• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Smo21

Finally. Had to restart about 5 times loaded directly into the go. Site and it worked. Hopefully this leads to a permanent solution but I guess having it makes me safe for now.

So if I leave my pstv as is, if Sony blocks shop access on older firmware, can I take my card from my Vita, put it in my pstv, download whatever, and put the card back into my Vita?

Gu4n

So if I leave my pstv as is, if Sony blocks shop access on older firmware, can I take my card from my Vita, put it in my pstv, download whatever, and put the card back into my Vita?
No, if your card has been accessed by a version higher than the device you're using it with, you'll be forced to update to the corresponding firmware.

-shadow-

I only have a VitaTV with the whitelist hack, after updating can I still edit the whitelist using this hack? And can I replace my PSOne PAL games with American ROMs?

Caught in a loop of browser crash > restart > browser crash
Sometimes I see a 'Welcome to HENkaku!' popup and then the browser crashes again.
Bleah.

killatopak

Caught in a loop of browser crash > restart > browser crash
Sometimes I see a 'Welcome to HENkaku!' popup and then the browser crashes again.
Bleah.

Restart vita
Clear browser history
Clear browser cookies
Try to install again

Same situation happenes to me and I did the above and it worked after.

Killah

I'm still crashing to the 12828 error after I rebuilt the database and restarted several times.

Never thought something like this would be frustrating.

I really want to try this out, but with the capture card mod in my Vita and hundreds of dollars in digital games from PSN, I can't take the risk. I'll have to bum a Vita off a friend and try it on theirs, since they haven't built up a large investment on the platform like I have. How is the emulation on it so far? Is it worth doing, or is it not worth the trouble at the moment?

Sophia

Had it enabled, but attempting to run DOOM crashed the system for whatever reason and now I can't get it reenabled. x_X;

Browser errors ahoy~!

Hikami

Finally got this to work. Tried like 50 times and kept getting the c2-12828-1 error message. Seemed to work right after I rebuilt the database.

Chesskid1

Banned
hmm, speaking of 3ds i remember trying out some eshop SNES games on there recently. it looked so freakin good, best ive ever seen for an SNES game. a few people mentioned it was because of it's low-res screen being perfect for the SNES, you can do perfect 1:1.

guess i will compare vita side-by-side to it later tonight.

DieH@rd

Banned
Great news, hopefully homebrew scene for Vita will get a big boost after this exploit gain popularity. Vita has excellent hardware, and many emulators could work on it.

Gamespawn

Well, I give up. Restarted a dozen times, cleared history, etc. Keep getting c2-12828-1 after the welcome message.

I'm still crashing to the 12828 error after I rebuilt the database and restarted several times.

Never thought something like this would be frustrating.

Had the same problem. what i did was close the browser on the error screen. make sure you don't have anything in notifications and turn off your check for software updates and turn off all the other auto-start apps (near,messages,etc). in power save settings, make sure low power mode is not checked.turn off your system and turn it back on again.just open the browser and it should load the go.henkaku.xyz site. click ok and it should work.

MacTag

Banned
You are thinking of the PSP.
Nope, it's the Vita. CPU/GPU ended up being downclocked quite a bit; 333/111 MHz defaults respectively, ranged from 444/222 to 41/41 MHz.

When overclocked Vita's CPU still outperforms the n3DS CPU but you lose background functions.

Guess Who

Banned
Nope, it's the Vita. CPU/GPU ended up being downclocked quite a bit; 333/111 MHz defaults respectively, ranged from 444/222 to 41/41 MHz.

When overclocked Vita's CPU still outperforms the n3DS CPU but you lose background functions.

Wow, shit, you're right. That's surprisingly low.

Can I just switch memory cards and do this?

This just made me realize that I have a 8GB card sitting in a drawer. Guess I should clean that up and I can keep the other one loaded with other games.

Sony really screwed itself by keeping those memory card prices so damn high.

N.A

Banned
Any news about retroarch? NeoGeo/CD?

I want to play ps1 games on the go so bad >_<

It's already had an initial port to the Vita but they need to update their toolchain to support the .vpk format. Also, only a few cores work currently (nes, snes and genesis cores I believe). I'm sure they'll get many more working with this new interest in Vita though.

MacTag

Banned
Wow, shit, you're right. That's surprisingly low.
Yeah, emulation will probably be pretty comparable between n3DS and Vita as a result. It really depends on how much effort the community sinks into it but 3DS in general has slowed to a crawl after the initial flurry of interest and then retroarch establishing itself as the go to.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I wonder if it's possible to overclock.
EDIT:
and if possible would official vita games run better?

LewieP

The Vita has a nicer screen that the 3DS, although the 3DS has the benefit of being 1:1 pixels for lots of old systems.

I bet GBA will be way better on Vita just by virtue of better it will be able to scale.

Top Bottom