• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Dahbomb

Would anyone care if they deleted Xul and replaced him with the female necromancer?
Nope and while they are doing that give us female Monk too.

diablo-3-female-monk.jpg.optimal.jpg

Alur

I think Xul's model/base skin is one of the best in the game (and the master is one of the few where more spikes/etc isn't dumb), so yeah. I'd be happy to have male and female of all of the dibblez heroes, though.

Dahbomb

wtf stitches isn't a diablo hero
I never knew that

-Brian 2017
Stitches is supposed to be the Abomination unit from Warcraft 3 but his playstyle of hooking people is actually from the Butcher in Diablo. I don't think Abomination hooked people, that was the DOTA mod that made him do that.

Even though I knew of both characters I often got them confused in the game.

Stitches is supposed to be the Abomination unit from Warcraft 3 but his playstyle of hooking people is actually from the Butcher in Diablo. I don't think Abomination hooked people, that was the DOTA mod that made him do that.

Even though I knew of both characters I often got them confused in the game.
Abominations never hooked. It's just a DotA thing. Butcher never hooked in Diablo 1. He just ran fast and hacked you apart.

kirblar

They definitely seem to be holding off on the D3 alt-skins, probably to figure out "do we do them as legendaries or do we do new characters when the Diablo well runs dry?"

Dahbomb

They can definitely make alternate class characters with Diablo as their own heroes. Most of the classes have a ton of moves not represented in HotS.

Like Demon Hunter has Cluster Arrows/Bombs, Impale, Sentries, Pet companions, Bola Shots, Spike mines, Vengeance etc. Making Strafe an ultimate felt super weird as its basically just the DH version of Whirlwhind. You can easily make a male Demon Hunter with those skills, have Cluster Bombs and Vengeance be heroics.

Abominations never hooked. It's just a DotA thing. Butcher never hooked in Diablo 1. He just ran fast and hacked you apart.

They do in the Battle of Andorhol in the Western Plaguelands in WoW, which I believe was updated last back during Cataclysm. May have started as a purely DotA thing but it's a mechanic present in WoW for some Abomination NPC's.

It's also something you encounter in the Death Knight starting scenario when the Death Knights rebel and take Acherus, in the fight right before Patchwerk there's a trash mob of Abominations that can spam hook you. Kind of annoying actually.

Alur

So are we guaranteed a summer item in each chest like OW or how does it work? I managed to get a sharkbitten surfboard, a Tracer tint, and a Tychus tint out of ~20 boxes. The surfboards seem fun, but not sure they'll replace my happy and angry cloud faces.

wait GFE Tempo is this weekend? Phase 2 Stage 1 is basically already over in week 2

In a way, yeah, you are right. It's definitely a bit diminished moving forward. I still prefer the storylines (because of all that TNT KNOWS DRAMA we have in NA) here versus EU on a week to week basis.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
isnt it cheaper to just buy the bundle? or are they the normal boxes you had saved up? If so I guess there arent thematic boxes like people thought?

Alavard

isnt it cheaper to just buy the bundle? or are they the normal boxes you had saved up? If so I guess there arent thematic boxes like people thought?

The bundle only includes one specific tint of each item. Seems to be the standard now.

There are summer boxes but they only give you a chance if getting a summer item. Not guaranteed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The bundle only includes one specific tint of each item. Seems to be the standard now.

There are summer boxes but they only give you a chance if getting a summer item. Not guaranteed.

oh that blows

Alur

Yeah, so far as I can tell the summer boxes are the only way to get the stuff besides the flimsy bundle. Basically like OW, except with rerolls.

Alavard

Yeah, so far as I can tell the summer boxes are the only way to get the stuff besides the flimsy bundle. Basically like OW, except with rerolls.

You can also craft them with shards but they're very pricey. 150 for portraits and sprays and 2400 for the legendaries.

Alur

Yeah that too. Rough lyfe if you want every tint. The surfboard will now officially become the first mount this game has had even all the way back to Alpha that I don't have. Just no way to get all those tints, and really no need to either.

Rhaknar

Replaying D3 story with the Necro and actually watching the cutscenes, Tyrael fights a big ass angel midway (when its showing why he fell), surprised people dont ask for him in HotS.

Or do they?

Dahbomb

Replaying D3 story with the Necro and actually watching the cutscenes, Tyrael fights a big ass angel midway (when its showing why he fell), surprised people dont ask for him in HotS.

Or do they?
Is that Imperius? I think I have seen him on some wishlists.

Rhaknar

Is that Imperius? I think I have seen him on some wishlists.

oh is that who Imperius is? I actually didnt hear his name in the cutscene lol. Well then yes, I have seen him requested a lot.

He does look badass actually, and he's quite different from Tyrael looks wise. He's huge, the wings and armor are totally different, has a spear apparently... he could be a tank, like a proper tank I guess, not like Tyrael.

oh is that who Imperius is? I actually didnt hear his name in the cutscene lol. Well then yes, I have seen him requested a lot.

He does look badass actually, and he's quite different from Tyrael looks wise. He's huge, the wings and armor are totally different, has a spear apparently... he could be a tank, like a proper tank I guess, not like Tyrael.

I think imperius moveset would be like tyrael but with teleports and mid range attacks.

Outside the cinematics he does nothing

Kioshen

That cinematic is cool but this early one has a better look at Imperius. I agree that he'd be a tank warrior instead of a support warrior.

Alavard

I'm expecting a balance patch today. Malthael's winrate is definitely way higher than they want it, with him being not only #1 in winrate, but a whole 5.1% higher than the #2. That #2 is of course, Uther, and I expect nerfs coming his way too.

Plus, they recently said they have changes planned for Hanamura.

Prelude.

The event is not live in EU yet, what the hell are they doing?

Edit: It is live, actually. There's no mention of it anywhere other than the loot chests.

Top Bottom