• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man living mana feels so broken. Play like shit but win the game with one card.

I mean you get a turn to see it coming so they didn't beat you with just that card. That deck has lots of pressure though, so it can be hard to recover after AoEing down their board only to get it refilled with Living Mana.

Lyng

I mean you get a turn to see it coming so they didn't beat you with just that card. That deck has lots of pressure though, so it can be hard to recover after AoEing down their board only to get it refilled with Living Mana.

You dont get a turn. Innervate makes sure you have no clue when it comes

Grief.exe

I just crafted a Meteor, so I'm just one Primordial Glyph and one Bloodmage Thalnos away from a pretty good Mage burn deck. I see some decks are running Elise too, which would be fun.

I'm not great at piloting this deck though, it's difficult.

Lum1n3s

Heeeeeeeey, managed to get some pretty nice cards from the free three packs. Got a Golden Jungle Giants, Golden Mimic Pod and a King Mosh.

Got to Rank 3 for the first time last season and am hoping I can hit Legend this season.

Also got my Golden Rogue Hero so that makes three (Rogue, Warlock and Shaman.) Next up Warrior!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I mean yes you do get a turn in the game even in that case. The minions don't have charge. You aren't gonna do anything with 1 mana, but you got to play. It seems like you're actually complaining about Innervate rather than Living Mana. Which if so, feel free to join the club of lots of other people in this thread.

Living Mana isn't the problem, Innervate is.

Man living mana feels so broken. Play like shit but win the game with one card.

And bad draws loosing streak here we come....

TIme to pull out the pirate warrior again.

I feel like it's a very high risk card. Devolve can reset your mana count - ouch.

Peléo

Just opened Kalimos, currently considering crafting one Blazecaller now. Unsure what are the best ways to draft an Elemental Shaman deck. Will try it out with the Jade Package firstly.

Cat Party

Peléo;235370764 said:
Just opened Kalimos, currently considering crafting one Blazecaller now. Unsure what are the best ways to draft an Elemental Shaman deck. Will try it out with the Jade Package firstly.
I've seen it with Aya, Claws, Lightning, and the 7 mana 5/5. Seemed pretty good but I haven't tried it yet.

Lyng

Aaaand rank 15. Done for tonight.

But yeah calling living mana broken was ofc wrong of me, its still a very strong card, especially with Innervate. Innervate should probably go to the hall of fame.

Grief.exe

This guy just played me like a damn fiddle.

Had Ice Block, Vaporize (Primordial Glyph), and Ice Barrier primed up.

EfxqTAj.png

I've only played a handful of games with it so far but Jade Rogue seems pretty damn solid currently. It's got a pretty nice balance between early and late and Vilespine Slayers are clutch.

ZeroX03

Banned
Got some dust from the packs. My luck with the set has not been great. Only two Legendaries out of a good number of packs so far (60~).

Yes, they would have to have charge of course.

Yeah, that makes sense. Been tinkering around with the idea of messing with Charged Devilsuars in decks that would could combo them a turn after they're played. You have Menagerie Warden in Druid and now Sudden Genesis in Warrior. Probably way too slow and/or clunky to actually have work, just sounds fun in my mind.

Fewr

In the 3 packs they gave for free I got my first un'goro legendary: Jungle Giants.

I'll see what I can do with it.

scarlet

Just realized that the rank 5 award, a golden epic, is essentially a free legendary every month if you can attain that rank. Pretty great incentive.

I've only made it once since they implemented that award system. Takes so long, even with a 60-70% win rate deck. I usually get to 10 no problem but it slows after that.

Yeah I was thinking it was for that competition last month, but they were Ungoro packs!

Free Legendary? Legendary is 1600 dust. Golden epic is 400 dust.

Fewr

I thought the 3 packs gave everyone a 100% guaranteed legendary to get f2p and new players a chance to get a quest card. I now see that's not the case.

If you innervate on turn 3, wouldn't you still only get 3 minions?
I thought the 3 packs gave everyone a 100% guaranteed legendary to get f2p and new players a chance to get a quest card. I now see that's not the case.
I don't think Blizzard would ever be that generous.... however, I did end up pulling 2 legendaries and an epic from those 3 packs.

Shaman Quest, excited to give it a spin

Elise, I'm quite happy since I wanted her but wasn't willing to craft her.

Nothing beats losing a game to Fatigue against Freeze as they manage to pull an Elise from their Ungoro Pack they shuffled in, giving them the 5 power they need to beat fatigue.

Blizzard

Banned
So the black and white bug someone mentioned was weird, but here's an especially odd bug.

Has anyone else had their ranked deck contain random cards? I'm wondering if Hearthstone Deck Tracker is somehow screwing with my decks occasionally, even though I have basically every option I can find turned off besides basic deck tracking.

Hearthstone Deck Tracker shows my correct deck contents. When the ranked game ended, it showed my correct deck selected. When I pulled up the deck ingame, it has the correct deck contents.

But ingame...take a look at this Sabretooth Stalker that I somehow pulled from my deck. I had it happen previously with a different bizarre minion I knew I hadn't put in.
card3ihlup.png

Everything else from my deck was normal too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So the black and white bug someone mentioned was weird, but here's an especially odd bug.

Has anyone else had their ranked deck contain random cards? I'm wondering if Hearthstone Deck Tracker is somehow screwing with my decks occasionally, even though I have basically every option I can find turned off besides basic deck tracking.

Hearthstone Deck Tracker shows my correct deck contents. When the ranked game ended, it showed my correct deck selected. When I pulled up the deck ingame, it has the correct deck contents.

But ingame...take a look at this Sabretooth Stalker that I somehow pulled from my deck. I had it happen previously with a different bizarre minion I knew I hadn't put in.

Everything else from my deck was normal too.

Uhhh... did you play Jeweled Macaw and forget?

Blizzard

Banned
Uhhh... did you play Jeweled Macaw and forget?
Ha, you're right. I hope that was what happened previously too. I was REALLY confused for a while, especially since I saw a comment back in 2015 from someone saying the deck tracker would insert random cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ha, you're right. I hope that was what happened previously too. I was REALLY confused for a while, especially since I saw a comment back in 2015 from someone saying the deck tracker would insert random cards.

It won't. Deck Tracker can't change anything in your client. It only reads what Hearthstone puts out.

f0lken

This is my final quest deck I made with the cards i got today, I don't think I can really make it better, it needs more cards for that (really missing fist of jaraxxus here), so this getting me to level 15 (after hours of getting stuck in 18-20) and nowhere beyond that should make me happy... I guess :/

bZB2PxN.png

BTW I played dozens (dozens!) of games and I got to use Jaraxxus like, twice, I think, he is a discard magnet lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Or while we're talking odds, a Mage I was playing against having 2 primordial glyphs they got from primodial glyphs, and 3 Blizzards, 2 of which were also from primordial glyphs or other spell generation sources. ;_;

Lyng

Man I hate having a priest quest....that class relies so much on rng and I have the shittiest luck.

Good thing I got it after I locked in rank 15.

Going to go back to more reliable decks once I finally finish that quest.

fertygo

Man I hate having a priest quest....that class relies so much on rng and I have the shittiest luck.

Good thing I got it after I locked in rank 15.

Going to go back to more reliable decks once I finally finish that quest.

play Purify Priest, its the best Priest deck.

Or while we're talking odds, a Mage I was playing against having 2 primordial glyphs they got from primodial glyphs, and 3 Blizzards, 2 of which were also from primordial glyphs or other spell generation sources. ;_;
My luck is goddamn atrocious. It occasionally makes me concede even when I'm not necessarily losing. I am in just a state of shock that I don't even want to finish the game.

I'm holding 5 minions and dirty rat pulls my auctioneer...ugh... whatever, I have another in my deck. My second auctioneer is my next draw and he gets pulled by another dirty rat... I'm holding two arcane giants, Xaril, and Sheradin... like wtf... why?

Another game I play living mana to fill my board and a mage plays babbling book on turn 8 and happens to get flamestrike....come the fuck on. I mean he probably had blizzard or another flamestrike, or a volcanic potion and that's fine. I still had a ton of options to rebuild a board, but goddamn I just couldn't keep going.

One more recent game that drove me to madness was against a taunt warrior and he hit that fireball on every single important minion like 5 turns in a row, even though it was usually a 25% chance or less of him hitting it.

Top Bottom