• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT| Pretty sure that Abathur is AFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Looking at hotslogs and Blackscorp plays a bit of sylvanas and sgt hammer and in a recent pro match he went with Nazeebo but wow 610 games played with Illidan at an 82% winrate, 688 played with Zeratul at an 80.8% winrate.

Damn, he's got the same winrate I had on Monk
after 30 games
. Blackscorp almost as good as me confirmed.

Seriously, though, that shit is insane lol. I was proud of my 30 game record, can't imagine 600+ with that level of winning.

Fmal

Banned
I know this probably gets whined about a lot, but has Blizzard said anything about implementing a ban/swap system in Hero League? Right now I almost hate getting First Pick more than anything because I can't just play whatever I want.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
welp, I did it ♥

WoJ2f2s.jpg

Alur

so the part about the family was a lie

You're my new favorite poster.

Yoshi how the hell did you get it so fast? Thought someone had said it'd take 4-8 hours without a boost? Course I guess it's been about that amount of time...

Teach me your secrets. We are about to do it ourselves in an hour or so.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You're my new favorite poster.
BULLIES!!! ._.
Yoshi how the hell did you get it so fast? Thought someone had said it'd take 4-8 hours without a boost? Course I guess it's been about that amount of time...

We all started from the beginning (season start!) - couldn't have done this without my homies!

bizzle

Neo Member
what the heck...it's still 2 minutes from starting over here in California.

I'm like 20 minutes away from Blizzard HQ and I can't even start the season lmao!

If that qualifies as bullying already people just haven't been really bullied.

Honestly though I thought I had been bullied in our equivalent of middle school until a friend told me stories of really getting bullied.

Dunfisch

Yeah, not much to it. At the end of the day, the levelling meta is the same as ever. Halls of Agony in A1 and the type of bounty where you clear the second level of some cave / area plus cursed chest events (kill 100 mobs) pay out the most exp. Rifts are good too, but can be random in density.

Other than that, nothing else to it but to keep pushing. On EU Diablo-GAF there's a couple folks who went plenty faster still. Akai and crew should be, as of writing this at, oh, maybe ~75 Paragon.

Fun season ahead :D .

Zafir

Probably won't bother going for it. Haven't got Adventure mode unlocked and I really cba going through the story again.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Last time I sat down and had a HotS binge I went 2-12. This time I went 4-8. It's getting better, but not by much. I wish I knew why I lost so many games of this. The first week it was slay all day. Now it seems like the enemy is always a step ahead of us. They always have a better team comp in some way, or always have a hero advantage (one dead or a few of us lower HP) before objectives spawn. Stuff like that. And the snowball in this game is REAL. No comeback games in the last couple days at all, not including the one time we were winning the game pretty handily and then threw severely and the enemy won in a single boss push. It's just been a disaster. I thought it was just my solo queuing that was a problem but I've even been playing with my stack and we've completely lost it.

Dunfisch

In D3 do you get xp bonus for playing with friends like in HotS?

You get XP bonus for having a full party, up to 4 people total. Whether they're in your friendslist or the same clan or strangers doesn't matter. It's a specific buff ingame called "Strength in Numbers", and won't work if you're not fairly close to each others. Maybe within 2-3 screens.

Maledict

Fucking 1st pick novas in HL. Fuck. Go gathering power and die 10 times. Fuck.

Lost 10, won 2 over the last week. I am so utterly sick of losing games at the draft screen right now, I'm contemplating just stopping playing. I should not be matched with people who only have 300 games played, or who think first pick nova is good, or who play Kael and don't pick any useful talents.

The fact that hero league queue times have dropped so rapidly since the patch is a really, really bad thing and it pisses me off that Blizzard don't realise this.

Maledict

Wow I'm not so resolute, I just go play murky in QM when on a losing streak. At least losing makes fun playing the little annoying shit.

I like playing with my friends, my friends want to play. The problem is that the matchmaker seems to have gone insane. I haven't had a queue of longer than 30 seconds since the patch now for hero league - it honestly doesn't seem to care what MMR people have, it's just group size.

It really feels like the MM was tinkered with last patch to make matches faster, and it's really frustrating to go into game after game and realise the game is lost at the draft screen.

(First pick nova's sob)

I like playing with my friends, my friends want to play. The problem is that the matchmaker seems to have gone insane. I haven't had a queue of longer than 30 seconds since the patch now for hero league - it honestly doesn't seem to care what MMR people have, it's just group size.

It really feels like the MM was tinkered with last patch to make matches faster, and it's really frustrating to go into game after game and realise the game is lost at the draft screen.

(First pick nova's sob)

and your friends don't get frustrated and want to try out troll comps in QM?

Also if you're multi queuing shouldn't it statistically mostly be one of your team getting first pick?

Lastly I am still in the awful mmr range but I've never even seen a thrall in HL.

Maledict

It's weird how popular first pick nova is, considering how much less usefull she is if the opponent picks bulky heroes...

It's weird how popular first pick nova is, considering how much less usefull she is if the opponent picks heroes... ;-)

She's so bad right now, but the problem is she really attracts a certain type of player - solo gankers who play hard carries in other MOBAs, who are determined to play that leet killer role no matter what. It doesn't matter *how* bad she is as a character (and she's really, really bad currently) - she'll always be popular because of gankers.

Fmal

Banned
Iirc they are given out for a certain amount of games and when the system thinks you're outside the rank of your given MMR or something

That's weird, I'm getting 200 per win but I literally only just finished my placement matches a few games ago. I figured the placement matches would have put me in the right rank right away.

That's weird, I'm getting 200 per win but I literally only just finished my placement matches a few games ago. I figured the placement matches would have put me in the right rank right away.

They did say they are granting ranks conservatively and I think the skill bonus is given in general for the first ~100 HL games

Maledict

They did say they are granting ranks conservatively and I think the skill bonus is given in general for the first ~100 HL games

It's because the rank you get after your placement matches is roughly 5 or so ranks lower than it should be. You then get a bonus until you hit that rank.

It's a cheap psychological trick so that you gain levels fast and feel rewarded after placement matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom