in tier 1 but in those meta Pirate Warrior was still #1, even going into Ungoro. There has never been a control meta, even the metas in which a control deck was tier 1 it was in response to an over powered aggro/midrange deck.

Past 6 months have been dominated by Pirate Warrior or Aggro Druid and the year before that it was dominated by whatever Shaman deck.
The nature of HS's mana system heavily dissuades control strategies.

If one were to ever be THE top tier, it'd likely be the most miserable thing ever because of how OP/facerolly it would need to be to make that happen.

Dahbomb

I don't think there has ever been an aggro meta then by that definition. Even in MSG you had reno decks.
The "meta" is defined by the deck that is the best deck because all the other tier 1 decks are created to counter that deck.

Like right now we aren't in a "midrange" meta just because Jade Druid is #1, you still have Murloc Paladin and PW in tier 1.

There has been a full aggro meta before though where all 4 tier 1 decks were aggressive decks. It's not common but it has happened. Like in Karazhan the top decks for a short while were Discard Zoo, Pirate Warrior, Dragon Warrior, Shaman and Secret Hunter.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think there has ever been an aggro meta then by that definition. Even in MSG you had reno decks.

I would argue the days of Face Hunter before standard count as an aggro meta. Or if you want to get real old the pre-nerf undertaker days as well.

But in general, it seems like the best decks have always been aggressive midrange decks. Especially since Standard became a thing.

Anyone know a dragon priest list with anduin deathknight?

The "meta" is defined by the deck that is the best deck because all the other tier 1 decks are created to counter that deck.

Like right now we aren't in a "midrange" meta just because Jade Druid is #1, you still have Murloc Paladin and PW.

There has been a full aggro meta before though where all 4 tier 1 decks were aggressive decks. It's not common but it has happened.

I don't agree with that definition. We've had aggressive metas and we've had control metas. There have been times where control warrior and c'thun warrior were the decks to beat.

Dahbomb

CW and Cthun Warrior were never the best decks. They would still get rolled over by Shaman or Dragon Warrior.

Closest to a control meta was when we had Grim Patron, Handlock, CW and Combo Druid. It wasn't a control meta because the meta was defined by a combo deck but aggro decks were at their lowest point here.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Playing priest is not only unfun its just boring, watching someone have to do that god damn hero animation 10 times over 3 turns, blizzard are terrible at times.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know a dragon priest list with anduin deathknight?

I don't have a full list handy, but the dragon package is usually:
Ysera replaces Lich King
Primordial Drake replaces Obsidian Statue
Netherspite Historian for more dragons to find
Bone Drake (usually a 1 of or not at all)
Colbalt Scalebane (a 1 of since you really only want him with another minion, like DrakOP)
Drak OP
Twilight Drake

Generally just cut any minion that seems like a tech choice (ie Glimmeroot, Elise, Geist, Spirit Lash). If you still want to run highlander you can, but it's dicey with the low numbers of dragons. The deck works much better with 2x of the key ones (DrakOP, Netherspite Historian, Twilight Drake).

That's the list pretty much, you gotta be careful with AnduinDK as he'll axe your own guys if they're 5+ so a lot of the bigger dragons get hit as well.

Dahbomb

I actually got curious and started looking at old tier lists and meta snapshots. I think it's a good time to do an analysis of previous metas starting with the first rotation. I want to see at which point the meta was at its slowest so we can have that as a benchmark. Going to post findings sometime tonight.

BashNasty

That OTK Timewarp mage is the absolute worst thing in Hearthstone. Infuriating to play against and obnoxiously hard to beat. Fuck people who use that deck, honestly, fuck them.

scarlet

Did everyone beat the new SP wing?

I did.

1st boss with jade druid
2nd boss with raza anduin
3rd boss with silence priest

I'm stuck at Sindragosa because my Warrior deck is terrible. Maybe I should try...I dunno. I'm having a tough time trading with the minions while also keeping the pressure up.

Try silence priest

That OTK Timewarp mage is the absolute worst thing in Hearthstone. Infuriating to play against and obnoxiously hard to beat. Fuck people who use that deck, honestly, fuck them.

I hate that deck since un'goro. There's nothing you can do cuz they keep freezing your board and suddenly someday I'll be just like you

TankUP

I actually got curious and started looking at old tier lists and meta snapshots. I think it's a good time to do an analysis of previous metas starting with the first rotation. I want to see at which point the meta was at its slowest so we can have that as a benchmark. Going to post findings sometime tonight.

That's a cool idea, I look forward to it. Too bad vSS is relatively new on the scene.

Tunoku

Play a C'Thun deck and instakill at 21/22.

Try silence priest

Thanks, but I've been playing for a month and barely own any cards. So I just played a secret-filled hunter deck instead that could keep up with the minions on the board and just got in with the bow and hero power.

The pack I won finally had my second legendary from the set. (I haven't bought any packs with real money). I think this was like pack 42 and the other legendary I got is the 3 mana prince, so I was pretty frustrated until now.

screenshot2017-08-180o8uhc.png

I have Tirion and Uther now, but I'm probably a shitload of dust away from a Paladin deck because those decks are expensive as hell dust wise.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Trump trying out handbuff paladin.

Does seem potentially good in this Druid/Priest meta, as long as there aren't enough Pirate Warriors out there. Always nice to get out those big minion turns before Jade Druid can.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

GvG after the undertaker nerf was a midrange meta of Handlock/Force Roar Druid/Midrange Paladin when face hunter, mech mage, and zoo were popular but not that great.

Then they printed Quick Shot, followed by Mysterious Challenger, followed by Tunnel Trogg/Totem Golem, followed by Small-Time Buccaneer and Patches, and finally quest rogue.

Unfortunately Patches is still screwing things up today, and i guess instead of nerfing that, they give Druid specifically the aggro answer that kills all agro of any type, patches or not. It's a lot better than most of hearthstone history, but it's still a dumb way to go about it.

TankUP

I have a win 5 with warrior that I'm going to have to do with fucking pirate warrior because blizzard fucking hates slow warrior.

Can't stop jerking off over how much they can over-buff priest but God forbid someone wants to take advantage of warriors fucking useless hero power.

Top Bottom