• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

I'd take everything for fnatic not to win

I noticed a pattern that I'd alway's root against the top dog unless it's a team I really liked. Hated tempo until they started to suck. Hated GFE for the short time they were on top. Switched between liking and hating cloud 9. Hate Fnatic, well I never really liked them.

Congratulations you've hipstered your esports fandom...sort of. I do the same with sports over here and certain traditional winning/big teams. In esports, at least for HOTS, I (personally) don't think there's enough history to be too against anyone other than MVP Black who got fellated forever.

Ketch

Congratulations you've hipstered your esports fandom...sort of. I do the same with sports over here and certain traditional winning/big teams. In esports, at least for HOTS, I (personally) don't think there's enough history to be too against anyone other than MVP Black who got fellated forever.

I think it's pretty reasonable to be against any of the OG c9 bubbas at this point.

Understanding that people are dumb and irrational is part of understanding politics though.

It's why you don't want to be the D1 frontrunner on the Dem side, and why so many get upset if the "underdog" doesn't win- the combo of those and the anti-authoritarian impulses at work is real.

(This is different than sports/competition, where fuck yeah you wanna be the Jordan.)

idk I'm already shopping for flats in a more reasonable country.

fnatic, dig, estar and mvp are the longest standing rosters and orgs, as well as the rosters of tempest, l5 and team liquid. At this point these are almost as old as professional hots really is.

my biggest wish is for roll 20 to not totally flop and fall on their faces. they can lose to dig, just pleeaasseeeeeee dont get rekt by tempest.

my wife and I will adopt any of you when you get disowned by your families

scoobs

Guys I was playing with/against were not very good, but god damn did I just have an awesome Greymane game.
yOqx2ar.jpg

scoobs

yo scoobs wtf is tom up to now? feels bad man

Tom DeLonge? Fuck if I know, dude went crazy and quit the band a second time so I wrote him off and haven't followed his social media for a couple years. Apparently he's building flying saucers? He's a nutjob, its whatever.

Alur

Ok so the razorback nexus mount doesn't look as bad as I thought. Still sucks they can't do something more original like what WoW gets.

Alur

Bakery really doesn't have a hairdo at the moment or ever from what I recall. He's just kind of got the mop on top that he doesn't let get full Beatles but it's still Beatles enough.

On the subject of hair, if I'm Khroen I'm still righteous af GFE let me bet my badass afro, lose it, and then kicked me like two weeks later. Talk about getting rekt.

Alur

He gambled it sure but considering how prideful of it he was that also indicates he was all-in for that team...and then they shanked him. Pretty shitty. And it didn't help em a bit.

As for the Castor clone thing, yeah I can see that for sure. I forget which one he looks most like but it's there.

I just think cutting him like that was shitty irrespective of the bet. The bet was solely on him

I don't think it was the wrong decision by GFE either. They just bungled their pickups and never figured out a structure that works for their team.

Alur

Sometimes I really do think you enjoy just arguing in a circle more than you actually believe whatever you're arguing for. :p

S3HSgeG.gif

I don't follow how it can be the correct decision.

For one, he wasn't the actual weakest link. Secondly it didn't solve the issue of leadership being a tug of war between Fan and Udall or completely vacant depending on how you want to look at it. Third, it didn't really do much to solve the positional issues between...well, everybody left who mattered (Fan and Udall, again...note how these two keep coming up in the problem section), and ultimately it allowed them to bring on two players who have shown a noted lack of ability to adapt for quite some time.

The absolute best that can be said about it was that he had to go so they could get the k1/Caff package deal, and that transaction proved to be about as inspiring as everyone expected.

He was the scapegoat and the easy piece to move is the bottom line. There was no way Fan or Udall was going, there were no viable supports to find to remove the real assdragger of the group, and it let them get the two-for.

you are right about me but that doesn't apply here, both posts are arguments to the same point.

you are also right about Udall and Fan but even now what GFE needs isn't a ranged carry they can fill that role they need cohesion as a team. K1 worked out better than I expected he picked up the slack where Udall failed and Fan didn't try, like he played a decent Medivh the few games they tried.

Still way too much overlap between those 3 players, as a result Udall has been boxed into the role of pure flex and not in a good way.

If I had to make changes to the team I'd cut Caffeine and Udall for a tank player with shotcaller experience and a flex player. Hard to say who's gonna be a free agent but excluding blizzcon qualified teams maybe like Zuna and Srey.

Alur

I'd field a 3 man team before bringing in Zuna or Srey at this point. May as well just keep it like it is if that's the best you can do.

The pool right now sucks balls, you have 3 teams going to blizzcon and the best open division team locked in their roster.

I picked those two because they are the only ones available that cover all the holes in GFE and Zuna is one of the few NA players that is relentlessly aggressive for better or worse.

Alur

Zuna is a top tier player. It's just do you get Zuna that wants to run shit and is bad at it, or do you get Zuna that just wants to win and will accept being a part of the team. Since you have no guarantee which you'll get I'm not sure he's worth gambling on.

Like you said, though, not many options. Teams really need to start bringing in folks from Open division or outside the scene at this point. Look what Kure + some changes did for Freedom, for example.

I wasn't sure whether Homicide was the shotcaller.
Zuna is a top tier player. It's just do you get Zuna that wants to run shit and is bad at it, or do you get Zuna that just wants to win and will accept being a part of the team. Since you have no guarantee which you'll get I'm not sure he's worth gambling on.

Like you said, though, not many options. Teams really need to start bringing in folks from Open division or outside the scene at this point. Look what Kure + some changes did for Freedom, for example.
True. I'd like to imagine Zuna actually got much better over the course of leading Naventic, I mean they kinda just decided not to suck and were amazing th last couple matches, even when they ultimately lost series.

Top Bottom