• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Chesskid1

Banned
Oh, I just took that to mean Vita piracy.

I just want to make sure emulated PSX.
PSP would be nice, but I prefer them on my Go.

yeah, i think they are just referring to vita piracy, as a dev said psp/ps1 emulation wasnt a priority.

e4RfNR2.png

Done it! The Genesis emulator doesn't load the save states and the sounds is way off. It has awesome potential because the games look gorgeous on it.

just type the url the vita gives you in the first text input thingy, let it connect, and just drag and drop to the right window with all the files.

Thanks! I missed the part where I had to press select in molecular shell, after that filezilla made sense.

Muhahaha I shall play my Pokemon on my Vita!

Only the versions I actually own though physically. Piracy is wrong

Besides the new pokemon confuse me too much

Let's say I WAS concerned about being banned (I'm not, really, as I did this on PSP and was fine), considering I have 2 Vitas and a PSTV, could I remove my PSN from one of the Vitas, and create a new PSN account for that Vita specifically? That way, if something happened, it wouldn't affect my primary account with all my games, online access, trophies, etc.

Just curious, as I want to warn anybody I potentially tell to do this.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Let's say I WAS concerned about being banned (I'm not, really, as I did this on PSP and was fine), considering I have 2 Vitas and a PSTV, could I remove my PSN from one of the Vitas, and create a new PSN account for that Vita specifically? That way, if something happened, it wouldn't affect my primary account with all my games, online access, trophies, etc.

Just curious, as I want to warn anybody I potentially tell to do this.

Yes you can do that, or you can use no PSN as someone else pointed out

Joey Ravn

Banned
Someone has created a website that hosts mirrors for VPK applications. Pretty handy :)

VPK Mirror

Could be added to the OP to have a quick reference when someone asks for VPKs.

So it has to be redone every time it's powered off, but it sounds like it's a quick process to redo unlike the last one? Works for me!

Might get some more use out of my PSTV.

Wherever you want, really. I created a folder called "VPKs" and put them there. They are just install files. You can delete them after you've used them.

Okey dokey

Guess i just need to get my ftp setup organized

Do the installs create folders to transfer roms for the emulators?

Sophia

Trying out DOOM is an exercise in frustration. The app hangs the system if the WAD isn't in the right location, but I didn't remember where the WAD was suppose to go. So I had to start the app up to find out, and now that I know I'm trying to redo the activation process. Which isn't working -.-

Athreous

Trying out DOOM is an exercise in frustration. The app hangs the system if the WAD isn't in the right location, but I didn't remember where the WAD was suppose to go. So I had to start the app up to find out, and now that I know I'm trying to redo the activation process. Which isn't working -.-

Can't wait till i get home, to pass the time trying to get it work, alone! :D

Sophia

Can't wait till i get home, to pass the time trying to get it work, alone! :D

Well, DOOM itself plays fine once it's working (wads go in /data/Doom/WADs/ and it doesn't auto create it for you)

However there's no music/sound and it has SNES style controls instead of using the analog stick.

Still in the early stages, but hey, DOOM on Vita. :D

Great stuff, this will give my 2nd Vita something to do now and I can keep my 1st Vita updated, so I can continue to play all my digital Vita games without problems.

Hopefully more and better emulators will appear soon now.

wrowa

I've been doing this since the crack of dawn, I'm losing my mind lol

There's not much to do with it yet anyway, so it might be a good idea to stop before you go insane. :p

I've only tried the Genesis and SNES emulators so far, but while both technically work, the emulation is still too rough as that I would actually want to play games with them (at least with the titles I tested).

data

I thought the 444mhz max in the emulators was a limit from the psp

but apparently it's the vita's cpu speed :[

really hope the emulators get updated to be more optimized soon

if you guys are experiencing slowdown on the SNES emulator, try increasing the clock frequency to 444 MHz. Super Mario All-Stars was a little slow for me at first but now it runs just about perfect.

I tried out Chrono Trigger (seeing as I've never actually finished it), noticed some slight audio issues and when you open up the menu, the framerate dips quite a bit. Might just look into the DS version for a portable version I suppose.

Wow amazing!!! I would definitely stay on 3.60 if I can still sync my legit Vita game trophies. Does anybody know if the trophy app is linked to the firmware or can I still sync trophies with my account on lower firmware?

zewone

Wow amazing!!! I would definitely stay on 3.60 if I can still sync my legit Vita game trophies. Does anybody know if the trophy app is linked to the firmware or can I still sync trophies with my account on lower firmware?

You have to be on the latest firmware.

HotHamBoy

So it has to be redone every time it's powered off, but it sounds like it's a quick process to redo unlike the last one? Works for me!

Might get some more use out of my PSTV.

On the other hand, the Vita has an insanely good battery life in sleep mode. I almost never need to power mine down, it's on for days between charges.

I tried out Chrono Trigger (seeing as I've never actually finished it), noticed some slight audio issues and when you open up the menu, the framerate dips quite a bit. Might just look into the DS version for a portable version I suppose.

DS version is the best version, IMO.

I guess I'm going to wait on this and see if emulators get better optimized. I already have a hacked PSP Go and I still need to get Shiren 5 and some other future Vita titles.

If I had a PSTV, though... Wait, I already have a hacked Wii and hacked Wii U.

Hikami

Finally got everything working it seems. Now to figure out how to get the homebrew on this thing..

Mainly wanted PS1/PSP emulation but that seems to not be here yet.
I'll give the GBA one a try. Been wanting to replay Mega Man Battle Network for a while now.

Top Bottom