• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Third loss, looks like I need to get 300 stack and higher to see the 1000 dmg points. And Lunara have an insane waveclear if you leave her alone

Dahbomb

I would much rather have a hero with a great all around toolkit, great trait and base stats rather than a character with a godlike ultimate but mediocre toolkit and non existent trait.

Dehaka is a top hero despite a mediocre heroic and that heroic still wins games. On 3 lane maps I always want him on my team. That's something no other tank can provide.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Upcoming Hero Sales
Raynor — Sale Price: 150 Gems
Malfurion — Sale Price: 150 Gems

The following Skins and Mounts will enter the Featured Item Rotation, and will be unlockable using Gems until next week's Collection Update:

Upcoming Featured Skins
Brass Special Ordnance Raynor
Shadow Sgt. Doomhammer
Bone Herald of N'Zoth Alarak
NeonCyb'arak Anub'arak

Upcoming Featured Mounts
Saddled Horse
Magic Carpet

Raynor and Malf...

giphy.gif

Matchmaking fucks me every single time I try Illidan. I'm 1 and 7, and I'm not THAT bad. Plus it's weekend and every one of my games has been terrible. 5-stacks and everything. Well and truly salted rn

scoobs

Upcoming Hero Sales
Raynor — Sale Price: 150 Gems
Malfurion — Sale Price: 150 Gems

The following Skins and Mounts will enter the Featured Item Rotation, and will be unlockable using Gems until next week's Collection Update:

Upcoming Featured Skins
Brass Special Ordnance Raynor
Shadow Sgt. Doomhammer
Bone Herald of N'Zoth Alarak
NeonCyb'arak Anub'arak

Upcoming Featured Mounts
Saddled Horse
Magic Carpet

Raynor and Malf...

giphy.gif

Wow, they really don't want people to buy anything at all with real money do they? Horrible deals.

Prelude.

I played ranked for the first time and the douche-o-meter suddenly went off the charts
Playing ranked for the first time on a weekend, at the start of summer break, doesn't seem like a great idea.

Btw, tell us where you get placed compared to your hotslogs mmr. I'd like to see that.

Can't really compare them 1:1 like that. Dehaka is constantly on the front lines, so landing a silence is considerably much less risk to him than a malfurian who can die instantly. And dehaka's vision reduction also basically zones the player out as well from AA. Anubarak's cocoon is easy to counter with damage as well.

Some of these are not very comparable, like diablo's. It has wind up, easy to dodge, and only stuns for 1 second. It's strong, but it's not a 3 second silence, that also damages, slows, and reducing vision for 6 seconds. Zoning a healer out for 6 seconds is basically as good as killing them in a team fight.
Alright, I'll take it and zip the healer next time. We will see how it goes.

I still think it shouldn't have a windup.

Dunno what the point of Masters or Grandmasters in TL is. we can barely get a match during prime time playing hours and we are diamond. If only 3 of us queue, it gives us silvers to compensate.

It's so hard to climb. It was 7:30 pm eastern and we had a 1800 sec queue one match, and went past 2400 the next time so we just quit for the day.

scoobs

Just did 110,000 hero damage as Genji.. thats the most ass kicking ive done in awhile, god he's OP

Started my placement matches. First thing I noticed after 3 games is that Genji, Uther, Malthael are far and away the top heroes right now. Your team gets any one of them and you have a massive advantage.

I've been looking at heroes winrates by maps for a few weeks now, usually when looking for what hero to play in draft. I also sometimes check out ten ton hammer's tier list which currently has tracer at B tier. But hotslog's winrate for tracer in team league the last 7 days has her at number 8, at 53% across all leagues (winrate rose when narrowed to top 3 leagues by ~4%). 54% (11th spot though) in hero league for top 3 leagues.

Strikes me pretty odd that tracer has a good winrate except on ten ton it's basically one step above the worst tier. And cho'gall is in the trash tier and has the highest winrate in team league.

Personally I've been doing amazing with tracer in ranked.

Milly79

I have no idea who ten ton is, and not sure why you're not looking at pro tier lists if you're into that.

Tracer having a high winrate in team league isn't shocking when most of the time they're building for her.

brian!

Tracer b tier sounds right

A tracer team usually just means tassadar or against a team w/ a decent amount of aoe. Shes good against popular picks like dehaka and can oneshot most squishies after 10

This comp has counters but it's not surprising that ppl dont draft that way in tl + the mm is notoriously awful in team league

brian!

I attribute malthael's high wr to ppl not knowing what's going on and giving him too much respect and just being bad in general (a lot of ppl cc him right after he uses q for example).

Also q build is prtty legit on him

The main play he can do is dodging a big move with his tele but otherwise he has no utility outside of bodyblocking, he dies instantly unless he can get off his incredibly easy to avoid passive, and he dies to focus fire even with his ult on.

Disclaimer ive only played with/againt him, dont own him, but the more i think about it the more i believe that his success is deeply rooted in ppl committing to fights with him where he can outsustain them (usually like a 2v3 or something like that) or not committing to a fight where they can kill him, at least that's how it is in my games. I was trying to think about team comps with him but he doesnt seem like he does enough to warrant a protect malthael comp (over say a protect valla or protect sonya comp), he really should mainly be picked against fat lowish dmg comps

I ran from QM after last night's debacle and tried some unranked draft games and wouldn't you know it, they didn't make me want to kill myself. I think I'm gonna do this going forward when I'm solo queuing.

scoobs

I think you have to throw Tassadar in there w/ Uther, Genji, Malthael. I feel like he makes the game completely unfair

I won all 3 unranked games and got MVP in all of them. 2 as Diablo, 1 as Uther. goodbye forever QM. Uther IS crazy good, gonna get him that Judgment set probably.

scoobs

DVa seeing tons if play in EU and some waveclear Leoric, shouldn't be too long until it's the meta build overall not just competitive.

whats the build? W build so strong, i can't imagine wanting wave clear over drain hope buffs in any situation where you want to pick Leoric (against double warrior comps/azmodan)

It has the full W talents you just take Royal Focus and Lingering Apparition on 4 and 7 over defensive talents.

Until they incorporate some of the W talents into a single quest talent or straight baseline Leoric will not have a ton of talent diversity.

scoobs

It has the full W talents you just take Royal Focus and Lingering Apparition on 4 and 7 over defensive talents.

Until they incorporate some of the W talents into a single quest talent or straight baseline Leoric will not have a ton of talent diversity.
He's one of the heroes they're reworking the talent trees for so we will see I guess

Top Bottom