• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

Hanamura visually was by far the best map they've put in this game.

Hanamura in every other way...ehh. I still liked it more than Garden or Mines, at the very least, and did really well on the map, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they made it more standard.

I just hope whatever they do the skin of the map comes back because it's so much more visually pleasing than the rest. We have a lot of very drab maps and Hanamura joined Sky Temple as the only bright one to break up that monotony of brown and shadows.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Altairre ruined my winning streak.

Altairre confirmed trash tier, he needs buffs.

Milly79

I'm super torn on KTZ. I can't wait to see what the pros do with him in competitive, but I think the effort you have to put into him is too much. You either completely dominate, or get shit on all game long.

I can't recall which podcast made a note of how you have to play KT w/ convection until you get it done, but it's the same shit with KTZ except you get punished even harder. And you're worthless as a bag of dicks until you finish it.

Currently 8-8 on him.

Average deaths? 5.3 per game. Currently my highest.

Milly79

giphy.gif

Alur

LOL

I didn't die a ton and got the quest done reasonably...I just was never reliable with damage because 50% of the time I'd be too slow on the combo and they'd walk out of range and or I'd get dove and pushed out of the fight other times.

scoobs

Apparently they stealth buffed Nazeebo toad build? Hugeness now gains up to 100% increased damage on its final hop, and Soul Harvest up to 35% spell power & HP 😳

Apparently they stealth buffed Nazeebo toad build? Hugeness now gains up to 100% increased damage on its final hop, and Soul Harvest up to 35% spell power & HP 😳

Toad Zeebo is fucking insane. The huge toads will decimate even tanks that catch 2-3. Spirit Harvest is also insane. I've been at 40% health and dropped to barely 5% when it wears of.

Vimes

I haven't played Falstad since alpha basically so I have no idea how long he's had Bribe, but giving it to a hero with this kind of map presence seems a little bit fuckin crazy?

I haven't played Falstad since alpha basically so I have no idea how long he's had Bribe, but giving it to a hero with this kind of map presence seems a little bit fuckin crazy?

Eh, makes sense. Him and Brightwing have it, and Brightwing is another high-presence character.

Mathi

I'm too stupid to use the chain combo on KTZ, so for now I just play with Death and Decay build. The damage gets insane with the shade talent at 20 and people don't really seem to expect it. Even if you don't root them, if they don't get out asap they are just dead.

Mupod

My last match on Kel'Thuzad last night had an allied Stitches, Garrosh and Auriel.

I lost count of the number of times they rescued the enemy Butcher as he was stunned, chained to my glacial spike and about to get hit by the whole pain train. "Okay I got him now" - Garrosh throws Butcher on fucking top of me. Stitches either ate or hooked him out of a combo no fewer than four times.

He's such a fun character that he's the only thing I want to play. But my god I wanted to strangle the tanks by the end.

Alavard

I'm actually enjoying playing against KTZ as he's making me constantly think about my positioning that much more when in a team fight.

Beckx

official german heroes twitter account (@blizzheroesde) just showed a gif of Varian in a russian themed costume on what looks like a Volskaya Industries themed map. costume looks amazing.

tweet is gone now though

scoobs

official german heroes twitter account (@blizzheroesde) just showed a gif of Varian in a russian themed costume on what looks like a Volskaya Industries themed map. costume looks amazing.

tweet is gone now though
It's up on the official HOTS twitter too

Altairre

Some good matches today, fairly even, especially the second one. Prelude with some really good Jaina play, he seemed to like the other teams cause he put a bunch of rings on them. Master Gmane for me finally, he's my second favorite character now
after Murky

kirblar

Outside of Valeera, what original content does Hearthstone have that they could add into HotS?
One Night in Karazhan Medivh skin.

A Hearthstone map could be hilarious.

edit: holy fuck that Tyrael just went full Hero League with that insanely stupid re-engage after they had already grabbed the boss.

Id play a doctor boom hero for sure
Awwww yeah!

One Night in Karazhan Medivh skin.

A Hearthstone map could be hilarious.

edit: holy fuck that Tyrael just went full Hero League with that insanely stupid re-engage after they had already grabbed the boss.
Hearthstone map...

Capture points to draw cards and play minions that push objectives? The curve ramps up over time until we get big bodies being played...or maybe when you capture an objective an assortment of popular cards pop up and the team clicks on the screen and votes for an effect. Blizzard to freeze a lane, etc.

There are so many angles you could go at this with - I'm pumped!

Alur

I'd be pumped for a Volskaya map as I like the aesthetics in OW...

...but I'd be god damned thrilled for either (A) Warsong Gulch map, or (B) Alterac Valley map, or (C) Southshore/Tarren Mill map.

Hell I'll take all 3.

Beckx

ONiK Medivh skin/voice pack would be incredible

a Hearthstone map could also go with the idea of being inside the tavern, complete with tables where patrons are playing. or for a less "direct" inspiration, a map set in new Gadgetzan with creeps themed the Goons/Cabal/Lotus.

any WoW map other than Southshore/Tarren Mill is a missed opportunity, but I would settle for Wrathgate.

Official reveal on stream now.

Edit: Ana and Juinkrat!

Outside of Valeera, what original content does Hearthstone have that they could add into HotS?

Elise, brann, reno jackson - I think are all HS OG characters.

Maybe they should add the innkeeper and his abilities are all cards from the game lol.

His trait, draw a card.

His ult, temporarily become a hero from hearthstone.

top kek'd brawl gg

BTW I don't think valeera is original to HS.

Elise, brann, reno jackson - I think are all HS OG characters.

Maybe they should add the innkeeper and his abilities are all cards from the game lol.

His trait, draw a card.

His ult, temporarily become a hero from hearthstone.

top kek'd brawl gg

BTW I don't think valeera is original to HS.

Valeera predates Hearthstone, as does Brann Bronzebeard.
Oh really? I had always read that they made Valeera for HS because the Warcraft world was lacking in notable Rogues. I'll have to look up her history, because she's pretty cool. I actually wish all of the HS characters were made up, because it's weird that Uther is a character, but the Lich King is a card.

Also, all of the above ideas are goddamn fantastic and I want all of them! =D

scoobs

Nah, pre-Blizzcon, like Machines of War. I think they're deliberately not doing huge short-term content reveals there due to awkward timing w/ the holiday season.

https://blizzard.gamespress.com/en-CA/Assault-on-Volskaya-Foundry - Ana's images and some of the new skins/mounts.

edit: Looking at the images, Ana's Q is only a heal, not either/or like in OW.
Id assume her AA will act as her damage dart. That would really be a problem in HOTS if you can't heal the person you want because someone runs in front of you.

Top Bottom