• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heist [Mafia] |OT| Snakes on a Train

bqGtChX.png

Hello and Welcome to the Heist’s Getaway Train!

I am The Client, and I am very happy to see that all of you had made it on board! I have hired you all last Thursday to rob the Internet’s largest bank, DogeBank, and I see that you have succeeded in the task. Very pleasing. I had a dastardly wager with the owner of that particular unwholesome institution and I am glad to see that you have managed to show it who’s BOSS.

As a reward, you may keep the entirety of your stolen wealth. 15 BILLION INTERNET DOLLARS!

This train is headed straight for Victory Station where your new identities and documents await. I have also prepared a team of expert facial and bodily reconstructions to aid your escape from the authorities. The only thing you need to do is to arrive at the station safely!

However, as distressing as this may sound, I have heard of a disturbing rumour… You may have thought that every crewman or woman was a loyal member, a professional with principles, an honourable thief – but sadly, it seems that there are traitors amongst you. Certain individuals are aiming to dispose a number of you in order to get larger pieces of the cake that you had fought so hard for!

As you are all natives of our beloved Planet Interwebs, you will not be able to function without the glorious warmth of Wi-Fi connection. Distressingly, the traitors amongst you have undergone genetic manipulations which will enable them to move freely during Tunnel Time, in which all connections are severed. That is when they will strike! Do try not to die. It’s only proper.

On a brighter note, at least this shall give us a proper on-board entertainment :D

belE2iL.gif

Good luck!
Current manifest of passengers:
01. [f] Droplet
02. [m] redhood56
03. [m] Ourobolus
04. [m] *Splinter
05. [m] Burbeting [f] Sawneeks
06. [m] Mazre
07. [m] CornBurrito
08. [m] squidyj
09. [m] cabot [m] CzarTim
10. [m] Karu
11. [m] Royal_Flush
12. [m] Ty4on
13. [m] CrimsonFist
14. [m] Kawl_USC
15. [m] FluxWaveZ

icv6VBp.png
bITe2WD.png
XxMEmMd.png
PFDpFg7.png
Lo2n8CO.png

oPLhmyb.png
FszUJ01.png
HPXuvy1.png
nu8Ec1b.png
51FouhX.png

DFyMJUp.png
RUWbCtU.png
Q5YwsJE.png
9sEWxYO.png
eTcQLjM.png

Example of Role PM:
Welcome PLAYER!

You are A THIEF WITH HONOR. You are aligned with THE CREW.

You have always been a professional with principles and you stick by your people, through thick and thin. You hardly can believe it that some of your pals are actually considering killing you in the name of money and personal gain. The crew was sacred, is it not? After all, you risked everything together! How could they do this to you?! You will not let them get away with it.

You have the power to VOTE out a fellow passenger off the train during Day Phases with the command, Vote: <Player&#8217;s Name>.

Your train can be found here.

Good luck!

You win when you&#8217;ve eliminated ALL TRAITORS.

Fundamental
1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.
2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.
4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread [such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role]. If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.
5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.
6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

Activity and Deadlines
8. Treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' fun is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
9. If you do not post in this thread at least once per Day Phase period without prior permission, you will be sent a PM requesting you respond immediately (a "prod"). If you do not respond to a prod by the end of the following Night Phase, you will be replaced.
10. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify the game-runner by PM in advance. Leave of up to one Day and Night Phase (seven days) is possible.
11. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of 7 days, please notify the game-runner by PM so that you can be replaced in good time - we're sad to see you go, but other players need to be able to continue to play.
12. Each Day Phase will last 3 days. Day Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 72 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
13. Each Night phase will last 1 day. Night Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 24 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
14. If a Phase ends and the game-runner has not received an action PM from a player with a relevant action, then that Phase will end with that that player making no action.
14.1 In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch").
15. If a replacement is needed, they may PM the game-runner once to request the Night Phase in which they join is extended by up to 2 days, to allow catch-up time.
16. Game-runners may change the length of Phases at their discretion. However, they will inform players at the start of the equivalent Phase before (i.e., if Day 7 is set to be shortened, players will be no later than the start of Day 6).

Voting, Lynching, and Death
17. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. You are not allowed to vote for yourself.
18. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
19. Players may use VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day Phase without a lynch ("No Lynch"). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
20. Misspelt votes will be accepted within reason; if the game-runner is unsure they will notify you and in the meanwhile discount the vote. Votes in broken tags will not count.
21. Once someone has received a strict majority (50% +1) of the available votes, the day ends with the Lynch of that player or a No Lynch (whichever applies). Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that Phase will not be counted, and the Night Phase will begin shortly.
22. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.
23. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

The Dead Thread
24. To allow dead players to freely discuss the game with other dead players, a secret thread will be created.
25. On death, a player can either opt to join the replacement list, or receive a link to the Dead Thread. They may not do both. If a player opted to join the replacement list, they may change their mind, but players who have a link to the Dead Thread cannot act as replacements.
26. The Dead Thread will also be made available to non-players, provided they have played in at least one GAF mafia game before in which they did not go inactive. These non-players will also be disbarred from the replacement list.

Other
27. Outside of votes and explicit allowances made by role PMs, the use of the highlight tag is strictly the game-runner's prerogative. Do not use it.
28. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, a replacement will be sought.
29. Do not use the email tags to hide extra content in your posts.
30. A list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") can be requested by contacting any game-runner or game-tutor.
31. Game-runners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes, and changes will be consistent across games.
32. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.
33. Completed GAF games are often read by people thinking of signing up in the future. As such, please keep your avatar spoiler free - it should not allude to your role or alignment.

Additional
34. Night actions should be sent two hours before Day Starts. Missing actions will be decided at Moderator&#8217;s discretion.

Game specific stuff!

I am using Royal_Flush&#8217;s vote counting program so make sure your votes are on their own lines, spelled correctly, and highlighted. If there is a dispute, I will err in whichever direction amuses me the most!

The current vote tally will always be here: http://rfnx.ddns.net/mafia/1158386.html

Some of this may also be repeated from the other rules, but here are a few highlights for me, specifically:

I allow self-voting.
Strict majority (50% +1) of the available votes.
This is a normal game! No bastard roles or rules.
I may shorten day/night phases later when player count decreases.
Don&#8217;t post in this thread after a Day has ended, even if I haven&#8217;t posted the lynch results yet.
Don&#8217;t be a dick for no reason.
Game Phases may be extended around Christmas and New Year days.
Game Phases are 3 days for Day Phase, and 1 day for Night Phase.
Night actions should be sent two hours before Day Starts. Missing actions will be decided at Moderator&#8217;s discretion.

Droplet

Fellow thieves: I will not be posting in or reading the thread on the first irl day, but will be present afterwards including during the first day phase.

Just a heads up.

squidyj

The Raid 2 was a pretty great film if a little bit frayed with an overabundance of characters. I never got why people were so effusive about the first movie, it was like "hey check out my action reel"

squidyj

this true. thx squiders. i just rob reservoir dogs blindly and with abandon for the graphics. lol.

did you like black hat btw

It wasn't very well received which dampened my enthusiasm, I'll get around to it but I still haven't seen it yet.

So I'm no avatar genius but I love Crime films too much so.....

Anthony Wong in Johnnie To's The Mission
8umjQvU.jpg

Yun-Fat Chow in John Woo's A Better Tomorrow
c49I5hX.jpg

Yun-Fat Chow in John Woo's Hardboiled (I know he's a cop in this one)
6mvx1n3.jpg

Alain Delon in Jean Pierre Melville's Le Cercle Rouge
NOHe0bE.jpg

Alain Delon in Jean Pierre Melville's Le Samourai
n8UqF1f.jpg

Stephen Graham in Guy Ritchie's Snatch (that came out wrong)
SEq90KW.jpg

^

wasnt the last guy named after a famous ballerina in that movie

:> :> :>

ouhhhhh so many awesome characters and criminal avatars *______* squiders is a man of taste~

cabot

I'm a doctor.

Luckily for you, that secretly means I'm an ordinary townie.

Dr. Aids has not got your back.

roytheone

I hope you guys all get fucked, I had my dogecoins on that bank :mad:

Now what do I use to buy owl stuff, like.....ehm.....mice to eat, and.......ehm.....more mice to eat.

El Topo

I hope you guys all get fucked, I had my dogecoins on that bank :mad:

Now what do I use to buy owl stuff, like.....ehm.....mice to eat, and.......ehm.....more mice to eat.

Well if you're willing to work for it, I got some internet dollars right here.

Kawl_USC

So we clearly won't be able to match FF in number of posts against that roster of heavy hitters, I say going for half as many should be a good pace.

Swamped

Banned
So we clearly won't be able to match FF in number of posts against that roster of heavy hitters, I say going for half as many should be a good pace.

Um, you have Cabot, Splinter and CornBro
unless they all die on the same night again XD

cabot

Um, you have Cabot, Splinter and CornBro
unless they all die on the same night again XD

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

giphy.gif

*Splinter

Have we started yet?

These ill-gotten gains won't hide themselves. Anyone remember where the nearest safe house is? #notacop

Top Bottom