• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Oscar

Played since closed beta, went balls deep, then dropped the game in early 2016 for LoL.

Considering a return with 2.0, I'm glad to see Blizzard trying to pump some life back into this game.

scoobs

Synergy just beat Tricked on Braxis in a 7:48 game. Is that the fastest pro Heroes game ever played?

There's been several 6-7 minute ones before. Its rare though.

I've been farming blueberries for a few days now, I'm due for a tomato streak of epic proportions me thinks. Artanis is just so good.

I have to say, one of the things I love about this game is all the classic blizzard tunes. Nothing makes more nostalgic browsing the menus listening to the Diablo 2 LoD login screen theme.

Alur

I always needed the 30 pounds myself, too skinny. Now that I'm in my 30's I've got the 30 pounds to be normal sized like everyone else...it's the gym part that eludes me. 2 lazy 4 gym

EDIT: er oh wait I'm swole af and 6'2 220 of sculpted physique like everyone else on GAF
Kappa

Altairre

Lvl 22 on Haunted Mines, we still have two keeps, they have none, their golem is ever so slightly stronger than ours, what does my team do? Everybody defends. I just went core alone and managed to pull at least two of them with me after a while but it was still way closer than it should have been. JUST WIN THE VIDEOGAME!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
been reading up on the loot boxes,not sure how I feel about the "shards" and a crafting system, I thought duplicates would just turn to gold.

scoobs

And master skins or are thet changing that?
Master skins are loot box items now, they're just counted as regular skins now. No more master skins.

Next hero teaser is out on the official twitter account, and... it's got claws. Looks like it's definitely not Overwatch. Warcraft dragon? Is it finally Deathwing? Will Pallytime get his wish?

Although it does say "something sneaks around in Hanimura..."

Alavard

Those claws look really... savage. More like from a bear than a dragon. Diablo-2 Werebear Druid?

There's also Broll Bearmantle, a druid from Warcraft who journeyed with Varian and Valeera.

kirblar

Master skins are loot box items now, they're just counted as regular skins now. No more master skins.

Next hero teaser is out on the official twitter account, and... it's got claws. Looks like it's definitely not Overwatch. Warcraft dragon? Is it finally Deathwing? Will Pallytime get his wish?

Diablo II Assassin.

We know the hero is female. Can't be Broll or the D2 Druid.

Alavard

Diablo II Assassin.

We know the hero is female. Can't be Broll or the D2 Druid.

Apparently the female thing is a bit inconclusive. The french site indeed uses the feminine form, but sites in some other languages are apparently using the masculine.

kirblar

Apparently the female thing is a bit inconclusive. The french site indeed uses the feminine form, but sites in some other languages are apparently using the masculine.
I retract my suggestion, I didn't realize there was sound! It's deifnitely not a person, at least not all the time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Probius is neat. Not part of any of those mega bundles iirc tho.

Alavard

Might be just a bit bigger than that, the growl sounds a LOT like the filter they use for Deathwing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq4Y7ztznKc

I know we don't get much of a sound clip, but it sounds more bestial than Deathwing or another dragon to my ears. Also, Deathwing is more known for his flames than his claws. But then again, the claw marks are vandalism to the symbol of the Shimada Clan dragon crest...

I love it when they tease the heroes this way. My favorite was the teasing of Dehaka where it slowly became more and more certain that's who it would be.

Those low ranking HL games where your teams toxic af and you still win cause the opposing team is even more toxic lol.

edit: I'm guessing feral druid for the new hero.

scoobs

Deathwing isn't exactly known for his "sneakiness" though. Is there some kinda stealthy zerg dinosaur looking thing like Dehaka out there that I'm unaware of?

Alavard

Deathwing isn't exactly known for his "sneakiness" though. Is there some kinda stealthy zerg dinosaur looking thing like Dehaka out there that I'm unaware of?

Well, there's Zurvan, from Starcraft 2. Another Primal Zerg, like Dehaka.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zurvan

Hell of a stretch there though. He wouldn't exactly have a reason to claw the Shimada dragon family crest

I'm now on team Deathwing. 2.0 is a huge event and this hero is getting their own special cinematic. They need to be as iconic as Varian and Ragnaros.

Link? Checked the twitter and nothing there

kirblar

Well, there's Zurvan, from Starcraft 2. Another Primal Zerg, like Dehaka.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zurvan

Hell of a stretch there though. He wouldn't exactly have a reason to claw the Shimada dragon family crest

I'm now on team Deathwing. 2.0 is a huge event and this hero is getting their own special cinematic. They need to be as iconic as Varian and Ragnaros.
Someone over on Reddit pointed out that Yu'lon woud be super duper appropriate for a reveal here, but I'm not sure that growl ....exact fits her personality.

Alavard

Someone over on Reddit pointed out that Yu'lon woud be super duper appropriate for a reveal here, but I'm not sure that growl ....exact fits her personality.

Yeah, I don't think so. Very obscure and like you said, the growl doesn't make sense.

If it's a Warcraft dragon, it's gotta be Deathwing, Onyxia, or Nefarion.

scoobs

Potentially nothing, but look who's got 3 claws
maxresdefault.jpg

kirblar

Yeah, I don't think so. Very obscure and like you said, the growl doesn't make sense.

If it's a Warcraft dragon, it's gotta be Deathwing, Onyxia, or Nefarion.
The thing about Yu'lon specifically is that she's

a) perfect for a Hanamura reveal (she's an eastern-style Dragon, like the Super Shimada Bro's family dragons)
b) almost certainly a support
c) Not 5000 yards long.

Not saying it can't be DW, but...don't be disappointed if it's her.

Rhaknar

yay finally won a game since coming back lol ;_;

really liking Probius :)

scoobs

To be fair they shrunk ragnaros down so he doesn't look ridiculous running around on the map, I don't see why it would be any diffferent for Deathwing

Rhaknar

just got 4k gold out of the blue. It said something like "everyone in the nexus just got a free hero, but here's 4k gold instead"

...what? :(

Are you max player level? I seem to recall free hero unlocks being added in at some point.

lvl 40? of course. I came back kirb, I didnt just start :3

I guess they give out 4k heroes and I already have them?

It might be Deathwing

That growl is more masculine if anything. Can't be a druid because they don't have 3 claws. Deathwing scratching Hanamuras environment fits with the fact that his login screen was him scratching Stormwinds towers. He loves to scratch things.

I wanna lean towards Deathwing perhaps. This is a hero worthy of being featured in the new HotS cinematic, so it must be good (I would hope). They wouldn't waste that on an obscure character.

Top Bottom