• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

DelireMan7

Yeah, kind of messed up. Nazis have decided to use that cape as a symbol for their cause. Super depressing
Really ?

Was it not originally because some players despised "Creekers" for playing too much on Malevon Creek and ignoring major orders ? According to them they were kind of responsible of the loss of some Major orders.
Quite a childish reason.

The community is good fun most of the time but sometimes they take the game too seriously.

[Sigma]

The Polar Patriots warbond
dumping-trash-daniel-labelle.gif

Small details at some point when I feel like it. The balance team needs a nice stern talking to about their game.

I feel the new assault rifle might be more situational for the bots while the new SMG is great for bugs. both have better substitutes but it's good to have some variety. had not try the energy "sniper" rifle yet, but that one seems like it's probably going to be the disappointment of this Warbond for me from some of the videos I've seen. not sure about the pistol either, especially since I'm pretty much glue to the Senator and the GL pistol. the booster is pretty mediocre also and I don't see me using it unless there's under REALLY specific situation.

on a side note, been seeing this for a few times earlier today.

both times I was by myself and the rest of the team was across to the other side of the map, so it's definitely not someone else in my squad firing at the Titians. I hope they do add those new guys in soon.

New warbond seems pretty meh so far but I like the SMG. Damage isn't amazing but the stagger is great. It's especially nice against stalkers.

Last edited:

chlorate

Yes, some missions on difficulty 9 are nearly impossible. But, isn’t that the point? It’s the highest difficulty. I don’t go on Halo forums and complain that Truth and Reconciliation on LASO is pretty much unbeatable, because that is the developer’s intent. Go play on 7 if you want to have a fun yet moderately challenging game.

Killjoy-NL

Yes, some missions on difficulty 9 are nearly impossible. But, isn’t that the point? It’s the highest difficulty. I don’t go on Halo forums and complain that Truth and Reconciliation on LASO is pretty much unbeatable, because that is the developer’s intent. Go play on 7 if you want to have a fun yet moderately challenging game.
I'd recommend 8, because 7 is filled with people who aren't ready for the higher difficulties yet.

8 has a much better 'flow' to it, as it's where most experienced players seem to be that don't want to deal with the hectic matches of 9.

Last edited:

GHound

Holy shit there really are people so stupid as to intentionally TK as people are about to extract and then not even bother picking up samples.

So the new warbound is shit. And i only have money for one. Which one to get?

My recommendation is Cutting Edge for the sickle which is a really good primary and the stun grenade which has unmatched utility.

I would have to agree that the Cutting Edge Warbond would be the better choice here. both the Sickle and the Blitzer are great (Blitzer mainly thanks to the recent buff in fire rate) and the Punisher Plasma can also be useful depending on the situation. even the Dagger had gotten a buff in damage recently and not to mention the stun grenade and the Localization Confusion booster being one of a handful of boosters that's actually useful during most missions. definitely go with that Warbond first.

I would have to agree that the Cutting Edge Warbond would be the better choice here. both the Sickle and the Blitzer are great (Blitzer mainly thanks to the recent buff in fire rate) and the Punisher Plasma can also be useful depending on the situation. even the Dagger had gotten a buff in damage recently and not to mention the stun grenade and the Localization Confusion booster being one of a handful of boosters that's actually useful during most missions. definitely go with that Warbond first.
Guess now I know which one to pick!

GymWolf

I bought it mostly so that my medals don't go to waste.The pummeler is fun to use at least.
I already stun everything that move with the blitzer and i do actual damage with that weapon :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I had some hopes for the rifle that charge the hits but from what i'm seeing on yt it's pretty crappy and not a mini-railgun like people were hoping.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The Polar Patriots warbond
dumping-trash-daniel-labelle.gif

Small details at some point when I feel like it. The balance team needs a nice stern talking to about their game.

I really really like the new SMG the minus 5 to damage for a concussive stun is a great trade. the lower ROF is not even a downside I feel at it makes it more manageable at range for hitting weakspots, making its ammo economy really good. I have found it amazing in bot mission coupled with the ballistic shield. However the yes the other 3 additions are just... well not really something you would choose realistically, I was looking forward to the deagle but it feels more like a 1911 than one of those, the lack of medium armor pen means its just an inferior revolver.

So apparently 3 new countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) got blocked form buying the game on Steam. It's kinda ironic that if people didn't make such a big stink about making an account then they could have just made fake PSN accounts and Sony would have just kept looking the other way like they have for years.

FUBARx89

HD Sub reddit is awful at the minute. Idiots throwing about an EU law thinking Sony gonna get sued to oblivion cause they gotta sell everything in all EU regions if it's sold in one region of the EU.

If that was the case. Sony would of been slapped ages ago for not having PSN in them counties.

Bell hats.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

The damage modelling seems to work correctly. My mechs machine gun arm got blown off during battle, leaving me with only rockets. Naturally, I managed the situation, but had to take a mini break (no longer than 2 seconds..standard breaktime) afterwards and take in what had just happened. 😅

Also, the new warbond grenade is excellent. Took out a group of 6 with one hit. The fire spread on impact.

Last edited:
HD Sub reddit is awful at the minute. Idiots throwing about an EU law thinking Sony gonna get sued to oblivion cause they gotta sell everything in all EU regions if it's sold in one region of the EU.

If that was the case. Sony would of been slapped ages ago for not having PSN in them counties.

Bell hats.
Didn't you know that the world's best Legal Department resides in Reddit? Where have you been?

Also the Illuminati are mods at ResetEra. You didn't get this from me.

I really really like the new SMG the minus 5 to damage for a concussive stun is a great trade. the lower ROF is not even a downside I feel at it makes it more manageable at range for hitting weakspots, making its ammo economy really good. I have found it amazing in bot mission coupled with the ballistic shield. However the yes the other 3 additions are just... well not really something you would choose realistically, I was looking forward to the deagle but it feels more like a 1911 than one of those, the lack of medium armor pen means its just an inferior revolver.
I'm now grinding to get Cutting Edge instead. Only 25 Super Credits to go...

Last edited:
Top Bottom