• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

14,000 viewers for HGC, better than I figured. That second game ending nuts, wow

If they keep this schedule and level of production up over the course of the year their viewership will go way up

It'll be really interesting to see what the viewership is on day 1 of 2018 vs. what it is right now :)

HGC is killing it. Matches are Bo5, time between games is low, the game loads immediately after draft, and the production is great.

really good stuff so far.

scoobs

So how's the production been? Still long breaks between games or have they tightened it up?
Muuuuuuch improved. Very snappy. Game ends, a few minutes of commercials then back into the draft

Why did Misfits ban Leoric here? Do not understand that decision, seems like a waste? Is he really that scary for Diablo?

Maledict

Yeah, Dignitas drafts are just wrong here. Third game in a row with Malfurion first pick. He is not that strong, and they are giving up way too much on the assassin front for it. Letting Misfits get Ragnoars every game when they have a fantastic ragnaros player is dumb.

Alur

14k def pretty good for this time of day and the first day of the league. I know it's not "this time of day" in Europe but I've always kind of felt NA did better viewer wise and seems to have more of the viewers, so maybe that bodes well for NA's time later today.

brian!

Yeah, Dignitas drafts are just wrong here. Third game in a row with Malfurion first pick. He is not that strong, and they are giving up way too much on the assassin front for it. Letting Misfits get Ragnoars every game when they have a fantastic ragnaros player is dumb.

Yeah plus while kerrigan is great on this map smh at picking it into zera/diablo/rag. The rag pickups are kind of to be expected since dig really feels like they cant afford to give away tass, i sort of expect they feel the same about malf, they likely feel like they just cant afford to give it to them

They picked a standard stitches/medivh/malf comp, ive never seen it used on this map but i feel like their only real target is rehgar

Alur

I have no stats to back this up but I feel like every meaningful game I've seen this Stitches/Medivh comp used in the Stitches team lost.

Alur

Reminds me of a certain hockey team in the state of Tennessee. Not even joking.

EDIT: RIP Medivh's usefulness.

brian!

I have no stats to back this up but I feel like every meaningful game I've seen this Stitches/Medivh comp used in the Stitches team lost.

Ive seen na teams win with it but it's never a decisive win. Misfits played around it beatifully just now and punishers mean nothing when lul rag is in the mix

Alur

Why haven't they picked or banned this Rag yet? It pooped on em in the first game and this game it singlehandedly prevents them from getting value out of the objective.

EDIT: What a fucking stomp. I kind of feel like this is what Tempo Storm will do, too. I equate the way TS plays with the way Misfits plays as they both kind of rose the same way.

Maledict

Why haven't they picked or banned this Rag yet? It pooped on em in the first game and this game it singlehandedly prevents them from getting value out of the objective.

Dignitas are just losing the game at the draft screen here. Flat out.

There is absolutely no reason to be first picking Malf in these drafts, nor should they be letting Ragnaros through three times in a row.

Really annoying as it's hard to see how the new team works together given how amateur hour their drafts have been,

brian!

They feel like they have to ban tass, i didnt catch the second draft so i didnt see what they picked when they actually had first pick but if they fped malf in that situation it's likely because they fear misfits malf too, but drafting off of fear will always put you on the backfoot and at a disadvantage

What was athero's role w/r/t drafting? I know he was shotcalling, the shotcalling from dig atm feels very passive and revolving very heavily off of talent (dis)advantage, which is fine in hero league but not against a comp w/ sylv while you have a pick comp

Kioshen

Why don't we just fight irl breh?

Border Officer : Meaning of your travel. Business or pleasure?
Kio : I'm going to kick Milly's ass.
BO : Oh a quick and easy leisure trip I see. Have fun and tell him I said Hi!
Kio: Will do.

Milly ain't fighting no one IRL. He likes to jab, but he's not much for full on confrontation so I think you'll be fine Kio. Just jab him about how much worse at OW he is than you.

Bet Milly can't even bench the bar, you got nothing to worry about

LMAO

==============

In all seriousness, the production values for HGC are better than i thought they would be. They still have some things to get better at but they are off to a really good start this year.

Maledict

Kio ur great

Also, was thrall...considered at all in this series?

He was picked by dig in game 2, as a last pick, on Tomb. Probably was they had a fairly fragile front line and nothing to hugely combo with the earthquake so they didn't get much value from it. Their ranged dps was mage falstad and Li-Ming, which again felt weird and not right.

brian!

Li ming feels weird in this meta but falstad pretty decent if precarious, tho if you are giving up zera every game yeah dont pick falstad lol

In all seriousness, the production values for HGC are better than i thought they would be. They still have some things to get better at but they are off to a really good start this year.

This tournament draft mode is huge. It provides a draft screen that is consistent with what viewers see when they play the game themselves and it starts the match immediately after the conclusion of the draft so there isn't 5-10 minutes of wasted time.

My problem in the past (and I'm sure many others shared this sentiment) was that watching Heroes didn't give a positive return on the time investment because far too much time was spent outside of the game due to short matches. HOTS tourneys would just bleed viewers between matches and sets. HGC is cleaning that up and making it worth watching.

Also, BO3's just weren't very satisfying. So glad these matches are all BO5.

Alur

It's crazy, the in client drafting was so seamless I didn't even notice it til you mentioned it.

Also RIP that time thing. 30 minutes til the next match.

brian!

Let's not forget that the dig roster is new tho and that misfits were probably better than dig w/ their previous roster already

Maledict

Let's not forget that the dig roster is new tho and that misfits were probably better than dig w/ their previous roster already

Um, Dig were better than Misfits with their previous Roster. They won the last EU regional remember? by beating Misfits in the grand final?

Milly79

Border Officer : Meaning of your travel. Business or pleasure?
Kio : I'm going to kick Milly's ass.
BO : Oh a quick and easy leisure trip I see. Have fun and tell him I said Hi!
Kio: Will do.

LMAO

==============

Make America great again

brian!

Um, Dig were better than Misfits with their previous Roster. They won the last EU regional remember? by beating Misfits in the grand final?

While they won i did not find them the better team, same w/ murlocs vs. nvt in their respective regional

I think the reddit thread for the series is saying that misfits hold a 55% winrate against them, tho i havent checked the stats myself or anything

Maledict

Misfits won the last confrontation too. Bo5 as well. Nexus games in between regional and Blizzcon. They are the reigning champions.

True, but that was a weird match - Dig were hiding strats for Blizzcon whilst Misfits dived in 100%.

Certainly, if Dig draft like they did today there's no chance of them beating Misfits or Fnatic.

brian!

Pretty excited to see how gfe turns out w/ this roster, the fan pickup turned out badly but a lot of ppl are thinking equinox shotcalling could be the missing puzzle piece, tho i havent seen any evidence of him being particularly good at it

Na feels like a pretty unknown quantity to me atm, normally id favor nvt #1 but their showing in the qualifiers was poor (jury's out on whether they were taking it seriously though), gfe has had a good chunk of time to gestate, and who knows what ts took away from an intl tournament where they just got crushed repeatedly.

Maledict

Wait Artanis isn't banned? Why the hell were Dignitas drafting Malfurion and not picking him to go with him? Is he that bad at the pro level he gets through every draft?

brian!

I dont think he has as much effectiveness the closer you get to organized play but he's still strong as hell and i totally thought he wasnt getting picked because of the bug

For my money he's def not as valuable as say a diablo or dehaka, def not first pick worthy atm, it may just be hard to fit him into the draft. I wouldnt want to pick him against malf for example

brian!

Also ppl might not be willing to take the punishment if they fat finger w and do the artanis bug, i havent tried it myself but it sounded like something you could easily do accidentally

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have learned some reasonable effectiveness with Medivh even without a team that capitalizes on opportunities I make. So long as no idiot teammate(s) runs in behind me to bodyblock/prevent me from effectively playing ranges using rift and protect, I can do a lot on my own. Raven form is so great for being able to quickly switch lanes and help new situations after dealing with others.

brian!

He's just really good in this meta and even if he wasnt he's the best blind support and is very pickable early, i do think in a series that they should experiment w/ giving him up to the other team

brian!

In the games ive caught at least malf wasnt a primary contributor to the loss but yeah a good team would reevaluate their pick priority after these games

Celegus

Listened to misfits dig at work, looks like dig is back to their not so great form. Never know what you're gonna get with them. Gonna watch some NA tonight! This every weekend thing could be dangerous for my household...

Milly79

That's nice. When they were on it made for some pretty interesting episodes. Didn't see it on their patreon page as a goal though.

Think they said February they would say more about it. And they didn't say dread/dunk. They said previous guests that were fan favorites. Only makes sense.

Syf

Banned
Home and watching. They finally have an in-game tournament draft huh

w7IhSJN.gif

Top Bottom