• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Bunga

Played a Priest earlier this morning with my Elemental Shammy deck.

He's down to 2 cards left in his deck with 1 in hand, I have similar left too, his board presence is finally dwindling after a very back and forth game... He draws Elise, plays the card pack and gains a full hand... I kill Elise and a couple of other minions to gain board control.

He then plays Explore Un'Goro from his Elise card pack. He draws his next card and discovers a Dragonfire Potion to kill my entire board. Le sigh lol. Very irritating way to lose what was probably a 25+ minute game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Well the Wild Heroic TB starts today. I wonder if this will bring some more people into the Wild fold or if the mass number of bots will keep people away.

I eagerly await the meme deck that streamers will bring though. Should be a fun week or two in Wild ladder here.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Well the Wild Heroic TB starts today. I wonder if this will bring some more people into the Wild fold or if the mass number of bots will keep people away.

I eagerly await the meme deck that streamers will bring though. Should be a fun week or two in Wild ladder here.

Bots are way easier to beat than actual people playing pirate warrior.

Where's my free classic pack.

Had a game with Pirate Warrior against Quest Rogue. I drew terribly; my first play was cultist on turn 3. He froze my Berserkers and finished his quest on turn 7. Turn 8 he cleared my board and bounced tidehunter for two taunts. I have 14 HP vs 5.

Turn 9, I equip Reaper and swing into his taunt, then use Mortal Strike for lethal.

best wins are where the opponent spams 'well played' and then you actually have the damage to kill and you just spam 'thank you' and 'well played' constantly and taking the longest time to finish him.

Favorite win last night:

.eJwNzEEOgyAQAMC_cBcW1xX0Bd77AENwAyYKBranpn9v5wHzUe92qVVlkaevxhxnj7UdukttIbFOtaaLw3N2HettgkiI-eYi3djZWnITAJAlD8voDcKCHhAJZkBPbhnNxqFJ_neF91dszKXnKjvQADhYtwPoyWlC_ZSkvj8z3iyW.kx2n4gybYgddQ5EPz8_oCjAO4pY

.eJwNzMENwyAMAMBd-AfsEgJkgv47AELEgkgJIHBfVXdvb4D7iPe4xC4Kc5-7Usc5UxuHnNxGzCRza_mi2M8pU7tVZI6p3FR5KtwQjV0BwKBx4B9OafDagd7chs6u3hutnhQHl39XKbzSIKqzNA5gFtAL2gAgVycRZa9ZfH83oCyj.ngewiYf8C9nmJHBVLCA6lPYGAVE

wiibomb

Dog's Wild Tavern Brawl Quest Warrior deck is pretty close to how I envisioned the Quest Warrior deck should be set up.

I loved that list a lot, it gave more options of early game a more solid midgame with belcher and a nice extra finisher with N'zoth

It's just standard with deaths bite, belcher and deathlords and a single unstable ghoul.

and N'zoth... I feel N'zoth is quite important given that there are about 6-7 deathrattle taunts in that deck

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's not just those, there is also 1x Whirlwind, 2x Battle Rage, Nzoth, 2x Armorsmith.

Whirlwind armorsmith and battle rage are pretty standard.

I got the Amazon deal for 47 packs for 38.50 and got:

Clutchmother Zavas
Lyra
Umbra
Unite the Murlocs

A golden epic, like 8 other epics. Pretty good packs. Much better than my preordered packs.

wiibomb

Whirlwind armorsmith and battle rage are pretty standard.

I got the Amazon deal for 47 packs for 38.50 and got:

Clutchmother Zavas
Lyra
Umbra
Unite the Murlocs

A golden epic, like 8 other epics. Pretty good packs. Much better than my preordered packs.

Oh I saw you opening those! really nice packs..

(BTW I got 51 packs with the promo from amazon.de, didn't know there was a coin back on .com too)

wiibomb

what amazon promotion?

about 25% discount in amazon coins currently, and right now there is a coin back promotion on HS (gives back a percentage of coins on each purchase made on HS with amazon coins)

that's how I got 51 packs for 36 euro, or like Yaboosh, 47 packs for $38.50

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Medivh would be interesting.

You don't get the battlecry though, so no Atiesh if you get him from Free From Amber

Still an amazing card to get though. Free From Amber is legit good. Way better than I pictured when I saw the card in previews.

Grief.exe

You don't get the battlecry though, so no Atiesh if you get him from Free From Amber

Still an amazing card to get though. Free From Amber is legit good. Way better than I pictured when I saw the card in previews.

Oh I meant would be the perfect combo to play after I have played Medivh.

I picked from my Kabal Courier for maximum greed.

f0lken

about 25% discount in amazon coins currently, and right now there is a coin back promotion on HS (gives back a percentage of coins on each purchase made on HS with amazon coins)

that's how I got 51 packs for 36 euro, or like Yaboosh, 47 packs for $38.50

:O I'll have to check it, thanks!

fertygo

I was comparing his deck to the Quest Warrior decks in Standard format, not the Wild format. Standard ones definitely don't run Battle Rage normally.
Its became standard since Kolento made it standard few days ago. Even before that there is some list that utilize battle rage.

wow. got my ass kicked by Quest Rogue. Turn 5 and every minion was at a 5/5. I hope the player just got a great mulligan because that was just insanely unfair.

wow. got my ass kicked by Quest Rogue. Turn 5 and every minion was at a 5/5. I hope the player just got a great mulligan because that was just insanely unfair.

You had one more turn than I had against egg druid. And I played a 2/5 on turn 1.

Its became standard since Kolento made it standard few days ago. Even before that there is some list that utilize battle rage.

Battle rage is not standard. But it's not unusual either. Seen it since the early days of taunt warrior and even reynad ran it in DH.
edit:
Although most did not I think

Dragon priest seems real strong. Beats pirate warrior. Beats mage. Beats hunter. So-so against paladin in my experience. Should do well against egg druid but I did lose once against a very powerful curve and a 1 mistake.

It can beat taunt warrior, I think they're slightly favored or I am playing it wrong or just having bad luck against rag rng and need more games to excel there. Can also go greedier with the list if I need to. (playing the one on tempostorm's metasnapshot atm)

I'm 4-1 against rogue, but surely I am just outplaying them.

Solid tier 2 deck, maybe even a tier 1 pick in the right local meta.

Finalow

was watching a few Heroic Brawl streams, Kibler just got killed by a wild Freeze Mage doing 35 damage in 1 turn. I puked a bit

anyfin pally can do more than that with one card

could be a decent brawl deck actually but LOL @ ever paying $10 to play this unless you're a streamer

Finalow

anyfin can do more but it requires you to draw and play 2 of them + the murlocs, and no taunts have to be in the way. not to mention they could hex/devolve/poly the warleaders. definitely not as disgusting

1 turn if u ignore the turn they played ET to set that up.
technically it still is 1 turn. :p you could argue they start setting that up from when they start drawing

Blizzard

Banned
Yet another reason to hate playing against mage -- 15-minute games, good grief. I should have surrendered just to save time as they pondered every largely meaningless card considering neither of us could lose more than one rank point.

Blizzard

Banned
2 out of 3 games were against mage, 15 and 9 minutes. I'm just going to start dodging since I can play 2-3 games in that time. Ugh.

Blizzard

Banned
2 out of 3 games were against mage, 15 and 9 minutes. I'm just going to start dodging since I can play 2-3 games in that time. Ugh.
The very next game, playing against Priest.

9 minute game.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE PLAY PIRATE WARRIOR. You sit there and rope before clicking your 2 obvious cards in a game where neither player can lose any points.

The very next game, playing against Priest.

9 minute game.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE PLAY PIRATE WARRIOR. You sit there and rope before clicking your 2 obvious cards in a game where neither player can lose any points.

Shit...during the Old Gods meta and even during the Karazhan meta I was regularly having 25+ minute matches. Went to fatigue MANY times.

Top Bottom