• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

Open FileZilla on your PC
Open molecularShell on your Vita
Press Select on your Vita
Type the IP Address into the Host field on FileZilla
Press QuickConnect

Now you can double click any file on your PC (left window) to transfer it to the selected folder on your Vita (right window)

everything works fine on my vita. thankfully filezilla is super easy to use.

shame there's no PSP support yet.. that's pretty much the only reason i want homebrew

Open FileZilla on your PC
Open molecularShell on your Vita
Press Select on your Vita
Type the IP Address into the Host field on FileZilla
Press QuickConnect

Now you can double click any file on your PC (left window) to transfer it to the selected folder on your Vita (right window)

Got it

muteki

In once PSX/PSP are there.

Still have some things not on PSN I keep my PSP around for, would be nice to move them over.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
You aren't going to get account banned...

I've read that a couple of times, but there's no way to know at the moment, right? I have a hard time believing this doesn't leave a trace.

I think I kinda lucky to have a pstv and a psv, which means, 1 4 gb memory and 1 16 gb memory..

my plan is using whitelist on pstv with the 4 gb memory and a different account (in the meantime of course, until I know for sure there will be no consecuences) and keep my psv on 3.60

Chuy

Whitelist modding a thing for this as well? Never got a chance to mod my PSTV and would to by pass the whitelist.

I've read that a couple of times, but there's no way to know at the moment, right? I have a hard time believing this doesn't leave a trace.

Well it will show in your log the same way homebrew bubbles and such do at the moment. None of which will matter as soon as Sony release a new firmware and you no longer have access to PSN anyway.

Joey Ravn

Banned

Of course it leaves traces; no one is denying that. It shows up in your Activity Log. But the ePSP stuff also left traces and absolutely no one got banned for using it. My guess is that Sony will patch this with a quick system update to try to catch as many users before they install this exploit and forget about it.

Tried it and got it running. 0 issues.
Snes9x still has framerate issues?

I loaded up Dragon Quest III (fan-translated) and it was running at 80-90 FPS... which is actually too much. VSync was on, but it didn't make a difference :(

And OMG, Do you guys think that psp emu will be possible in the future? I want to play VP Lenneth and Crisis Core so bad in my oled >_<

You could have installed a PSP loader on any firmware prior to 3.60 and play PSP games any day before today since... well, June 2012.

Athreous

Got the Genesis Emu to work great!

Tried the GBA emu, and the low fps in Metroid Zero Mission is horrible... Fusion works great though!

I wonder if they'll work in a N64 port, same with DS :D and maybe psx emu *-*

And OMG, Do you guys think that psp emu will be possible in the future? I want to play VP Lenneth and Crisis Core so bad in my oled >_<

Gu4n

Obviously Sony can track down whoever installed Molecule Shell, but that doesn't mean they will start banning those users per se, especially since there are no financial losses suffered so far (unlike PSP, for which no one was banned either). Banning all Molecule Shell users would mostly generate negativity in the user/fanbase that could lead to boycotts and loses in future sales for Sony. They will do their best to ship out a new patch as soon as possible, but I don't expect them to start banning everyone who installed it; cutting those people off from PSN sounds harsh enough to me.

Chesskid1

Banned
it's not really a question if we will get psp/ps1 game support, but when..

crisis core, how i miss thee.

as for this banning talk, didn't they only start banning when there was MASSIVE cheating in online games like CoD? i remember they threatened it for a while and only did it as a last resort.

i'm using this on my 2nd vita with my japanese PSN account but i wouldnt hesistate to use it on my main.

thuway

This is going to sound like a totally dumb issue but I cannot transfer my save file of Chrono Trigger from my PC SNES9x to the Vita version. I wonder if the software is still in a super early beta state.

Sigh, I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Not working for mine or my wife's vita.
I doubt you are doing anything wrong. I've followed the directions and tried over 40 times. No dice. I have even rebuilt the data base, reset internet, different memory card,etc...

Cade

This is going to sound like a totally dumb issue but I cannot transfer my save file of Chrono Trigger from my PC SNES9x to the Vita version. I wonder if the software is still in a super early beta state.

Savestate file or the actual save file? If one, did you try the other?

Athreous

Of course it leaves traces; no one is denying that. It shows up in your Activity Log. But the ePSP stuff also left traces and absolutely no one got banned for using it. My guess is that Sony will patch this with a quick system update to try to catch as many users before they install this exploit and forget about it.

I loaded up Dragon Quest III (fan-translated) and it was running at 80-90 FPS... which is actually too much. VSync was on, but it didn't make a difference :(

You could have installed a PSP loader on any firmware prior to 3.60 and play PSP games any day before today since... well, June 2012.

Not really, specially because my vita was on 3.57 =p

I had TN back in 2014, but I updated my vita to play online >_<

nm3th

I was able to transfer mine using filezilla. It was a *.srm file from a PSP version though. PC version of save file may not be compatible.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If I install this, can I still buy games from the PS store? Still want Odin Sphere and Dariusburst.

You can, but you won't be able anymore once Sony inevitable release a new firmware to block this.

Hmm, might as well buy Severed right away before Sony decides I can't give them money anymore...

Joey Ravn

Banned
What are the things I can do once I install Henkaku?

Homebrew programs and emulators,
as it says in the OP
, for the time being. Potentially more in a few days.

How do you get the GBA emulator working, it's a .velf file....

It seems the official website hasn't been updated. This version has been reported to be working, albeit a bit buggy ATM.

If I install this, can I still buy games from the PS store? Still want Odin Sphere and Dariusburst.

Yes. Until Sony releases a new firmware, you'll be running the latest one, 3.60, with all the current features intact. And once Sony releases a new firmware, you'll have a short window of time when Vita Update Blocker works, so you can access the PSN Store via a VPN.

JaseMath

You can, but you won't be able anymore once Sony inevitable release a new firmware to block this.

Hmm, might as well buy Severed right away before Sony decides I can't give them money anymore...

Homebrew programs and emulators,
as it says in the OP
, for the time being. Potentially more in a few days.

It seems the official website hasn't been updated. This version has been reported to be working, albeit a bit buggy ATM.

Yes. Until Sony releases a new firmware, you'll be running the latest one, 3.60, with all the current features intact. And once Sony releases a new firmware, you'll have a short window of time when Vita Update Blocker works, so you can access the PSN Store via a VPN.
Guess I'll wait until Sony stops supporting Vita via software updates. :|

data

I dunno if this'll help for you guys, but when I clicked install on the browser, it crashed for me. Then I reloaded the page and it was installing the thing.

ss_lemonade

In terms of speed, the vita should obviously be faster than the og 3ds when it comes to emulating and stuff, but is it faster than the new 3ds if say, both had the latest releases of retroarch with the same cores? The new 3ds had a substantial cpu boost correct?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
changed the whitelist on my PSTV with this

worked like a charm!

finally I can play Disagea 3 on my TV :p

Mendrox

In terms of speed, the vita should obviously be faster than the og 3ds when it comes to emulating and stuff, but is it faster than the new 3ds if say, both had the latest releases of retroarch with the same cores? The new 3ds had a substantial cpu boost correct?

Still better than n3DS

Just worked on my wife's vita after her second try. Didn't even have to rebuild the database.

Not sure why mine isn't doing it. Did the exact same thing.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Guess I'll wait until Sony stops supporting Vita via software updates. :|

That will make no difference. Yifan stated that HENkaku will only support 3.60, since it will probably be patched in 3.61 (or whatever comes next). If you want to take advantage of this, this is the window of opportunity you have.

HotHamBoy

You're not pirating software and the American courts ruled that it is 100% legal to modify the thing you own, to jailbreak (which is what this is).

Top Bottom