• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Prelude.

I got the sick ninja skin for LiLi earlier and yeah, she could use a rework. I get it that she's babby first moba player hero, but her heal is pretty frustrating. Blizzard just reworked Mercy, they should do something similar to her as well.

MFPallytime ��‏ @MFPallytime 13m13 minutes ago
More
... My A - Z videos are being hit with de-monetization now.

He also posted this video earlier
Good thing he's on Twitch too, now. People can pretty generous there, just look at Mewn's donations.

her heal is totally fine if she didn't count as a healer in QM. How am I supposed to keep up with a medic, heck I can't even compete with an Iron Fist Kharazim.
Put me against Tyrande and Tassadar that's much closer to my role anyway in these games.

but it's fine to have a flimsy heal like that on a character whose primary role isn't to heal.

Tyrande's heals are pretty throwaway until later stages of the game too as it should be for a pseudo assassin.

Prelude.

But they're still targeted, even a shitty heal can be useful at the right moment if it's not based on range.
Li Li is a proper healer anyway, you can go full heal or full damage, and her ults reflect that.

just because you can build her for heals doesn't mean she's good at it. She's not really played as a healer in regular play or in competitive.

Leaving aside that she sees barely any play in either regardless.

Prelude.

Yeah, but the point is that she is a healer, she has the talents to be a healer, and since she's not good at it, she needs a rework. That's the problem.

kirblar

She's fine as a full healer in low level and HL play. She's played differently in competitive because she gets way worse in coordinated play.

If Li Li is tuned correctly, she'll be closer to the top of the healer winrates in HL. (If Uther is tuned correctly, he'll be closer to the bottom.)

Yeah, but the point is that she is a healer, she has the talents to be a healer, and since she's not good at it, she needs a rework. That's the problem.
we're missing each others point. She can be a shitty a healer but the times she is being played is as something else.

Reworking her into a healer is not the solution w/o changing her core kit, on the other hand you can keep it by emphasizing her actual play patterns.

Milly79

Tried Garrosh today.

Nope.

That flip shit confuses me because you don't even have to hover over the fucking hero so I was just throwing people in place. lol

I wonder what's going on with matchmaking... It might just be me.

So since the start of the season, I've been losing alot on my main account. I've fallen from D1 to D4.

Yet on my smurf I've climbed from Plat 1 to D1.

Whenever I get on my main, I lose. Whenever I get on my smurf I win. The match quality is night and day.

I wonder if I'm in some low-priority shadowban state and purposefully queued with really bad toxic mouthbreathers, or it's just a crazy coincidence.

So since the start of the season, I've been losing alot on my main account. I've fallen from D1 to D4.

Whenever I get on my main, I lose. Whenever I get on my smurf I win. The match quality is night and day.

I wonder if I'm in some low-priority shadowban state and purposefully queued with really bad toxic mouthbreathers, or it's just a crazy coincidence.

THIS

I am in platinum 4

I lost alot

I was in Diamond last season

something is wrong

KuroNeeko

Game is telling me to start playing Quick Matches...am I going to be matched with people at my skill level? With all the stuff you guys have been writing, I don't wanna cause no one no trouble.

scoobs

Game is telling me to start playing Quick Matches...am I going to be matched with people at my skill level? With all the stuff you guys have been writing, I don't wanna cause no one no trouble.

Yes you will play with people at your level if you haven't played any matches against real people your MMR will be the lowest possible

Sounds like it's a good thing I'm taking a short break from HOTS to play some Destiny 2... just the idea of hero league placements Is worrying me at this point

Alur

We used to experience a similar thing when we played as a GAF group between my main account and my smurf in the past. There were a lot of weeks where we'd be struggling to maintain a 50% winrate, or we'd hit some long losing streaks. Overall we won more than we lost for sure, but the difference between the smurf and my main were night and day or felt like it. When I swapped we'd win what felt like 60% of the time and usually with nothing changed, still playing the same heroes. Odds are it was just confirmation bias and/or luck, but it sure as fuck didn't feel like it and it happened frequently for more than a year. It wasn't a "beating up on noobs because it was a smurf" issue either as one smurf is near 2000 games and the other is at ~900. That phenomenon was part of the reason I have so many smurfs. I've got a main at 1000+, a smurf at ~550ish, and another at ~330ish account levels. I do wish I had all that rolled into just my main (or my main and one smurf) but it was easier to branch out at times.

You'll begin at the starting MMR level and be matched with other new players and possibly some veteran players who are also at that skill level, especially as you get more games/account level under your belt.

Just try not to feed, show up to objectives, and soak your lane to the best of your ability. If your team groups, even if it's a stupid decision, just go with them. 4v5 they are gonna fail no matter what and guess who will be blamed for not being there despite how bad the decision might have been? 5v5 you at least have a chance. You'll learn the nuances of when to ignore rules like that as you go.

Really, though, hop in and have fun. It's not so serious. You can mute the whole gat damn chat if you need, or individually mute if you prefer. So long as you're doing your best to participate and help the team I wouldn't worry at all about what is going on with the knuckleheads around you in the chat. And odds are it won't be nearly as bad as you're expecting as this isn't League or Dota.

scoobs

KTZ is fun, but fuck QM. Stupid ass comps will never allow me to learn him properly.

Sounds dumb, but I think the best way to learn him is to play against AI. Learning him is basically just nailing his combo down, you don't need real people for that.

Alur

That was my deduction as well. I'm still too slow with the combo at times, but it's hard to get too fussed about it because 75% of my QM games I've got a Genji/Illidan/Sonya sitting on my left buttcheek at the start of each fight.

Dahbomb

Sounds dumb, but I think the best way to learn him is to play against AI. Learning him is basically just nailing his combo down, you don't need real people for that.
Landing his combo on AI is a lot easier than against human players. Human players start running away as soon as they see a Glacial Spike set up.

Dahbomb

It's still not that hard to finish the quest on time, you just have to be active in team fights. Throw out chains, even if the first one connects it's a stack and that one is a lot easier to connect.

The hardest part is landing the second chain with two moving targets. That shit requires you to use a new part of your brain or something as it's like vector targetting.

Alur

It's still not that hard to finish the quest on time, you just have to be active in team fights. Throw out chains, even if the first one connects it's a stack and that one is a lot easier to connect.

The hardest part is landing the second chain with two moving targets. That shit requires you to use a new part of your brain or something as it's like vector targetting.

That's why he's saying play AI with Kel'Thuzad. The muscle memory helps you do that more easily. Yeah the bots are dumb, but it's the speed you're working on and know what keys to hit in what order in that timeframe. Even some of the more notable pros utilize AI at times to work on mechanics like this.

4-0 what is this madness?

Maybe I should log in over there and ruin it for you?

Prelude.

That ToD game was pretty funny, with the enemy team not realizing they were taking shots if they have 0 keeps. They went like 20 something to 0, I've never seen that happen.
We got lucky because our comp was SHIT.

Milly79

Scoobs doesn't even own KTZ.

giphy.gif

Also, I think I dig his Q build the most.

Alur

This is only loosely related to HOTS but I swear I have a point:

Remember that mobile MOBA called Mobile Legends? (say that three times fast lol)

I always thought it was...well, strange. It was basically a pared down mobile League clone, but we knew there was already a League clone in China called Honor of Kings which is the game some of the HOTS pros left our scene to go play. Honor of Kings is made by publishers under Tencent, the dudes who own Riot, so it is the actual League of Legends clone on mobile.

Yesterday I stumbled on the fact that Tencent had sued Mobile Legends for copyright reasons and whatnot, but also that their game Honor of Kings was going global under a new name -- Arena of Valor. It's soft launched in just EU and Asia right now, so I made an EU Apple ID to try it out and wouldn't you know...

It's literally the fucking Mobile Legends game only considerably more polished in most every way. Client is better, character models are better, UI in game is smoother, etc. Many of the heroes are similar in the same way Dota's heroes mimic Blizzard lore characters. Even some of the heroes have similar voice lines. The first hero you receive/learn on, Valhein, has the same voice lines as one of Mobile Legend's beginner heroes Bruno...which is funny because for a month or two Bruno had no voice lines (he only hummed music), but they went back in and added vocals...and turns out they just ripped it word for word from Tencent's game. Shit is insane.

ANYWAY...

All that to say, I played about 4 or 5 games of Arena of Valor. I surprisingly have better ping/connection on EU servers with this than on NA servers with Vainglory. I unlocked the ranked mode and found something neat.

When you pick a hero in ranked, there's a little window that pops up beside the hero that tells your winrate and number of matches with said hero --- kind of like a "get off my back I know what I'm doing" button. You can click "send" on that and it will tell the chat your winrate, etc. I wrote all this to basically comment on how amazing this feature would be for HOTS. Chen is out of the meta but you have a 65% winrate on him? Let em know. You're a god tier Lunara but they want Valla? Click that button.

I've seen two dudes get popped a bunch in my games. One time three. But that was fucking insanity. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also that Tyrande owl clip will never get old.

Milly79

Just played KTZ into...

Illidan, Butcher, Tracer, Medivh, Azmodan

That was super fun. Not even a fucking chance to finish the quest. He has to be the most punished hero ever by dive due to all his skill shots.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man that poor Abathur in that video. Straight up bullying. LEAVE THE SLUG ALONE!

we had 2 Abathurs today in our matches.

won both, slug life

in the last game, the enemy tyrande was hunting him like she was valeera >_>

Altairre

I mean, that's what I do when I play Tyrande even though it breaks my little slug heart.

I don't play owl build though, prefer the stealth assassin one. Not that it matters anymore because I've become a Gmane one trick anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
KT 10k next week right? im sitting on 40k so im good for the next 4 heroes (well KT and next 3 I guess) even if I dont play much.

Top Bottom