• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

To me his passive is ridic and he's too tanky and his sustain is too high, these are all fixable things

Kill the lvl 13 stun talent though that shit is stupid as fuck, stuns are supposed to be something you use to stop a character like this

There are always overpowered heroes tho so it doesnt really bother me

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So far bloodlust proves to be absurdly long and frustrating. This last one I struggled with a team (that had a Tychus that abandoned) sooooo far into the game and we finally got bottom open and killed 3 of them which allowed me to grab dragon but then 3 of my team sits at our mid fort and one is bot by our fort while I'm running in circles from 5 enemies waiting for them to show up forward bot and they never do? Idiots apparently think dragon can kill the core 5v1. Then of course as I'm running back in for my life they choose to all stagger in so we stagger die and lose the core. This shit is why I play AI.

Alur

Never know what to expect with them. Surprised you've stanned so hard for em given that, but then again in regular games Zuna is typically enough to carry em through. It's the meaningful games where they've been shakey.

brian!

surprised that the stream only goes to 720p
not complaining, just seems random

wonder if the ping will be awful for east coasters
sweet they banned my least favorite maps

brian!

woo called the greymane
that draft was super fast lol
prefer tempo's comp here, but they have to be careful of the nvt zerg
tyrael is such a good pickup against their comp

kirblar

Yeah now that i think about it that one interview w/ a fnatic member on the hgc site was characterizing them as a korea copier a la nvt so im prob way off on this one

I predict at least 1 greymane pick today
Tyrael/Greymane getting busted out!

We back in 2016!

brian!

tbh i kinda feel like he can get picked up w/o tyrael protection too, tho of course he excels w/ protection
nvt running that hero league comp makes me a little worried

fucking beautiful collapse by nvt
cattle w/ the godlike bodyblock, very bad of nvt to go for a camp when diablo just backed

brian!

yeah coming back for zuna was very bad, thrall was still at mid lane
they have to get value off this turn in
omg big e missed so many kills in that fight

Does Valeera do well in the posturing before going ham? That's the most enjoyable part about watching Greymane. He's just on the edges of the fight. Throwing cocktails and getting off some Auto Attacks and then BAM you dead.

brian!

feels like they literally looked at mac's tierlist and were like hmm ok this guy is tier 1 let's pick that

valeera feels pretty weak on ptr (there is a tass in every game though so it's hard to tell), I'd say her main appeal is her cc

Alur

All I've seen is gushing about her from pros and podcasts, lol. I didn't have any issue with Tass when I played on PTR, honestly, but then again that is PTR.

brian!

true
also I havent played her, though even just on paper i cant see her doing much at all
tass is good against her because shes like zera, a squishy single target burst character, and that's what he's best against

im wondering about nvt zarya, ts instabanned it last game too
such a weird comp from nvt, this is the best map to not have waveclear but I've never seen anything like this before
and now tracer into varian from ts, tho more burst dmg into nvt's comp is pretty good

Alur

You don't see her doing much at all? Haven't you watched any of the streams with her? Her burst and lockdown is pretty insane. She's quite mobile compared to what you'd expect and her HP is the 3rd highest among melee assassins. It's pretty easy to get in and out with her, actually, in comparison to what one would expect.

Alur

Who have you seen pro wise that hasn't been big on her? I honestly haven't. Everyone I've seen have been impressed. Mac, Shot, a bunch of streamers, the podcasts. I haven't seen many other pros, but Shot said in scrims she was getting banned out after seeing her in action.

brian!

well i mean it's easy to think it out
like one comparison i see often is zeratul vs. valeera and how valeera cant hold a candle in terms of safety and doesnt bring anything like vp to the table. what valeera is good at is long duration ccs, but she's very bad at getting in on anyone paying attention, zeratul's dmg is free w/ wormhole.

pro wise it was cattle, srey was unsure on her, uhh i forget...kaeyoh but i dont know if he counts as a pro anymore
i mean obviously what they say isnt gospel
like i wanna reiterate that tass is in every game and he poops on valeera, i have 0 experience w/ her in a non-tass environment

fury playing out of his mind

Oh one more thing to mention about valeera, shes bugged on ptr where her actives (dunno what they are called) have like no cd vs. the 30 secs or 60 secs or whatever they are supposed to be, i dunno if any of the opinions from known ppl have been affected by this

Alur

When I watched Kaeyoh spamming her the other night he was gushing too. No clue on cattle or srey, not sure where you watched them or saw what they said.

And again I reiterate, 3rd most HP. She's quite a bit healthier than you're thinking and escaping is no harder than it is with blink.

EDIT: The real variation I saw among pros and streamers was who was using her trait to engage and who was using it as an escape. The CD is low enough that if you play smart you can do both, at least on our level. I'm pretty sure she's gonna be a pubstomper for regular players even if her winrate isn't out of line. Whether she's as good as they claimed on THH for pros is up in the air.

brian!

Like i said all i got is anecdotal evidence, maybe shes awesome, i dont feel like she is, not really anything substantial here to discuss

Yah agree on her sowing havoc in qm and stuff

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Huh, that's odd. Why are the Lunar Li Li and Lunar Chen skins not part of the lunar bundles next week.

It says that ming and sam will in the new bundle and illidan,jaina for the 2016 bundle... Hopefully they at least do a 50% single discount or something on them.
Weekly Sale Items for Jan 24 – 31, 2017

Li Li — Sale Price: $1.99 USD
Festival Li Li Skin — Sale Price: $4.99 USD
Raider Rexxar Skin — Sale Price: $4.99 USD
And there will be two more weeks of LNY celebration after that to include Chen and probably Jade Dragon Kharazim.

brian!

i can imagine the team meetings being like
"hey kenma you are kind of positioning too forward, let's work on this"
"i gotchu fam" *positions even further*

as if Kenma is that collected. It's prob more like

"Hey Kenma you gotta work on your positioning"
"Oh yeah I think we should hold a vote. Hey brother me or him? Best support NA suck it dread."

that's why I'm not writing a book

brian!

somewhere a single tear rolls down dread's cheek but he doesnt know why

it feels absolutely backwards that nvt held it together after getting 2-0'd while ts starting falling apart after one loss
alling in on uther/kerri combo is biting them in the ass so hard
60084c54bed04678a4a70f864ed227b0.png

Don't pick uther in 2017. Even Blizz basically said, it's fine for Uther to suck.

Naventic did the very same thing a year ago against C9 getting back from a 2-0 is what really put them on the map and sealed the deal on Mac.

brian!

he can be good but def dont pick him against rag and guldan, i see where ts was coming from tho w/ the sanc/dshield/kerri stuff

this is the circus na games i was hoping for, hgc gonna be good

brian!

yah sunday gonna be hype

also ~20k twitch viewers, very decent for hots, if they strive to build the storylines it'll only get better

that is such a scary team to play against for nvt, whoever is playing hammer is going to be shitting bricks

Alur

Man, Dread loves to shit on Kenma lol. Like I get it, but damn he's just so blatant with it. Dude is like Skip Bayless shitting on LeBron.

kirblar

yah sunday gonna be hype

also ~20k twitch viewers, very decent for hots, if they strive to build the storylines it'll only get better

that is such a scary team to play against for nvt, whoever is playing hammer is going to be shitting bricks
HOTS being in "Tier 2" of E-Sports was a very pleasant surprise on that ranking chart. (Also T2: Overwatch)

brian!

don't forget hammer, she's ridic on this map
i am really surprised they arent just jumping hammer, she's worth several cds, cauthon randomly picked strafe though

oh what am i saying, medic can cleanse and then zuna can w out of entomb

wish i could get fantasy points for tomster saving kenma there

Top Bottom