• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 has sold 12 million units as of May 5th, 2024.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
REouVYV.png

They've also clarified in the webcast that Helldivers 2 also broke the record of God of War Ragnarok for fastest selling First Party game. ;o

According to Sony Interactive Entertainment interim CEO Hiroki Totoki, sales of Helldivers II surpassed the record set by God of War Ragnarok in the same period after its release in 2022. It is Sony Interactive Entertainment’s biggest PC title to date, and as a multiplatform release, it also contributed significantly to sales and profit in the fourth quarter of Sony Group Corporation’s fiscal year ended March 31, 2024.

Last edited:

dDoc

Happy for the devs, but sincerely hope this success does not make Sony push for more GaaS instead of their usual first party output.

“I will say, when I look at a game like Helldivers 2, and it's a great game, kudos to the team shipping on PC and PlayStation, I'm not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox.”

- Phil Spencer
B-b-b-but Phil, wasn't every screen an Xbox?

Why complain?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Genuinely impressive numbers. Most of these sales are full price £34.99.

Sony’s major sales updates usually come 2 or 3 years after launch when the games are regularly discounted to £7-£20.

I wish they reported the revenue on the title given the warbonds and the supercitizen package.

They're probably waiting for the game to hit a billion in revenue, which it will probably do by the end of the year.

They need to have a Mac version by the end of the year in addition to the PS5 Pro version.

It'll be hard for Arrowhead to take this game where it needs to be if they remain independent.

tommib

Super deserved. Every time I go back to it it’s just an endless joy with outstanding moments in every mission. There’s always some new way to fuck up and create pure hilarious chaos.

[Sigma]

Despite my gripes about things at times and ive had a bunch of them(like the way they balance and take away fun things we are able to do within the game plus hidden buffs/nerfs not disclosed in patch notes), im happy for Arrowhead. Specially coming from Helldivers 1 seeing it blow up second time around. I still actively play. It's the reason why I haven't played a couple games ive bought this year yet and why ive quit playing a few that I was playing beforehand. I just keep using my spare time to boot up the game and play a few missions almost per day.

Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush, and Redfall were released on PC all of them combined couldn't do Helldivers 2 numbers. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Let's see how well Hellblade 2 does on PC and Xbox. I hope its a success :messenger_squinting_tongue:
Microsoft's dream is that it will generate zero revenue.

Last edited:
Despite my gripes about things at times and ive had a bunch of them(like the way they balance and take away fun things we are able to do within the game plus hidden buffs/nerfs not disclosed in patch notes), im happy for Arrowhead. Specially coming from Helldivers 1 seeing it blow up second time around. I still actively play. It's the reason why I haven't played a couple games ive bought this year yet and why ive quit playing a few that I was playing beforehand. I just keep using my spare time to boot up the game and play a few missions almost per day.
Same here. Haven't touched CoD once since I got this and I find myself enjoying team based shooters again.
I play a lot with Spyxos from here. Gymwolf i've also played with a couple of times.

It's great fun with the right people. :D

Caliber is free and a more grounded game in the same fashion as Helldivers. Worth a look.

Has both PvE and PvP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom