• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Cruise Stunt Injury Shuts Down ‘M:I 6- Mission Impossible’

TissueBox

Toooom! ;_; Wanna watch the next IMF escapade so don't go tumbling on me!!

This is the first time I've heard of him getting an injury serious enough to throw a wrench into the production... as the previous thread said he's human after all...that said, he's still an invincible hunk looking at his list of feats. :p

I want him to be safe but in the same time I kind of hope he could brush this off and get back to the game like the Cruise we all know; his unceasing drive is one of the most endearing things about him, after all. In any case, get to that doctor first, knucklehead..!!

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Toooom! ;_; Wanna watch the next IMF escapade so don't go tumbling on me!!

This is the first time I've heard of him getting an injury serious enough to throw a wrench into the production... as the previous thread said he's human after all...that said, he's still an invincible hunk looking at his list of feats. :p

I want him to be safe but in the same time I kind of hope he could brush this off and get back to the game like the Cruise we all know; his unceasing drive is one of the most endearing things about him, after all. In any case, get to that doctor first, knucklehead..!!

Gotta be insurance related. I'm sure him wanting to hang off a 100 story building or hold onto the outside of a plane costs a fortune, but nothing happens. After this premiums on him might have become far too high to continue with him doing his own stunts, but that also means that they'll need to revisit most of them with a new crew.

I can't believe people is criticizing him for this. Nobody has ever complained about him doing his stunts, he is a pro, he knows what he is doing and he knows the risks and yet he does them always. Now he breaks an ankle and the vultures are out.

Get well Tom.

liquidtmd

Banned
I can't believe people is criticizing him for this. Nobody has ever complained about him doing his stunts, he is a pro, he knows what he is doing and he knows the risks and yet he does them always. Now he breaks an ankle and the vultures are out.

Get well Tom.

Dead Man

I'd rather see there be wages insurance for the workers when something like this happens than tell actors they can't do any stunts.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Even if he has people younger than him call him a "young man"?

That was silly, but to be fair we don't know how old the character is supposed to be. Jekyll is the head of a secret organization that hunts down evil entities. And he's clearly different. So he might be 100+ years old for all we know.

*Splinter

Terminator-2-Header.jpg

b31tnspavkfdef99br6z.png
What am I supposed to be looking at here?

gogogow

the sequence with the plane in the previous Mi was done in france with a real french airplane on a military base. Soldiers were amazed he did the stunt himself (with all the regular stunt precautions) and he did it like 8 times ...

i appreciate that in this world of fake Cgi blu screen everything, there is something close of what we had in the pre-numeric world

Yep, I have mad respect for Tom Cruise doing his own stunts. Fucking Johnny Depp makes gazillion dollars and can't even make a waist high jump and had to CG that shit.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Figured this would happen eventually. Still blew my mind when I found out he did that skyscraper scene in Dubai in MI4. Dude is fucking crazy.

Also didn't realize MI6 was already in production. Didn't the last one come out in Spring?

gogogow

Figured this would happen eventually. Still blew my mind when I found out he did that skyscraper scene in Dubai in MI4. Dude is fucking crazy.

Also didn't realize MI6 was already in production. Didn't the last one come out in Spring?

Summer 2015.

empyrean

Love cruise and have real respect for him doing his own stunts. Love the physicality of practical effects and stunts as opposed to cgi.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Maybe it's ego, maybe it's dedication to his art. He's got chutzpah either way.

Don't think it's either to be honest. From the way he talks about it in interviews, I think he just finds most of the stunts incredibly fun and exciting, which is fair enough.

kvothe232

Knowing the main actor does all the stunts themselves makes a good movie that much better, it's the reason I like most of Jackie Chan's films, even the bad ones I can enjoy if there are crazy stunts involved.

People get hurt in the line of work, it can happen to anyone, actors will know this and accept it as part of the job profession they have decided to be their career.

Top Bottom