• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

He's human: Tom Cruise injured while filming Mission: Impossible 6 stunt jump

inm8num2

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/tom-cruise-injured-mission-impossible-6-stunt-1201866160/

Tom Cruise’s well-known habit of performing his own stunts appears to have resulted in an injury, though thankfully not a serious one. TMZ has a video of the 55-year-old actor coming up short while jumping from one building to another as part of a stunt for “Mission: Impossible 6”; after getting up, Cruise briefly collapses while attempting to walk it off. Watch the video here.

That TMZ video caption is brutal.

Muuttxg.png

TheContact

Give this guy a lot of credit for doing his own stunts. Hope he's ok and yes fuck TMZ. You have to be a real piece of shit to work there.

The guy is probably in amazing shape and all but he seriously needs to think about slowing down and getting some stunt doubles.

Shredderi

The guy has to be in pretty good shape for his age, right? He seems like he has kept himself in tip top shape for a few decades for all his movies.

Moppeh

Banned
So after all the Scientology nonsense, he isn't impervious to damage? Damn, I'm starting to think scientology is a raw deal.

Tagyhag

I don't get Tabloids like TMZ, they claim that their stalking and harassing is to just feed their families. But then they act like smug assholes while doing it.

I sometimes wonder how Cruise's career is going to play out. He's 55. Is he going to try and continue to make leading man action movies into his 60s? Will he slow down and do more dramatic stuff?

UrbanRats

McQuarrie is back, Rebecca Ferguson is back, Cavill as the bad guy... i'm hyped as hell for MI6.
If he can deliver the kind of stuff he did in MI5, at 80 years old, bring it on.

Also, the description of the video makes it sound worse than it is.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I don't get Tabloids like TMZ, they claim that their stalking and harassing is to just feed their families. But then they act like smug assholes while doing it.

While I share your complete disdain for TMZ, there's obviously a market for the stories they continually peddle. Just look at this thread.

Those Mission: Impossible-movies are great (and they keep getting better and better), and the stunts he pulls off are amazing. But I hope he doesn't kill himself doing it. Jesus Christ...

ItIsOkBro

it adds so much to every tom cruise action scene that they can film from any angle, especially with his face in clear view

kevin1025

Banned
I sometimes wonder how Cruise's career is going to play out. He's 55. Is he going to try and continue to make leading man action movies into his 60s? Will he slow down and do more dramatic stuff?

I think he's going to slow down, but no one can say when. With American Made coming out, it would be neat if he transitioned into movies like that, drama with a little bit of action peppered in. But if he's in peak physical shape and wants to keep going, I'm cool with it! He's at the top of his game, even with things like this injury... though maybe the injury makes him rethink things a little.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Even though his action scenes are sometimes not filmed as well, I put Tom Cruise up there with Jackie Chan in terms of actors doing their own insane stunts.

He apparently changed some lines in the Mummy to have people call him a young man.

jelly

He looks amazing for someone that is 55.

I admire his fitness but he has totally had work done on his face. Guys age well anyway.

That jump has got to sting, thought the rope would stop that eventuality happening but guess it's just the drop.

Eylos

Banned
I think he's going to slow down, but no one can say when. With American Made coming out, it would be neat if he transitioned into movies like that, drama with a little bit of action peppered in. But if he's in peak physical shape and wants to keep going, I'm cool with it! He's at the top of his game, even with things like this injury... though maybe the injury makes him rethink things a little.
He Will start to do the old Cop/New cop trope

kevin1025

Banned
He Will start to do the old Cop/New cop trope

I figured that's where they were headed with adding Jeremy Renner to Mission Impossible, but it seems like ever since then Cruise has gotten crazier with the stunts, haha.

But yeah, he'd be good at that. They could still have him doing wild stunts, but messing them up a little bit, which could give the new cop in that trope a chance for something witty to say.

Anung

Un Rama
He apparently changed some lines in the Mummy to have people call him a young man.

He had Russel Crowe who is 3 years younger call him young man.

It's weird. I wonder when he'll let himself transition into an older actor. Clooney's doing it quite gracefully.

He had Russel Crowe who is 3 years younger call him young man.

It's weird. I wonder when he'll let himself transition into an older actor. Clooney's doing it quite gracefully.

I kind of wonder if this will end badly, like he'll never let himself age gracefully and will get a bunch of awful plastic surgery and in like 5 years he's a punchline.

JMTHEFOX

That caption by TMZ was fucking savage...

Praying that Cruise is okay, dude is king when he does stunts by himself.

Harmen

I reckon this guy has had his fair share of injuries of varying degrees between "it's nothing" and "serious" troughout his career. Dude is insane but that personality also makes him such an exceptional actor in certain aspects. I have respect for how he handles his work and wish him well.

I kind of wonder if this will end badly, like he'll never let himself age gracefully and will get a bunch of awful plastic surgery and in like 5 years he's a punchline.
Hasn't this already started? Been years since I watched Ghost Protocol, but he seemed "older" in that then in the recent Mummy film.

jett

D-Member
Ouch. I guess he didn't drink his Xenujuice that morning. You really have to give it up to Cruise for doing his own stunts. Thankfully he's also a safety first kind of guy.

Why not. Lima Neeson does it, lol.

His last "serious" role was Valkyrie nine years ago. I don't think he's interested in those anymore.

Top Bottom