• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Operation Overdrive gives me a headache. It's loud and stupid, like the Transformers movies, except without the good looking special effects. In fact, it's one of the ugliest Power Rangers shows ever. I don't know how Disney managed to make an HD show look so horrid.

Also, that blue ice villain. Horrible face.

The original masks were terribad, you can see the actor's mouths. Otherwise I like the icy guy's design, but Zedd jr was hilarious.

WillyFive

The original masks were terribad, you can see the actor's mouths. Otherwise I like the icy guy's design, but Zedd jr was hilarious.

I'd rather have a partially masked character than this thing:

600px-OO_Flurious.jpg

It was disappointing after the great animatronic work they did for Dino Thunder and SPD.

vareon

So, Garo S2 ended, but with a teaser of a Special at the end and a movie on the website. Nice, but I felt the series has nothing interesting left to explore though. We already had two series, two specials, and one movie.

Kendrix places? Really?

Those glasses man.

I always thought she was cute.

But then when I think about it I kinda forgot about about Jen. Wild Force Crossover Jen. That shit was GODLIKE!!!

The rankings as of now would kind of be like this.

Syd, Jen, Kendrix, Cassie, Kat, Vida, Rose, Mia, Kimberly and Dana.

I don't really count Karone because she was hotter when she was Astronema.

Do we count Alyssa here or not?

lmao garo finale.

Wait a sec. We still have the stunt wires around and some cg budget.... so post final boss random fight!

It's like the people watched Inception and was like... 'we can do better'.

vareon

Jelly because his father picked Leo to inherit the title and armor. In hindsight a bit of overreaction.

So that he killed his friend, tried to resurrect an ancient weapon using the body of a legendary horror, and tried to kill every Makai Knights in hope that the Priests take control of the horror extermination thing.

Yeah, dude's a bit overreacting.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Libra's gonna lib

Oh hey, I love how despite being "character focus" episodes, everyone in Gobuster still does stuff.

WillyFive

So Blue's attitude when he has overheated... suppressed anger or bipolar?

Probably closer to the former. He also doesn't like being old, so he takes it out on the youngest one.

Also, has a ranger ever cried like Yoko did? I don't think I have seen a ranger cry like that.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ive come to the conclusion when shun isnt in his high school unform, he desperately wants to be clark kent. hes such a damn square.

lol meteor storm beyblade hissatsu.

Seriously why give the martial artist rider such bulky armor? That little spar against the ninjas looked so awkward.

lol meteor storm beyblade hissatsu.

Seriously why give the martial artist rider such bulky armor? That little spar against the ninjas looked so awkward.
He looked like gained a little extra weight. I find his hi ougi / finisher to be hilarious. Also we have to remember kr is also about toys/ merchandise

WillyFive

I don't like Meteor Storm, period. His arsenal look far too much like toys, the suit lost it's unique asymmetrical look, and the new color-scheme is a downgrade.

His color-scheme reminds me of Shinken Gold, which isn't a bad thing; but Genta made his own suit and it fit what the imagination of a kooky sushi seller would have. A spinning top toy as a finisher doesn't really fit in with a guy who used to punch people with planets.

Also we have to remember kr is also about toys/ merchandise

Yes.

Parallax

as over the top buster oh is, its at least symmetrical, which is pleasing to me

that fourze though.... they didnt learn from final decade obviously cuz that looks horrible.

WillyFive

I would have had the Go-Buster-Oh only have one drill and rocket, like Fourze does; but other than that, I can't complain.

I am not clicking with the gobusters.They need a fuck yeah moment.

They clicked for me in Episode 2, with Red and Yellow's interaction. But it's true that they aren't very showy.

Parallax

I am not clicking with the gobusters.They need a fuck yeah moment.

i kinda feel that. most series either grab me or lose me, and im being very giving with my patience on gobusters. the commander not giving a fuck makes me keep on, but the main cast is bland.

EDIT: i take that back. ryuuji overheating and going hotblooded is fuck awesome. he should have been lead.

Slayven

i kinda feel that. most series either grab me or lose me, and im being very giving with my patience on gobusters. the commander not giving a fuck makes me keep on, but the main cast is bland.

EDIT: i take that back. ryuuji overheating and going hotblooded is fuck awesome. he should have been lead.

You know the commander has a bottle of Jack in his desk. I am going to hold out until the beetle bros. That and for Nick to say "Walking the path of heaven....".

Parallax

You know the commander has a bottle of Jack in his desk. I am going to hold out until the beetle bros. That and for Nick to say "Walking the path of heaven....".

and a pack of smokes. he probably says "im getting too old for this shit" a lot too,

and yeah, ive seen the kabuto design similarities from day one. it almost looks like what kabuto hyper zecter could have looked like.

vareon

Cosmic States doesn't seem bad to me. Except that switches on his chest, but we went through Decade Complete. I like this one better than Meteor Storm.

Big One

Banned
Man looking at the spoiler pics from the upcoming crossover movie, makes me realize how much Super Sentai and Kamen Rider writers care about continuity. Gokaiger is a good example that they do, but even that has some problems if you take in every plot point aspect of past sentai series. Kamen Rider Decade tried to fit them into a multiverse continuity, but completely ignored their real continuities aside from BLACK and Den-O.

But overall, just a mess if you were to legitimately try to piece things together.

Also Go-busters 5 was pretty damn awesome imo. Favorite episode yet. Ryuuji was so badass when he overheated, very unconventional to see in a sentai outside of evil senshi.

WillyFive

There's going to be a Fourze crossover with Shin-Chan, and Net Movies have been previewed for Kamen Rider vs. Super Sentai. The latter is like a murder mystery to see why certain rangers and riders keep disappearing, and both the Go-Busters and Fourze put on Sherlock Holmes get-up while morphed and start asking questions to random characters.

Also, Off-Topic is getting it's own Community section, and this 3 year old thread still hasn't been noticed. Let's keep it up!

On episode 21 of Fourze and man the 3,2,1 part in this episode had me in tears! So funny! This is the first Rider series since Den-O where I like the secondary Rider more than the main. Fourze is dope but I really dig Meteors design alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom