• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

so I think the coolest development in regards to roll 20 is that glaraung is no longer the star of the team, justing buds prismaticism and goku have all made names for themselves often times making Glau look like one of the weaker members on the team.

I think there has been similar developments for team freedom, such as daneski being a big play maker

Alur

Even in first phase of HGC people bitched about him IIRC. Wasn't that long ago.

Kind of furthers the point that just like in the NBA, a lot of how good many players appear depends on fit. We saw it with Glau, with Dignitas multiple times, Kure on Team Freedom, and we've kind of seen the reverse with dudes like Equinox and (sadly) McIntyre who never seem to be a consistent fit anywhere. You could kind of argue it both ways for Fan...he's had success everywhere he's went but he's also been a disruptive force on every team he's went to. Not in the "he's toxic!" way, but in that most teams grabbing him don't match his style. If the GFE thing implodes he should look to make his own team like Glaurung did so that it's molded around him from the start and not after it or the players on it are already established.

Kioshen

Well, Prismat was receiving target bans early on until you couldn't ignore Glau or Justing. I'm honestly glad I don't follow HoTS esports scene or any other anymore. Made me care less a little bit and upped the enjoyment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
pretty sure Stukov is my favorite hero in the game.

Alur

PTR patch is there now. Guess maybe it's up?

Been wondering where this was...guess they figure with Ana there's enough variety now?

Daily Quests
A new ”Play 2 Games as an Overwatch Hero" Daily Quest has been added.

Alavard

Every vehicle in the game has unstoppable now wtf

To be fair, they are currently in a strange spot, and are treated differently than other targets in the game. They're immune to some CC but just receive a shorter duration from others. It's inconsistent. Now, it will be a lot simpler.

Isnt she his doctor? But instead of just throwing the healing beam on him she turns him into a cyborg monstrosity programmed to go on dates with her, im sickened, more like the hypocritic oath
Maybe, idk just know there was some drama around valentines with those two and tracer. Tracer's being actually quite cute.

Milly79

To be fair, they are currently in a strange spot, and are treated differently than other targets in the game. They're immune to some CC but just receive a shorter duration from others. It's inconsistent. Now, it will be a lot simpler.

A lot simpler, but also a lot more annoying. Have fun chasing around the terror even more now.

brian!

Spike delay gonna hurt a lot

Wow they buffed the shit out of bw, how come

Aw man sad about garrosh nerfs but he deserves them

Dunno how i feel about blinding light being moved to lvl 1 for cassia, it's not as if anyone is not gonna pick charged strikes every time

KT nerfs look fine except for the phylactery one since it does nothing until you complete it. That is a long time to go without any benefit. I think they should have made it so you heal like 1% per globe or something.

And actually Q talent buff so not completely smashing the power level down.

Alur

Played Garrosh for the first time on PTR trying to finish the gems quest so I could buy Ana. The two tosses are def hard to get used to. Even after I adjusted there were still a couple I threw straight up in the air when I was in a hurry.

Not sure what to make of Ana in my games. I just now unlocked her, but the others I've seen play her haven't had a ton of impact either way.

Milly79

Yeah I know it's the weirdest shit ever because you hover over heroes for skill shots but with that you target where you want them to go.

Alur

It's like playing backwards. I had to turn Quick Cast off and just walk into range blindly the first few times to do it. Not a huge fan of the way it sets up. Would prefer it be a two step process but I get why it's not.

LOL @ Ana's 13.

Smelling Salts:

Healing Dart removes Stuns from a target, and grants 50 armor to them while doing so.

Grubby is complaining about it on stream now saying did they not learn from Uther?

Alur

Can confirm healing with Ana in HOTS will be as frustrating as healing with Ana in OW. Still people moving too much (lol thanks Genji) or walking in front of wounded allies. Was pretty fun first game, though, despite the fact we had to play 4v5 cause our dude rage quit at minute 2.

EDIT: Also, 4 games, no new map. Da fuq Blizz just lemme see it already.

Mupod

Kel'Thuzad is actually my highest level character now. I don't really want to play anybody but him, lol. I only got him with gems because I like the character but he's a ton of fun.

Not at all surprised that they are looking to nerf him before his drop to 10,000 gold because of course they are. I suppose I've gotten decent at him so I should still do fine. Kind of annoying that they nerfed a bunch of talents I take specifically, but mana costs only matter for the death and decay build in my experience. I never even think about my mana when I'm using my usual spike combo build.

scoobs

The spike is for sure OP, and he has zero mana concerns so all of it makes sense. I still think he's crazy, and his "other ult" doesn't come close to being as useful as the damn global nuke

Alur

Yeah KT's mana problems were nonexistent so not surprised that got hit. I wonder if it'll be enough to make a difference or he'll still be able to mostly spam with impunity?

Has anyone gotten time on the new map?

Only watching streams, haven't tried it. But it seems fairly standard like Infernal shrines except the Overwatch CP flavor and the conveyor belt flare.

It seems overall a strong albeit safe edition to the map pool

I dont really like Ana main healing be skillshots, imagine trying to kill Illian or Genji or someone on your team obstruct your way to heal your target.

I dunno but ana feels unnecesary hard

brian!

KT nerfs look fine except for the phylactery one since it does nothing until you complete it. That is a long time to go without any benefit. I think they should have made it so you heal like 1% per globe or something.

And actually Q talent buff so not completely smashing the power level down.

it's by design i think since the activation is so strong

Alur

I think Ana's new ult is fucking rad. I'm picking that shit even if nano is absurd.

It is fun as hell. Not sure how practical it is because you are both stationary and unable to do your job for a decent amount of time, but it's a pretty cool ult.

I'm still not sure on the level one. I can see the Grenade quest or the Sleep Dart quest (for the Healing Dart reward once completed) being the best...but not sure which will be the go-to yet.

And her level 20 that let's you stack attack speed Valla style is amazing too.

Alur

When I played it yesterday I didn't even realize it heals too. That makes it more interesting but I still hate being Nazeebo'd mobility wise to do it. I only got two games on her and most I've seen are double support on stream so I don't really know where she falls in the solo support spectrum. It feels a bit light healing wise to me but it's hard to tell anything with the shitshows you get on PTR.

Alur

Yeah it has long range but the mobility is an issue for more than one reason.

A) the obvious, getting dived. B) You can't use your other skills pre/post ult because you're too far back to avoid A so you have to catch back up to your team. C) As always with anything heal related with her, you can't always hit who you want. And damage wise it's not that hard to avoid if you're near any structure or just walk behind a teammate Triple Tap style.

It's still really neat and maybe it'll be the pick, I dunno. But there's plenty of factors that go against it IMO.

brian!

Haha nanoboost gives medivh a 1 sec cd for his q, pretty broken. Anub should be pretty good against her, tho his e is heavily readable so he needs to hit her or get slept

Top Bottom