• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't know how many people have actually tried it, but the mac client is total trash. I had graphical glitches constantly, and the game would chug for no discernable reason, even on low settings.

Finally bought this game. Kind of regret waiting so long (no shield/golden name), but the differences are cosmetic. I was going to wait for a sale but I've sunk so much time into this that supporting the devs was a no-brainer.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/11/exclusive-reveal-hero-of-newerths-new-hero/

pv4BW.jpg

Dwarven Sniper port is the newest hero.

blitz64

Interesting. I thought they won't port dwarven because scout is using the same ultimate.

Now there are 2 heroes with the exact same ult. Sorta like Witch slayer and Pyromancer having the same ultimate.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dwarven Sniper of all heroes?

I mean don't get me wrong he was really fun if played right but he was also the definition of an auto attacking hero.

I hope they at least make his animation very inconspicuous. I loved sneaking around with lothars and peppering people to death before they even realized I'm there.

I just discovered how fun Deadwood is to play. His tree picking up skill makes laning and last hitting a breeze. People underestimate how deadly is ult is when they are rooted since it gives them -armor. Once you get portal key it becomes a gankfest. Fun hero.

Dina

Bit too good, imo. Sure he's hardly ever competative picked but when DW wins the mid lane, and he does that easily, he can make most pubs very, very hard.

spermatic cord said:
I just discovered how fun Deadwood is to play. His tree picking up skill makes laning and last hitting a breeze. People underestimate how deadly is ult is when they are rooted since it gives them -armor. Once you get portal key it becomes a gankfest. Fun hero.

I prefer initiating with his ult since his root can be hard to land. Blink+ult+root while they're stunned+attack with tree to finish.

Lone_Prodigy said:
I prefer initiating with his ult since his root can be hard to land. Blink+ult+root while they're stunned+attack with tree to finish.
I like throwing his tree, then rooting since it becomes easy to land when they're slowed, and finishing off with the ult.

Meeru

Banned
But they made him so fun to play..he should be an anime hero instead if an orc..cuz the way he shoots his shotguns is so...anime :lol

Meeru

Banned
Well the attack animation is pretty much d dead on with sniper. Key differences are increase in damage and the instant damage on his first skill instead of dot

Meeru

Banned
Version 1.0.10
-------------
== General ==

- Fixed Flint Beastwood's icon to show up in player stats properly
- Fixed the remaining issues related to watching a replay when skipping past the hero loading portion
- Fixed an issue where the "permanent keybind" feature for control groups was not allowing the camera to center when the control group key was double tapped
- Fixed the "Save Channel" button to work properly
- Fixed an issue with the display of player stats, win percent should once again be accurate
- Fixed advanced game mode filter and advanced game options filter on public game interface to correctly save values

== Items ==

Stormspirit
- Using Storm Spirit on an enemy will now block item usage, for example it will disable a homecoming stone from being used
- Using Storm Spirit on an ally will no longer be dispellable

Striders
- Striders will now go into cool down when channeling a spell
* They will stay in cool down for the duration of a channeled spell or item, meaning that if a player teleports to a lane with a Homecoming Stone, they will have to wait 3 more seconds to get full speed from Striders
- Striders will now remain in cool down while dead
- Striders will not longer be put into cool down as the result of dealing damage over time (DoT) damage on another player
* Casting the spell that deals DoT damage will still put them into cool down, but the lingering DoT will not keep the boots in cool down if the player has otherwise exited combat

Puzzlebox
- Added more sound effects for spawn and ability usage

== Heroes ==

Armadon
- Fixed an issue causing Spine Burst to not always deal its damage

Flint Beastwood
- Fixed base damage from 39-50 to 36-42
- Lowered base armor from 2.94 to 2
- Adjusted Hollowpoint damage from 30/40/50/60 to 20/30/40/50
* Fixed tooltips to show corrrect % chance to proc
- Fixed an issue causing vision to never be lost on a target if Flint used his ult and had his mana drained during the channel time
- Aggro range for Flint Beastwood increases to 850 when Dead Eye is at max level
- can no longer target Mechanical units with Money Shot

Sand Wraith
- Fixed an issue causing his Desert's Curse to not properly track targets when an enemy hero is selected

Succubus
- Fixed an issue preventing Mesmerize from dealing its damage

Sorry for that whine on the last game alumnus..but there was no possible way i could let that fayde mid, unless i picked a lane hero like scout or osmething

Kapura

Banned
I thought it was funny when Nome called this patch a bug fix more than anything else. Glad to see Flint brought down to earth.

Am I the only one who thinks the orc's appearance and weapons make no sense for him being sniper?

Gotta keep an eye on this game though. Never played HoN but DotA used to be my shhiiittttt

Meeru

Banned
DreadTheUnDead said:
Am I the only one who thinks the orc's appearance and weapons make no sense for him being sniper?

Gotta keep an eye on this game though. Never played HoN but DotA used to be my shhiiittttt
you'll never go back to dota after hon. fact u can sell your item in case u made an mistake for full refund is awesome.

blitz64

I can play this game all day just like WoW.

Playing 2-3 games of Starcraft2 just stresses me out. I don't know why. I could never play more than 2 hours of Warcraft3 either.

Also chatrooms and clans in HoN is great and a major feature missing in sc2. I feel lonely in sc2 sometimes when none of my realid friends log on.

Kapura

Banned
Archie said:
I wish S2 would hurry up with team matchmaking, or hell, at least make matchmaking worthwhile.
I always go into solo matchmaking if I don't have people to rely on to play pubs with. Much rather lose SMR than PSR, you know what I mean?

valenti said:
you'll never go back to dota after hon. fact u can sell your item in case u made an mistake for full refund is awesome.

Can you sell an item you buy while away from a shop (when you can't access your stash)? I remember buying the pieces for Shroud and I thought it was sorted by price, so I clicked the second item and bought another Steamstaff.

valenti said:

That is a pretty awesome way to avoid FFFFUUUUUUU moments.

EDIT: wait can refund be done whenever during the game (ie allowing for build changes mid-game) ? Or is it just like 10 seconds after purchase or something to fix mess-ups ?

JoeMartin

Lone_Prodigy said:
Can you sell an item you buy while away from a shop (when you can't access your stash)? I remember buying the pieces for Shroud and I thought it was sorted by price, so I clicked the second item and bought another Steamstaff.

Yeah you can ctrl + shift + r click an item in your stash to sell it from anywhere.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Kapura said:
I always go into solo matchmaking if I don't have people to rely on to play pubs with. Much rather lose SMR than PSR, you know what I mean?

Yeah I prefer MM, but it is a pain in the ass right now. I also want team MM since we rarely have enough people online to do any sort of IH, but I'd still like to play with a few familiar faces.

Meeru

Banned
DreadTheUnDead said:
That is a pretty awesome way to avoid FFFFUUUUUUU moments.

EDIT: wait can refund be done whenever during the game (ie allowing for build changes mid-game) ? Or is it just like 10 seconds after purchase or something to fix mess-ups ?
No, 10 seconds or so to fix mess-ups.

DreadTheUnDead said:
Alright that makes more sense.

The alternative would have made for a pretty dynamic game though. Little too dynamic probably.

That would be one long chess match. For example, buy a Restoration Stone (refresher), use it, sell it while it recharges, build a Shrunken Head (bkb), use it, build something else while in cooldown.

Alright I'm finally taking the plunge after work tonight and buying HoN! I'm mentally prepared to be yelled at and debased :lol . Any GAFers want to mentor a noob? Hell, I'd be satisfied just playing with some GAFers.

Lone_Prodigy said:
That would be one long chess match. For example, buy a Restoration Stone (refresher), use it, sell it while it recharges, build a Shrunken Head (bkb), use it, build something else while in cooldown.

Yeah I'd imagine people would just take turns buying items that counter their opponents build, until the opponent figures it out, buys his own counter and it just repeats from there.

valenti said:
well, ive been playing with alumnus so you can play with us :p are you familiar with dota?
I am familiar with the game mechanics and some of the more in-depth concepts such as jungling, denying, and different character role types but I honestly don't have that much play time under my belt. I'm a fast learner though :D

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Never played a game that has made me rage so hard before. I just broke a cup because I'm on a 4 game losing streak because my typical pub game is filled with IDIOTS who want to do Kongor 3 times in a row and get wiped every time. [/rage]

JoeMartin

This game has the ability to incite rage unlike any other. It brings out the most terrible side of otherwise decent human beings. Nothing else in life has caused me to lose more faith in humanity than this game.

And I still play it.

Kapura

Banned
That's how you know it's a good game. It's primary flaw is it turns otherwise normal people into monsters, but we're willing to overlook the distortion of our own humanity to play it.

Everyone that plays is this game is scum. I hate everyone in this game. It's fun when you get a good game with no ragers and leavers.

The worst is when your lane mate autoattacks the creep waves thinking they're actually doing a good thing.

This game makes you want to rip your monitor from the table and throw it at your mother.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Played a game where Magmus decided that farming 45 minutes for a Restoration Stone was a pro move. We actually destroyed the other side when I was barking orders to push lanes (mostly because I was so pissed off).

I love this game, but I hate the people playing it.

Top Bottom