• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

I've finally come around on Cassia, she's alright. I don't think she'd work as a hero without Charged Strikes at level 1 though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
started messing around with Brightwing, seems fun, although the games havent been the best to experiment her.

First was a complete blowout, 10min braxxis win. Second game we have, a stiches, azmo, li li, bwing (me) and muted Abathur that turned into bot abathur at the start of the game, vs Stiches, Bwing, Kael, Valla (lol) and Chen. Just no chance at all. And a third game just now, Hanamura, good game, we are always ahead of the game but not the points, those are even, we are 2 - 2 in health, we get bot fort, all good our next shot is 2...

...except 2 of them decide to go for boss, for whatever reason since the boss is 1 point and we already had 2 on the next payload, 2 of them stay behind protecting the enemy car which we have been delaying forever, im split between what to do, I stay with boss since I was walking by when they decided to start the boss, we kill the boss but lose 1, meanwhile they killed our 2 defending the payload, they get OUR bot fort, hand in the payload, GG lol.

These games where you indentify the baffling bad play for no reason and youre left wondering "what was the thought process" are funny. But yeah, Bwing seems fun, and bribe from just passively healing is ridiculous :)

edit: oh and it's not Alur's 1000, but i'm pretty happy about this

cmaRDaD.png

Bad luck ranked matches today , not even chromie is helping me to pass trought silver III

Malthael is the bad guy from Reaper of Souls right? I cant believe hes not in tbh, if only for the look and cross promotion.

Eh, Malthael looks like Leoric in essence, maybe thats why Blizzard decided to make leoric instead of Malthael

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Polimorph is amazing.

Malthael looks nothing like Leoric. More importantly he plays/fights nothing like him.

If anything he is more like a darker version of Auriel/Tyrael. A hooded figure with no face.

yeah I wasnt sure if he meant plays like Leoric, because this looks nothing like the Skeleton King

latest

Dahbomb

Malthael looks nothing like Leoric. More importantly he plays/fights nothing like him.

If anything he is more like a darker version of Auriel/Tyrael. A hooded figure with no face.

They originally planned for Malthael to have Leoric's trait but then settled on adding Leoric to the game instead. Probably because they were making a push for Warriors at the time which were almost as lacking as supports.
ya the buff to that talent has made it the best choice in the tier, and a really powerful thing to have around when you're in a 1v1
and it synergizes with mystical spear too.

Rhaknar

oh Probius is in the free rotation again, guess ill get my 500g, I left him at 4 last time.

ElyrionX

I tried Illidan for the first time last night and he's super fun. I need to scrounge up some coins to buy him.

Also, I can understand why the game has such a lopsided representation of Warcraft heroes but going forward, they should focus on other universes more. I really want a D2 Sorc or Assassin.

I tried Illidan for the first time last night and he's super fun. I need to scrounge up some coins to buy him.

Also, I can understand why the game has such a lopsided representation of Warcraft heroes but going forward, they should focus on other universes more. I really want a D2 Sorc or Assassin.

DS2 Sorcerer
was killed
also Li Ming filled the last mage spot as Arcane, another mage would be redundant since we already got Jaina (ice) and Kaelthas (fire).

D2 Sorceress had a lightning skill tree though. So that's not represented unless you count Thrall being able to shoot chain lightning.
They could do the Diablo 1 rogue.

I forgot about lightning treee, who used it anyway?

Rizzi

D2 Sorceress had a lightning skill tree though. So that's not represented unless you count Thrall being able to shoot chain lightning.
They could do the Diablo 1 rogue.

Rhaknar

fuck me thats a lot of shit you put on the ground with Prob. You're also basically always spamming your abilities, which is super hectic but fun. Just had a nice Infernal Shrine game with him (seems like a good Prob map, those rift explosions are nice for the shrine minions), ended with like 100k siege and 76k hero dmg, I was actually surprised at the hero damage. Seems fun, and right up my alley.

Oh Genji is in the free rotation too, first time right?

ElyrionX

DS2 Sorcerer
was killed
also Li Ming filled the last mage spot as Arcane, another mage would be redundant since we already got Jaina (ice) and Kaelthas (fire).

Could be a multi element mage. Frozen Orb + Firewall + Nova.

Fancolors

Welp, just had a match with a silenced Guldan who communicated by spamming pings incessantly. After a while he decides to afk for a while, get kicked from the match, come back, try for a bit, afks again, then feeds the other team intentionally and afks again.

Maybe if they were too toxic for the chat they are too toxic for the game?

DS2 Sorcerer
was killed

It's about the skills, not the elements.

Hydra isn't represented.
Static Shock.
Frozen Orb.

Those are iconic skills not in this game.

Rhaknar

It's about the skills, not the elements.

Hydra isn't represented.
Static Shock.
Frozen Orb.

Those are iconic skills not in this game.

this isnt a Diablo game tho. I can list you literally hundreds of World of Warcraft spells that arent in the game.

this isnt a Diablo game tho. I can list you literally hundreds of World of Warcraft spells that arent in the game.
Don't even get me started about how disappointing Gul'dan is! I want a Demonologist in this game! Give me a Felhunter a la Rexxar that eats spells and buffs.

kirblar

Even in Death has the spot as long as all 5 guys stick together. (Given the cash, it's likely they will, just for the EXP.) Grats to them.

Also, Idream is now TSMIdream on twitter.

Diablo sorcerer/sorceress would def be multi element.

My best bet, as in the only thing that could make sense, would be idream to T8 and they got sponsored for the brawl and next season pending on whether they make Blizzcon.

And that's only if he remains in the scene and if Team 8 had cut someone from their team.

Rhaknar

Is that the activated talent that I always forgot to use when I played her a little bit because I'm bad at this game?

Maledict

So with B-Step now fully gone and GFE taking in K1Pro and KingCaffeine, is it me or is the NA region now looking even worse? You're going to have three teams at best that can take a game off each other, and then the rest of the league utterly incapable of competing. I mean, the likely B-Step replacement, Even in Death, couldn't beat the worse team from last season?

It doesn't feel like there's any teams challenging the top tier at all, which is what you need to get better. Instead we're just recycling the same players in different formations...

Dahbomb

It's really difficult to put in Diablo class characters without losing a ton of signature skills they had.

Demon Hunter Multi Shot Hunger Arrow build is like... one of 6 builds you can use in that game. I wouldn't even call Multishot the definitive DH skill.

You have Impale Ninja build, you have Chakram build, Loaded for Bear Cluster Arrow (that feels DAMN good to use), Sentry/Pet build which involved having minions/stationary tools to deal damage with.

Nowadays you have Grenadier DH builds.

As with these games, signature skill depends on what you make your build around. Hell when I played Amazon in D2, I didn't use those skills that they have in HotS.

Alavard

Had a QM last night up against a team with both Zeratul and Genji. The worst part about that was just convincing the team not to chase either of them - or worse, to split up and try and chase both as they went in different directions.

The good news is that the map was BoE, so when I could convince my team to actually attack the immortal, we usually took it. I'm definitely still a little salty about the Rexxar who walked out of a team fight to try to take an enemy's nearby merc camp though.

kirblar

Overwatch is about to announce a new animal hero and possibly a moon stage. Hence, no HOTS announcement-they're probably saving it for the Anniversary event on Friday.

So with B-Step now fully gone and GFE taking in K1Pro and KingCaffeine, is it me or is the NA region now looking even worse? You're going to have three teams at best that can take a game off each other, and then the rest of the league utterly incapable of competing. I mean, the likely B-Step replacement, Even in Death, couldn't beat the worse team from last season?

It doesn't feel like there's any teams challenging the top tier at all, which is what you need to get better. Instead we're just recycling the same players in different formations...

time for a gaf team.

Rhaknar

Do they usually announce many heroes at the Blizzcon HotS panel? I know Blizzcon isnt util October or something, I was just wondering.

Thirst is very real.

Top Bottom