• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Zackat

One day later for EU of course. Very annoying how they constantly talk about the 25th and don't mention the fact it's the 26th for their biggest market...

I've never really got a straight answer on why they do it in the first place. It's especially weird for WoW PvE progress races. Even though EU stomps out the competition from NA, they could eventually have the problem where the one day difference may make all the difference in progression.

Maledict

I've never really got a straight answer on why they do it in the first place. It's especially weird for WoW PvE progress races. Even though EU stomps out the competition from NA, they could eventually have the problem where the one day difference may make all the difference in progression.

Because blizzard refuse to get in sync with the rest of the world and still treats EU like a second class market (despite it being their biggest market). It's utterly bizarre that they remain the only big games company that can't do world wide releases for this sort of thing.

Alur

IMO they do it for pure malice. If we can't beat EU in esports then by god we'll take as many small petty victories as possible, starting with each patch being NA DLC exclusive for one day.

Maledict

To be fair to GFE, they let them have a fair game. We all know they could have abused the bot and won that series hands down, but they didn't and lost fairly. The fact is though they should have won with a 3-0 sweep.

Isn't this the second GFE have lost a match they should have breezed through? That's teams consistency is so bad.

Edit: spoke with Khroen, they were ignoring the Muradin because with their comp and a divine palm they couldn't kill a bot Muradin either, so wasn't a sportsmanship thing, just a tactics choice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oooh you get 1000gold for playing 3 brawl games :eek:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn just used Cassia in brawl, that charge seems ridiculous!

Edit: 3 brawls 3 assassin role why :(

Maledict

Dread straight up calling bstep washed up

And he's not wrong

The skill level in the game has risen so much since C9 won blizzcon. I remember Bakery saying late last year that they would have been destroyed by the dignitas from 2016. If you look at how much better teams have become at controlling the map and micro control in team fights it's night and day.

Kioshen

Because blizzard refuse to get in sync with the rest of the world and still treats EU like a second class market (despite it being their biggest market). It's utterly bizarre that they remain the only big games company that can't do world wide releases for this sort of thing.

Their cloud infrastructure is a homebrew one from the old days of wow. They keep making it better but their sharding mechanism still leaves a lot to be desired. It's also the reason why they are also one of the few game services game company left that still do big maintenance windows. It's not that they don't want to. I'm sure they are aware of the frustrations of their EU customers every time there's a big new release like heroes or a hearthstone expansion but it's what they are stuck with. That ship ain't nimble but it's sturdy and all their pipeline is tuned to it.

Apathy

In wow the difference between releases of patches doesn't matter because the tracking of the world first has this extra day taken into account. So wowprogress just tracks it as if they both got released at the same time and it's just based on time.

Ketch

Yea, both teams look sloppy as hell

It's like the outcome is a coin flip because they're all shit and just mash buttons at the last second

Edit: nevermind ?

It's like the outcome is a coin flip because they're all shit and just mash buttons at the last second

I thought that after the 4 for 1 trade B-Step should have just turned in and pushed bot. Going for the boss was too greedy and it wasn't going to do much anyways because Team 8 still had both top forts up.

Chromie getting stuck in Leoric's entomb was hilarious though.

Rhaknar

rexxar is really good right now.

Q talent
animal husbandry
aspect of the beast
bestial wrath
wildfire or dire bear
primal intimidation or feign death
frenzy or hardened

make sure D is on quick cast and you either have to alt-D or D yourself to make him follow.

using this build and i like it

Maledict

Edit: nevermind ?

Yeah this just seems random right now. What the hell happened to the Team 8 that showed up to Western Clash? This is the level of play we were expecting at the start of HGC before they surprised us all...

using this build and i like it

I use that build all the time and love it. One thing to consider is to read the early game before taking Animal Husbandry. If you sense it'll be a messy game, it can be a waste of a talent with 1 or 2 deaths. In that case, I'll go Hungry Bear. Either way, love me some bear action.

Ketch

If b step didn't fall so far behind for an entire match maybe they'd feel more comfortable iniating sometime before their very last chance.

I use that build all the time and love it. One thing to consider is to read the early game before taking Animal Husbandry. If you sense it'll be a messy game, it can be a waste of a talent with 1 or 2 deaths. In that case, I'll go Hungry Bear. Either way, love me some bear action.

I think animal husbandry is always the talent unless they have multiple giant killer heroes OR you'll get like good orb value like double soaking mid/top on booty bay.

Animal husbandry is so much value, even if you die because it has no cap, it ends games at lvl 20 plus cause misha is just like infinite value. Not a lot of lvl 4 talents can decide games.

Alur

Yeah this just seems random right now. What the hell happened to the Team 8 that showed up to Western Clash? This is the level of play we were expecting at the start of HGC before they surprised us all...

I'd lean more towards this being the rule and the first half being the exception. Glaurung's teams have always been like this, more or less. If only Familie were here to be disappointed and/or defend him/them now. :D

Malf with TD on every single game :/

Why don't NA teams just ban him? TD is one of the biggest deciding factors in tf's, it's even more dangerous at 20 when he just blink into the group.

edit: I'm actually really surprised that Malf hasn't been nerfed despite his continued presence in the competitive scene.

Ketch

Damn, do you guys remember how cool we all thought brawl was gonna be? Now relatively disappointing has it turned out to be? Sucks

They need to remove cleanse from malf

Edit: I would go KT for bstep here.

Rhaknar

oh I really enjoyed this game I did with Auriel. Is she considered any good?

Forgot how fun the game can be.

Rhaknar

She's OP when paired with high damage assassins. Namely guldan, valla, lunara

ah our team had a nice Kerri and I was 80% of the time with her, also a Cass.

edit: also Alur, before you ask (not that you were going to), but no im not going full hog like 2 years ago, I actually want to pace myself out more and play more casually this time around, and im also not going to be buying every hero and skin on sale as I used to, because just the cold hard truth the ol' financial situation isnt what it used to be lol. Lunara is on sale right now and I didnt buy her for example :p

I am however, increasingly more excited to be playing again.

edit 2: speaking of Lunara, we had a Lunara on a previous game and she seemed...cool? She kept pouncing on people and killing them.

Ketch

ah our team had a nice Kerri and I was 80% of the time with her, also a Cass.

edit: also Alur, before you ask (not that you were going to), but no im not going full hog like 2 years ago, I actually want to pace myself out more and play more casually this time around, and im also not going to be buying every hero and skin on sale as I used to, because just the cold hard truth the ol' financial situation isnt what it used to be lol. Lunara is on sale right now and I didnt buy her for example :p

I am however, increasingly more excited to be playing again.

edit 2: speaking of Lunara, we had a Lunara on a previous game and she seemed...cool? She kept pouncing on people and killing them.

She's on the rise I'd say. Leap is one of those heroics that is good situationally but people pick it in the wrong spot often and get wrecked.

Edit: wtf was that? Where was the gust?

Is prismat on falstad? Was he dc'd during that boss fight?

Milly, are you DDOSing prismat?

Rhaknar

just saw Cho'gall carry a horse on his shoulder.

is that his fucking mount? lol >_<

Ketch

watching mac's stream i just thought of something... does the new map end if nobody caps a payload?

Like if you're team was ahead you could just defend the enemy payload forever farming kills and just never end the game. Seems pretty toxic.

duppolo

i have 20000 gold...should i spend them befor 2.0? also, im lwevel 20. this means something for the change?

i know i should know this and it sure is write somewhere, but i cant find it and im returning to this from a while off...so...i should spend my gold? what about my levels? thanks

scoobs

Don't spend gold, don't level any heroes... use gold on rerolls of legendary and veteran loot boxes. Hero levels = loot boxes next patch so try to avoid leveling

Listening to the latest Into The Nexus and I'm finding it absolutely RICH that Garrett is asking Jeff what it's like as the "resident low league player" when Garrett has never made it out of gold league as far as I know. Kyle must have been biting his tongue with a zinger of epic proportions, I know I would have been. This is one of the many reasons I'd be an awful podcast host I guess.

i know i should know this and it sure is write somewhere, but i cant find it and im returning to this from a while off...so...i should spend my gold? what about my levels? thanks

Wait until 2.0 gold will still hold the same value then, so even if you don't get what you what out of chests you can still spend it on heroes.

duppolo

Ok thank you. So in the chest i could unlock even Heroes? So its better to open them and After choose the free bundle, right? Better to use Gold ti unlock more Heroes or to reroll? Ty

Top Bottom