• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

there's probably a bunch of more graceful options vs. swapping, but im used to swapping solving everything and working

snitch is their tracer player isnt he?

bakery bw ulting to stop chen slow midair and then chen getting cleansed to not get pushed back, shit is sick

Ketch

So weird to see Snitch play hard carry. I always thought he was an amazing flex player but I wouldn't be surprised if this teamshift if they stick to it results in him being replaced if it doesn't work out. He's always been in the weakest position on the team.

Sounds like a magnet for toxicity.

Everything is a magnet for toxicity. No worse then "pick auriel and I'll swap you" .... "psych!"

brian!

personally i dont think blind pick or swaps would increase toxicity meaningfully but i guess id be down w/ any decision that privileges toxicity as a consideration

like a lot of players call for voice chat in hero league and that sounds awful to me

as a team dig has been very good w/ roles, zaelia/jpl combo on front line, flex snitch/mene, it just feels pretty ideal to have this kind of pool w/ the amount of synergy

brian!

i was really hoping theyd pick sonya, she doesnt get picked nearly enough and she's ridiculous with brightwing

guldan pick feels weird to me but i kind of get it as another option during stiches hook

brian!

love expert's comp
jesus i thought the way to counter vikings was to kill them in lane but the real counter is to not give a fuck

brian!

expert need to take advantage of dbl global at 10, fighting that comp with the comp they have will be rough

dang nt expert, that draft was just too much in favor of liquid and this map, they still played really well though
mosh was an incredibly silly pick, but i can see how they might have felt like stage dive was redundant with the comp they had
the etc pick in general was suspect

kirblar

Chen QoL buff inc: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20757577373?page=6#post-116

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in with an update here!

As I mentioned before, while we aren't really looking to buff Chen, we feel like the Brew-related concerns you've brought up are valid. We agree that it feels bad to have your Trait interrupted when you're low on Brew, almost like a 5-second silence. With that in mind, I'm excited to share that we're going to modify Chen's Trait.

In an upcoming patch, Fortifying Brew will change to grant 25 Brew immediately when Chen starts drinking, and then 30 Brew per second after that (down from 40). It will still take 2.5 seconds to reach max Brew just like before, but with a big chunk of that front-loaded it should be a lot less frustrating when you get interrupted early.

This change is feeling really good in our playtests, and I think it'll be a big quality of life boost for the Brewmaster!

Also, while we're not looking to make large-scale talent updates at this time, we really appreciate all the feedback that's been shared in this thread and will keep it in mind for potential future changes. Thanks again! =)

brian!

that's a pretty nice buff
another example of a change made straight up to make players feel better with no real thought towards balance imo, I've never had issues with brew cancelling or feeling bad that i gott cc'd right when i started channeling, like all those things seemed pretty fair to me
it means you can insta d->w for a slow which is cool

Dahbomb

Wouldn't it be more optimum to do, Brew, move Brew?

This is a big buff to Chen and more specifically a buff to skilled Chen play.

brian!

oh i assumed there was a cooldown in between brews?
would be cool if he were rebalanced so he could brewstep

like if im reading correctly it just means when hes getting his drink on the first 25 is instant

dread reading super hard into nothing w/r/t solo stitches and solo dehaka, wut a surprise
im glad sonya is showing up more even though it's over a month late

Ketch

oh i assumed there was a cooldown in between brews?
would be cool if he were rebalanced so he could brewstep

like if im reading correctly it just means when hes getting his drink on the first 25 is instant

dread reading super hard into nothing w/r/t solo stitches and solo dehaka, wut a surprise

Yea I mm pretty sure you're reading it right. But it means you don't have to stop and drink you can continue to chase instead of stopping to drink.

It also changes the priority of his lvl 4 talents too maybe.

brian!

yeah all the quests there are pretty decent
kinda enjoy nt trying to win solo q xul style, but i feel like they are learning that dehaka is still a much better waveclearer than xul lol
malth probably too ass now to pick in competitive i think, tho he is playing against a bunch of counters this game to be fair

something to consider w/ the lvl 4 insta q thing is that it puts your d on cd, but yeah it might be worth it for sure to pick another talent now

something to consider w/ the lvl 4 insta q thing is that it puts your d on cd, but yeah it might be worth it for sure to pick another talent now
isn't the burning rage variant also there?

D Q isn't something you'll want to constantly be doing but it enables a last ditch effort to secure a kill or interrupt a channel.

brian!

yeah i was just thinking id prob only insta dq to escape, i do it now with the talent for dmg/positioning but I still usually want to wait a bit so i can followup with w e. if i can just dw for an escape id prob try to see if i can make that work before i switch talents since i like the dmg on q so much

kirblar

Equinox is feeding on Greymane here. (he's going after the backliners when no one from his team is with him and Stitches is repeatedly a much better target)

yeah i was just thinking id prob only insta dq to escape, i do it now with the talent for dmg/positioning but I still usually want to wait a bit so i can followup with w e. if i can just dw for an escape id prob try to see if i can make that work before i switch talents since i like the dmg on q so much
For solo queue definitely a fringe case but in competitive you also body block afterwards and can depend on your team to follow up.

Alur

RIP Dig's international event run. Was impressive, but inevitable that it'd end at some point with all the changes they continually make to so many aspects of the team.

So I got an email saying I won 5 suns out chests, but in game i have nothing?

jebaited

brian!

For solo queue definitely a fringe case but in competitive you also body block afterwards and can depend on your team to follow up.

right, which is why the lvl4 q talent is usually default if they dont need the extra waveclear in the solo lane, it lets him q and still have his d up
also you prob dont mean it this way but you can def count on your team to follow up in solo q imo as long as the q was good

Equinox is feeding on Greymane here. (he's going after the backliners when no one from his team is with him and Stitches is repeatedly a much better target)

their comp was so dependent on greymane being up, equinox def shit the bed that game

i didnt catch the draft but im having a pretty hard time reconciling this nt comp
like i guess that it's a burst comp for resets, but r20 has to mess up hard to fall victim to the diablo/tyrande engage and multiple shrine spawns kinda means they have to force hard,and on top of that the # of viable targets is low

Alur

sooooo freedom has to 3-0 tempo right?

Okavo3P.gif

sadly

I really like how Tyrande has an innate quest tied to one of her abilities. I wish more characters had them - hell, give every ability an innate quest. I'm generally not a fan of them as talents.

right, which is why the lvl4 q talent is usually default if they dont need the extra waveclear in the solo lane, it lets him q and still have his d up
also you prob dont mean it this way but you can def count on your team to follow up in solo q imo as long as the q was good
You definitely can't deep your team will react in time to you jumping in with trait being down into potentially dangerous situations. It's a recipe for disaster.

brian!

Im still generally against quests (tho id be fine if it was an "everyone has their own quest they can do baseline" type of deal), but i feel like the endorphin rush i get when the quest sound ticks trumps everything in the end

You definitely can't deep your team will react in time to you jumping in with trait being down into potentially dangerous situations. It's a recipe for disaster.

Yeah for sure, you have to read what ur team is thinking first

Dahbomb

Quests is a cool way to have actual carry heroes in the game.

Like when you complete that Guldan E quest or Alarak Q quest (final tier), you feel like a god with that power boost.

It's giving up early game power spike for a bigger power spike later on and it's still related to you manually getting it versus automatically getting it via level ups.

scoobs

Is there anything better than the quest noise going off on Tychus' In The Rhythm? Nope. I refuse to pick other talents in the tier for that very reason (also it's the best but still)

Quests are HOTS answer to items. It's a way to improve your hero over the course of the game and work towards a big power spike, wonderful addition. All heroes need some quests added to their talent trees

I like quests I just hope theybsobt overdo it. Genji has like 2 quests while 1 is close to a regular talent. That's a fine baseline for heroes.
When heroes have quests one every tier it feels a bit overkill.

Valeera yay or nay? I sometimes saw her on a spree , sometimes I didnt saw her at all

Valeera is fun for me. Reminds me quite a bit of playing rogue in WOW. Definitely a fun character with a couple ways to build talents. Definitely a flexible character having the 3 openers. A 2.5 second silence from level 1 is also pretty unique.

scoobs

I hope Blizzard is sincere with their claims that they want to fix stealth heroes. I'd love to hear what ideas they have to make them more relevant and less annoying to play with/against. Removing what makes them toxic (instant blow up, no team fight potential outside of void prison, no lane presence) while keeping making them all viable is going to be very difficult

Stealthies don't need fixing and Zeratul has decent waveclear too.
At most they should look at unrevealable as Samuro and Valeera can nearly always escape due to being truly invisible.

I'm constantly amazed how easy hikes are with Valeera. Once you get smokebomb you're almost impossible to be punished.

Top Bottom