• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Only 2 heroes on sale next week after two weeks of three on sale, so apparently there's no fucking rhyme or reason to the sales.

It's Uther and Stiches btw.

Prelude.

I kind of wish they varied it every time and we didn't get multiple releases of a certain universe.

Also, was this the first time the leaker of heroes was wrong? Didn't he say Firebat was next?
He said they were subject to change, and the KT dev video showed a model very similar to a Firebat, so it's probably pretty close to release if Alexsomething is gonna be at Blizzcon. Can't find a source but iirc the Blizzard guy at Gamescom said that the next hero could have been from Starcraft, so there's that too.

Alavard

Ana's abilities
(from https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/70gqpu/ana_skillset_leak_spanish/)

Combat Trait: Shrike
Basic attacks poison enemies (except buildings), inflicting 40 damage over 5 seconds. This effect can be stacked up to 5 times.

Q: Healing Dart
Launches a dart that heals the first allied hero hit for 250 Health.
Cooldown: 2 seconds

W: Biotic Grenade
Throws a grenade at the target area. Affected allied heroes are healed for 175 Health and receive 25% additional healing for 3 seconds. Affected enemy heroes suffer 60 damage and receive 100% reduced healing for 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 16 seconds.

E: Sleep Dart
Launches a dart that puts the first enemy hero hit to sleep, preventing any action for 3 seconds or until receiving damage.
Cooldown: 14 seconds.

R1: Nano Boost
Instantly restores 200 mana to an ally hero, as well as increasing spell power by 30% and cooldown recharge rate by 150% for 8 seconds.
Cooldown: 50 seconds

R2: Eye of Horus
Takes a sniper position and gains the ability to fire 8 special shots with unlimited range. Bullets hit the first allied or enemy Hero in its path. Allies are healed for 300 Health and enemies receive 175 damage.
Buildings can block shots.
Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Her Biotic Grenade reducing healing to enemies by 100% is very noteworthy. Should make her a great pick against high-cooldown healing supports, and can completely nullify Ancestral or Divine Palm.

scoobs

So she seems like an actual support and now a pseudo support like Tyrande or Tassadar... right?

Yes the dev said she will be a solo support.

Obviously I'll have to try her out before making any judgments, but she was OP as hell in OW and she seems like she's gonna be OP as hell in HOTS. The grenade is my main concern

Prelude.

But Lunara's works with her kit, since you need to hit enemies to use her W and it's affected by talents.
I need to see Ana's talents too, because as it is I don't see the point, since they didn't even 1:1 translate her considering her Q is burst healing and not over time.

kirblar

But Lunara's works with her kit, since you need to hit enemies to use her W and it's affected by talents.
I need to see Ana's talents too, because as it is I don't see the point, since they didn't even 1:1 translate her considering her Q is burst healing and not over time.
The point is to split her damage/heal functionality between her Q and Auto-Attack while being as close to OW as possible.

It's not a HOT because in OW it's a very very short-duration HOT and the game pacing is different.

Alur

That sleep dart is gonna be borderline useless in team fights in pleb games the way AOE and damage is haphazardly thrown around. Could be great for 1v1 or landing situations as an escape, tho, and I'm sure the pros will use it well...

...the other issue is won't her own DoT break the sleep? That pretty much makes it a necessity to sleep a different target so maybe it won't be so good as a 1v1 escape.

Maledict

That sleep dart is gonna be borderline useless in team fights in pleb games the way AOE and damage is haphazardly thrown around. Could be great for 1v1 or landing situations as an escape, tho, and I'm sure the pros will use it well...

...the other issue is won't her own DoT break the sleep? That pretty much makes it a necessity to sleep a different target so maybe it won't be so good as a 1v1 escape.

That's what I was thinking - her trait is directly opposed to her sleep. We need to see the talents really to see how much they play off it.

Alur

Hopefully there is a talent that allows the Sleep Dart to persist through her own DoT or that'll be super crappy IMO.
and hopefully it's a talent you can pick, or baked into one you would want to...otherwise, still crappy

In dev video via Facebook video: https://www.facebook.com/BlizzHeroes/videos/674759269400247/

The D.Va Deathwing skin is amazing. Might have to start spamming her again to get from 14--->15 and master her finally.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh another hero that can give mana back, awesome.

Also with KT, I wonder how fast you pump out Qs with a full Q build and nano boost. Probably as fast as the animation wind up allows you? lol

latest

Rhaknar

yup still love Lucio

queue with Auriel (needed one more game with diablo heroes), my team is garrosh, stiches, nova, kharazim, me... wru battery ;_;

still won, nova was a beast :3

third healer game, with Morales this time. Not sure how I feel about the new Morales tbh :/

Alur

Would love to see Expert lock up this 3rd spot. adrd has been the bridesmaid so often, be nice to see him get in again.

Fan gotta be having a rough time, he wants to be on the best team and GFE has only been that in short spurts since he joined.

well him joining GFE signified the beginning of the role overlaps that they struggled with. I mean even with the big roster swaps, mike udall used to be famous for ranged heroes like falstad and now hes their bruiser :p

well him joining GFE signified the beginning of the role overlaps that they struggled with. I mean even with the big roster swaps, mike udall used to be famous for ranged heroes like falstad and now hes their bruiser :p
Definitely their roster still looks mismatched, Khroen was also a victim of this. Except Udall was a melee carry playing Falstad.

Alur

When did Glau turn into Draco Malfoy?

If he wanted to be on the best team, he'd move to europe

da fuq kinda response is that lol, like he can just pack up and move on a whim and pick whatever team he wants to boot. That's completely unrealistic. He's done everything he can to make it happen in NA short of playing support or something like that. I think it's pretty valid to feel bad for him that it just doesn't seem to work out. At least for him "not working out" still means showing up at almost all major events. When it doesn't work out for folks like Glau or Mc it goes REALLY bad.

scoobs

When did Glau turn into Draco Malfoy?

da fuq kinda response is that lol, like he can just pack up and move on a whim and pick whatever team he wants to boot. That's completely unrealistic. He's done everything he can to make it happen in NA short of playing support or something like that. I think it's pretty valid to feel bad for him that it just doesn't seem to work out. At least for him "not working out" still means showing up at almost all major events. When it doesn't work out for folks like Glau or Mc it goes REALLY bad.
Dude from that really good New Zealand team or whatever moved to Europe to try and make it big. Not unheard of.

Point being: if you want to be the best you shouldn't be playing on any NA team. He wants to the best... in NA

Alur

I'd expect em to blow it up yeah. That said, they have Superstars next week which should be a win (you'd think anyway), while next week Tempo has Team Freedom. Is it top two or top three qualify before playoffs?

The bigger story to me is Team Freedom. I doubted em for sure. Think brian! was the only who thought they could get beyond 5th/6th, but here they are. Pretty awesome honestly. Still kind of confused someone sponsored No Tomorrow but not them.

Dude from that really good New Zealand team or whatever moved to Europe to try and make it big. Not unheard of.

LOL, one dude out of hundreds = "not unheard of". I guess technically, yes, but that's a pretty slim pool. This isn't League where people regularly swap regions as Blizzard doesn't seem interested in facilitating those kind of things. And he wasn't a name like Fan I would assume. For all I know he was someone like Kure who was willing to join an up and comer and try to crack into the top that way. There's no way Fan would do that or should do that, which means it's a non-starter in all likelihood.

Not to mention the fact that this shit goes in cycles like crazy.

Year zero = NA's the best no one can touch Tempo Storm...they implode then the second NA team wins it all anyway. NA BEST PogChamp

Year 1 = OMG MVP BLACK...er, TEMPEST, er...Ballistix NO ONE CAN TOUCH KOREA.

Year 2 = KOREA WILL BE HOTS DADS FOREVER, er, no wait...is that Fnatic's music? EU BEST LULZ

We don't know who will be best in the spring next year when he would be starting were he to move or were GFE to implode is my point. It's cycled around pretty good so far. Just because EU is top and NA is shit doesn't mean it'll stay that way forever.

Kioshen

I'd expect em to blow it up yeah. That said, they have Superstars next week which should be a win (you'd think anyway), while next week Tempo has Team Freedom. Is it top two or top three qualify before playoffs?

The bigger story to me is Team Freedom. I doubted em for sure. Think brian! was the only who thought they could get beyond 5th/6th, but here they are. Pretty awesome honestly. Still kind of confused someone sponsored No Tomorrow but not them.

Team Freedom is an e-sports roster team. They have a HoTS roster and Dota 2 roster.

regular HGC NA is already over only thing to be determined is who makes it to the crucible between superstars and lag force.

Lag force needs to 3-1 or better EiD to have a shot while superstars need to get 2-3 or better against tempo to lock it up and be safe.

Top Bottom