• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help, I'm stuck in Diablo III.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Monk imo. Definitely not crusader, that's the least fun class

I can't even fathom holding this opinion. It's so wrong.

OFFICIAL DIABLO III CLASS POWER RANKINGS

1. Crusader
2. Wizard
3. Barbarian
4. Demon Hunter
5. Witch doctor
72. Monk.

Baleoce

I've put so many hours into Diablo 3, and I've only ever played wizard xD I love the build choice and variety that comes from even one class.

inky

Diablo 2 is a great game but age has definitely hurt it. Just a few things from the top of my head. I'm sure if there is a Diablo 2 HD/remaster Blizzard would definitely address some of these things.

• Builds can't be reset, if you mess up your character it's GG - time to roll a new character.
  • Leveling is extremely grindy - it will take FAR longer to reach max level than it does in D3 (even assuming you solo level in D3 and take your time).

That's not the turnoff for fans of the genre that you think it is. And it has nothing to do with "having aged badly", it's just a different experience for a different kind of player.

Ethelwulf

I can't decide which class to choose. It's my first time playing a Diablo game. Which class feels the least repetitive? The most fun? Which is best for beginners?

So much to consider! I had to walk away.

Like melee but looking for something special? Go monk. They're awesome. Like long range? Go sorcerer.

I can't even fathom holding this opinion. It's so wrong.

OFFICIAL DIABLO III CLASS POWER RANKINGS

1. Crusader
2. Wizard
3. Barbarian
4. Demon Hunter
5. Witch doctor
72. Monk.
Hoo-doo I usually respect your opinion, but this... Monks are simply the best.

Lux R7

That's not the turnoff for fans of the genre that you think it is. And it has nothing to do with "having aged badly", it's just a different experience for a different kind of player.

Agree. D2 is still the best one imho.

And now I'm going to start a new file in D3 because of you people. I kinda wish I had a PS4 to play it though. Currently I only have the PS3 version. But the endgame is still massive.

Adryuu

One does not simply get stuck in Diablo III.

Just roll a dice and play whatever. If you don't like it when you have several abilities, roll another one.

Or just roll a wizard, if you don't like it on level 15, uninstall.

BashNasty

Agree. D2 is still the best one imho.

Eh, this always gets brought up in any Diablo III thread on NeoGAF, and while I absolutely loved Diablo II back in the day and put hundreds of hours into it, I feel that nowadays, for the vast majority of modern players, Diablo III is the better game. Diablo II has aged pretty well, and if you have the right mentality, going back to that game can be a lot of fun, but when you get right down to the nuts and bolts of gameplay, Diablo III feels a whole lot better.

You'll end up playing all of them if the game grabs you.

I'd say out of my many, many, many hours of play I enjoyed the Wizard and Demon Hunter the most.

Edit: Crusader is the most gear dependent. It doesn't become fun until you have one of the end game builds going.

III-V

Wiz makes a great starter build, as other have said. Once you get 'deep in' you will seek out other classes and begin to really 'get' the game.

Have fun, this is one of the all time greats!

Not to hijack, but since op is leaning monk: what difficulty am I supposed to play on? Normal is very easy with my girlfriend so I'm asking for solo.

I never even need to use potions in normal since armor rejuvenates all my hp.

Hoo-doo

Banned
OP here, all signs pointing to Monk.

Suit yourself.

78f6rkrs0ko1.gif

Reorx

I always play mages/caster in RPGs but in Diablo 3 I had most fun with the demon hunter, if that can help you ^^

Mentok

Banned
Play whatever you think looks the coolest. There's no wrong choice. It'll take a hundred hours or more before you've gotten a whole set for your max level character, and you'll be earning paragon points while farming that set, so you'll be improving the base stats of your inevitable next character.

What IS important, though, is this:

Enable Advanced Tooltips. Now, you can see exactly what kind of damage bonuses you get from each skill, and more item information.

Enable Elective Mode. With this, you can combine any variety of skills you want, not just one skill from each category. Barbarian is one of my favorite classes because I use Leap and Furious Chrage (with cooldown reduction rune) to continuously move around without having to wait for cooldowns. Normally, you'd have to choose between those two skills, but with Elective Mode, I use them both.

This is a perfect post. I played through almost every class and had fun with each of them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Diablo II belongs back in 2000.

Nah. Like D3, the first version of D2 kinda sucked, was too short, and too easy. The expansion helped a lot, but it wasn't a complete game (and one that's still better than D3 is to this day) until it got ladder runewords and synergies.

Graciaus

I maxed every class. Monk > wizard > crusader > witch doctor > demon hunter > barbarian. But I am a few updates behind so I'm not sure if they nerfed/buffed stuff I used.

Top Bottom