• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

Doesn't matter in the end. He gets antsy if they lose and wants to be the carry, whatever hero it is he deems to be the carry. I feel like it throws off the team balance, for one, but also likely fucks their draft fairly often too when he was heavy into it by trying to force what he felt were the strongest heroes.

Ya'll talking about cuts makes me wonder about aka. If/when he gets cut, what team would even pick him up? Spacestation is probably the only possible spot and I wonder if equinox would want to play with him again.

brian!

Nvt failed as a team and in general were not good at taking zuna's calls and making smart decisions.

They got better at that by: 1. Putting zuna into a role where his calls are more easily understood by his team and where he can control the flow of the play and 2. Removing bkid, who was consistently uncertain and lttp, from the tank role and in general isolating him from those types of situations by putting him solo.

The plays they do now are the same they have always gone for, they just are more cohesive now and understanding zuna's calls better. It helps that a toxic element was removed from the team that should allow ppl to feel more free to communicate their needs.

W/r/t aka, hes a package deal with udall no? I think there are things that indicate that he should be removed but it might not be the worst to see if they can improve him internally; that's up to gfe. I think a jun poach would improve gfe a lot but it's not really a realistic thing to consider afaik, but i dunno how jun feels about tempo or how gfe feel about aka

Now that you mention, tomster has been growing into the support role rapidly.
Bit of a gamble but buds went from being unheard of to one of the most notable supports NA has by being in the right team.

brian!

Tomster has been uneven in the role but getting more consistent and he's a supp that's not afraid of playmaking which is really valuable. I still remember the set where he ran into at least two mosh pits in two diff games 😥

He's been playing amazing for a roleswapper though, you can see him getting better every week

brian!

The buds/justing synergy is real, i dunno how well you can plug buds in for other teams but at the same time this guy plays support for glaurung so you know hes been through some shit

brian!

Yeah goku can do work on zera but they mainly use zera for initiating wombos so i guess theoretically it's prob better to put the shotcaller on it? That doesn't sound right tho since vp lasts forever lol

I do see him pick it sometimes because he has no other picks

Altairre

Checked out bambam's stream thanks to scoobs' recommendation and it's pretty entertaining. Also got me to try out Diablo and he's really fun. Getting those wall stuns isn't all that easy but I'm working on it. I definitely appreciate the regen globe value of devil's due, gives him quite a bit of sustain.

Alur

I'm always surprised when Glau reverts back and whips out Zera only to feed and play like shit, that's what you got Goku for now.

Glau owes you a signed R20 shirt for sticking with him through all his failings til he found relevancy.

Checked out bambam's stream thanks to scoobs' recommendation and it's pretty entertaining. Also got me to try out Diablo and he's really fun. Getting those wall stuns isn't all that easy but I'm working on it. I definitely appreciate the regen globe value of devil's due, gives him quite a bit of sustain.

bambam is p good, and him and Dunk together on comms is always entertaining. Is Dunk streaming earlier or is he out atm? Didn't see him the last few nights.

Milly79

He was on last night around 9pm. That's when I usually watch him. I've noticed some days he goes live pretty early in the evenings.

Syf

Banned
Hey guys, haven't really been following HotS for a while. Have there been any blizzcon leaks? Any idea what to expect?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Weekly Collection Update: Oct 17 – 24, 2017

Next week's Collection Update will begin on Tuesday, October 17! Check out the new list of featured items and Hero discounts below.

Upcoming Hero Sales
Diablo — Sale Price: 150 Gems
Zarya — Sale Price: 375 Gems

The following Skins and Mounts will enter the Featured Item Rotation, and will be unlockable using Gems until next week's Collection Update:
Upcoming Featured Skins
Kaijo Diablo
Thunder Guard Zarya
Pack Leader Dehaka
Nether Monarch Brightwing
Unholy Frost Wyrm Arthas
Shadowpaw Li Li
Banshee Raven Sylvanas
Spectre Illidan

Upcoming Featured Mounts
Brown Dire Wolf
Ghost Speeder

Alavard

Since Junkrat comes out on the 17th, it looks like Blizzcon falls on the end of the week in which they would normally reveal the next hero. So that probably means they'll just delay that hero to be part of what they unveil at Blizzcon.

This means almost nothing except that *maybe* we'll get more than just two hero announcements (as we did last year), since we're further along the release schedule for the next one.

Skab

But it would be so much more hype than any of these others (to me at least)

I'm with you. We need more Diablo characters in general, and I would love to get some Diablo 1 love. (I would lose my shit if Moreina and/or Jazreth some how ever got announced.)

Altairre

Mura, Diablo, Lili, Genji, Vikings vs Tyrael, Arthas, Cassia, Naz, Ana.

How the fuck are we supposed to kill anything? When mm is bad, it's really bad.

Mura, Diablo, Lili, Genji, Vikings vs Tyrael, Arthas, Cassia, Naz, Ana.

How the fuck are we supposed to kill anything? When mm is bad, it's really bad.

I take it you are the mura diablo team?

Hard engage and wreck the backline. you should be able to kill any of them. I actually think the comp is ok, just need to capitalize during the mid game. If you aren't behind, ya'll should have a chance

Altairre

With Arthas and Tyrael peels + Ana sleeps we can't hard engage anything and even when I managed to flip and charge someone into our team we couldn't kill them fast enough. Mura damage comes online at 16, same with Diablo (if I can wall stun which wasn't always possible). Genji is good at chasing and cleaning up but he can't burst down anyone by himself before he gets the shuriken damage and Lili is Lili. She also can't outheal Cassia and Naz damage. Game was over before we even got to 16.

Alur

Off-topic, but I just saw some news relating to your reference about the new regime where you're from Familie. I had thought you were talking about here. That's not good. Welcome to the misery.

Alur

I know that feeling. Stupid gonna stupid, only now they get to stupid and worse around and in the name of the rest of us.

Austria?

If it makes you feel any better, cold comfort, these populist elements are present everywhere. We had a couple of candidates for the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada make a play for that base. They ultimately didn't win but the nativist base and sentiments they appealed to aren't going anywhere.

Maledict

So, serious question. Do Valla and Greymane need nerfing?

They are ubitiquos at the pro level of play, and when you crunch the numbers you realise they have equal burst to the mage classes, which also having far higher PvE damage, sustained dps and mobility. They come with a hell of a lot of bonuses and very few weaknesses, and really step on the territory of the mage class heroes. No other sustained dps has a toolkit that large.

scoobs

They are ubitiquos at the pro level of play, and when you crunch the numbers you realise they have equal burst to the mage classes, which also having far higher PvE damage, sustained dps and mobility. They come with a hell of a lot of bonuses and very few weaknesses, and really step on the territory of the mage class heroes. No other sustained dps has a toolkit that large.
Valla needs a nerf for sure.

Greymane needs a rework. All of his cocktail talents should be made into one talent at level 1, or baked into the baseline ability. His non-cocktail talents are uninspired, not worth taking... give some cool worgen only talents like how level 13 tier is.

Ketch

Yea, both of those heroes are really OP. Why would you ever take a different ranged auto attack hero over either one of those? ... and even why would you pick a mage if either one of those two is still available. At least Li Ming and Chromie have specific purposes I guess, and both KTs have disables. Either way, Valla and Grey are easily the two best ranged auto attackers in the game and they hve been for a long ass time.

They could just reduce their ability damage a little and then buff the other ranged auto attack heroes.

(or rework the games ability vs auto attack damage mechanics... but that's a bigger nut to suck on)

We'll see what the ZJ changes do for the meta if anything.

Top Bottom