• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Milly79

I think they should make his movement abilities travel the entire map

Just like I think chromie's skill shots should travel the entire map as well

Maledict

I think it's slightly unfair to keep talking about Valera and nova versus genji. You're dragging in comments from Reddit, where you can literally find someone saying *anything*, and then applying them to us.

Genji is not like nova or Valera, and this stupid idea that you can counterdraft him is absolute rubbish. Pro players are still first picking him, after numerous weeks of play - so either a few folks here should be playing on pro teams, or the idea that people are dumb and not drafting properly is utter nonsense.

Ketch

the comparison is that they are all heroes who receive inoordinate community disgust compared to what their hero kits allow them to do objectively.

But Genji does not receive inoordinate community disgust compared to what his kit allows him to do objectively. It's subjective at best. Completely appropriate levels of disgust according to the vast majority of high level and pro players.

brian!

i havent really seen the vitriol for him come through in pros but im not really looking either so it could be there

im talking about stuff like e not being able to go through walls, the "fact that he has two mobility moves", him being faceroll and easy to play, the entire mewn thing, etc.

genji gets let through pretty constantly in pro games, the kind of vitriol im talking about involves him being banned every game because it'd be unspeakable to even consider letting him through because he is hands down the best in every situation and you cant go wrong picking him

Ketch

i havent really seen the vitriol for him come through in pros but im not really looking either so it could be there

im talking about stuff like e not being able to go through walls, the "fact that he has two mobility moves", him being faceroll and easy to play, the entire mewn thing, etc.

genji gets let through pretty constantly in pro games, the kind of vitriol im talking about involves him being banned every game because it'd be unspeakable to even consider letting him through because he is hands down the best in every situation and you cant go wrong picking him

Well... I really dont think it's hyperbole to say that he's easy to play, that you should ban him if you can, and that you should pick him if he's up (as long as you're not supposed to pick tank/heal that is).

If you want to win in HL/unranked then you should be pick/banning genji. He is that good.

brian!

Well... I really dont think it's hyperbole to say that he's easy to play, that you should ban him if you can, and that you should pick him if he's up (as long as you're not supposed to pick tank/heal that is).

If you want to win in HL/unranked then you should be pick/banning genji. He is that good.

yeah i dont disagree with any of those statements, what ive been disagreeing with the whole time is the notion that he has to be broken down and built back up because he is fundamentally designed incorrectly. that is pretty much the main style of conversation i see when ppl talk about him, on reddit or here, that he is broken and that he breaks the game and that he needs several aspects of his kit reworked. that's the hyperbole

he needs some nerfs, that's it

well i guess id disagree with picking genji if you want to win hl since his winrate's low (well it's not exactly low, but it's not something impressive like malthael for example), but id pick/ban him every time personally

Ketch

yeah i dont disagree with any of those statements, what ive been disagreeing with the whole time is the notion that he has to be broken down and built back up because he is fundamentally designed incorrectly. that is pretty much the main style of conversation i see when ppl talk about him, on reddit or here, that he is broken and that he breaks the game and that he needs several aspects of his kit reworked. that's the hyperbole

What i've seen people saying is that they should: nerf his hp, mana costs/cooldowns, lvl 7 dodge and infinite dragon blade. And maybe dragon blade damage in general.

There's other more extreme suggestions, like E shouldn't go through terrain... or cyber agility being conditional. which I think they could do those things, but if they do that then they should leave everything else the same.

Dahbomb

This game isn't even that badly balanced, people go way too ham on it. You have a couple of heroes that are really good, some that are very good and then the rest are just around where they should be minus like 5 terrible heroes.

Like to me anything outside of Raynor, Chogall, Nova, Gazlowe and Murky all the characters are very pickable in drafts. Maybe Valeera and and Kerrigan are iffy too.

brian!

yeah i legit think the game is in a pretty decent state balance-wise

What i've seen people saying is that they should: nerf his hp, mana costs/cooldowns, lvl 7 dodge and infinite dragon blade. And maybe dragon blade damage in general.

There's other more extreme suggestions, like E shouldn't go through terrain... or cyber agility being conditional. which I think they could do those things, but if they do that then they should leave everything else the same.

yeah i have no issue w/ ppl trying to figure out ways to nerf him, it's just a lot of ppl take it a step further and trend towards that mewn clip that was posted, and with shit like that ppl start thinking it's fact
i want to see what an e range nerf does to him first of all i think, that shit is ludicrously long

i keep seeing the mana thing brought up but i feel like it is a weird hill to die on since, afaik, mana issues are the exception in this game, not the rule. like mana, since the outset, has basically been non-existant in this game barring certain standouts. you notice it super hard if you are coming from another moba, this game wants you to spam spells with impunity

def needs a cd nerf on his ult though, teams deserve to be rewarded harder for stopping his ult

Dahbomb

So back to discussion about hero classes in the game. I think I have it.

Tank - Anubarak, ETC, Muradin, Diablo, Johanna, Stitches
Bruiser - Tyrael, Artanis, Sonya, Leoric, Ragnaros, Thrall

Assassin (high burst, less AOE)- Zeratul, Nova, Butcher, Samura, Illidan, Valeera, Alarak, Samuro, Kerrigan, Genji
Mage (AOE ability) - Kaelthas, Jaina, Li Ming, Chromie, Guldan
Sustained/Physical Damage (low AOE, sustained damage, mostly non ability) - Valla, Zuljin, Raynor, Tychus, Lunara, Tracer, Sgt Hammer, Greymane.

Healer - Karazim, Uther, Lili, Auriel, Rahgar, Malfurion
Support - Zarya, Tyrande, Medivh, Tassadar, Abathur (sort of)

Pushers - Sylvanas, Azmodan, Murky, TLV, Probius, Zagara

Multiclass - Abathur (I think he's like Support + Pusher), Varian (Tank + Bruiser), Falstad (I think he's Mage + Sustained depending on talents), Monk (Healer + Support), Xul (Pusher + Bruiser)

Surprisingly Genji was the hardest to fit in here. He doesn't quite have the burst of those other Assassins but he definitely is the type of hero who likes to focus the squishies and kill hem fast by flanking or diving.

Alur

I'm late for the obligatory Genji discussion GIF post but here goes

IKrE79Z.gif

Alur

re: the gif, that monkey plays kind of like Genji does too when you think about it

Will this new hero be on PTR next week? I forget where we are in the timeline. Would this be a 3 week or a 4 week release?

Genji would be fine in another game. Like if they went through and increased everyone's power levels, it might even be a more fun game than it is now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
looks pretty convincing to me Nirolak.

they said it's a well known hero

they show the portal to outland

kiljaeden is like one of the most well known characters from outland

i honestly dont think it's maiev. She's like a B tier character in terms of lore involvement i think.

Maiev was one of those character who was way more popular than Blizzard seemed to expect her to be and now they're pushing way more.

Kil'Jaeden is probably way less popular than her if we're looking at it from that perspective.

Skab

Maiev really doesnt make any sense. Why would you tease her with the portal? She has minimal connection to it.

Also I fully expect something to change with the portal in the lead up to the reveal, the same way the candles went out for Malth.

My money is on Grom or Kil'jaden.

Hell, I joked about it earlier, but I could totally see the portal changing from green to red then alternate draenor Grom walking through.

Alur

I found some stitches gameplay

We should make this a thing. Real life GIFs used to demonstrate HOTS gameplay and events.

This is one of the post game screen after you win and someone thinks they carried:

awOZ6mW.gif

When you get caught in VP but no one on the other team knows what to do with it:

sOsxGYW.gif

Opened up on by Valeera but then you remember you're not a squishy:

forVl11.gif

We should make this a thing. Real life GIFs used to demonstrate HOTS gameplay and events.

This is one of the post game screen after you win and someone thinks they carried:

awOZ6mW.gif

When you get caught in VP but no one on the other team knows what to do with it:

sOsxGYW.gif

Opened up on by Valeera but then you remember you're not a squishy:

forVl11.gif

I feel like it only works if it's a monkey and a dog.

If Illidan wasnt in the game this would absolutely be an illidan teaser.

Also are we sure the person silhouette is actually anything? The gif they posted doesnt seem to have it

Thoughts on potential suspects based off two main clues Popularity and the BC portal

1. Garrosh (first met in BC)
2. Kil'Jaeden (first appeared in outland in WC3)
3. Akama (not super popular but a big part of BC and outland lore)
4. Fel Reaver (very well known from a WoW standpoint)
5. Terrokk (Not the biggest BC character but has a lot of HOTS fame)
6. Alleria (famously trapped on the other side of the portal)
7. Turaylon (see above)
8. Khadgar (has quite the history with that portal)

People who I dont think it will be

1. Maiev - while she did have a role in BC, I feel like this would be a rather obtuse way of teasing her specifically. I think if you wanted to tease her do a cage
2. Archimonde - while popular, never actually used the dark portal :D
3. Magtheridon - A big BC demon but prolly not popular enough (besides the first pit lord has gotta be Mannoroth)
4. Baron Sablemane - Somewhat obscure and while he could be cool doesnt fit popular at all
5. Yrel - This seems to be very much the BC portal, which is different slightly in design from the Draenor portal
6. Dreadlords or any other demon - not a ton a specifc ties to the portal itself
7. An ogre - :(

Phew not bottom of the page

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I guess monkeys and dogs are a thing?

its shit like this that makes me feel real old :(

scoobs

So back to discussion about hero classes in the game. I think I have it.

Tank - Anubarak, ETC, Muradin, Diablo, Johanna, Stitches
Bruiser - Tyrael, Artanis, Sonya, Leoric, Ragnaros, Thrall

Assassin (high burst, less AOE)- Zeratul, Nova, Butcher, Samura, Illidan, Valeera, Alarak, Samuro, Kerrigan, Genji
Mage (AOE ability) - Kaelthas, Jaina, Li Ming, Chromie, Guldan
Sustained/Physical Damage (low AOE, sustained damage, mostly non ability) - Valla, Zuljin, Raynor, Tychus, Lunara, Tracer, Sgt Hammer, Greymane.

Healer - Karazim, Uther, Lili, Auriel, Rahgar, Malfurion
Support - Zarya, Tyrande, Medivh, Tassadar, Abathur (sort of)

Pushers - Sylvanas, Azmodan, Murky, TLV, Probius, Zagara

Multiclass - Abathur (I think he's like Support + Pusher), Varian (Tank + Bruiser), Falstad (I think he's Mage + Sustained depending on talents), Monk (Healer + Support), Xul (Pusher + Bruiser)

Surprisingly Genji was the hardest to fit in here. He doesn't quite have the burst of those other Assassins but he definitely is the type of hero who likes to focus the squishies and kill hem fast by flanking or diving.

Greymane is burst for sure, and that's why a single label for each hero its tricky.

Fuck Genji. You aren't safe from him even if you're backing behind your own keep and towers. That is silly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They are now old man. Now go back to WoW and kill 15 turkeys.

you seem super offended I'm playing wow but you forget that its the same friends list, and I NEVER see you play hots either... so whats up with that homey?

Alur

Damn, Rhaknar spitting flames.

Also, I thought I was the one in thread who would question Rhaknar and potential burnout and get his hackles raised/a snarky defensive response. That's my job Altairre, you're taking my livelihood man. =/

Top Bottom