• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

He's human: Tom Cruise injured while filming Mission: Impossible 6 stunt jump

Qvoth

phew that "injury" doesn't seem too bad, i mean it's bad considering his age, but at least it's not harrison ford breaking his leg level of bad

Fuck TMZ. Not giving them the clicks.

I'm constantly baffled by the hate people send this man's way. His output over the last 15-20 years has been absolutely incredible, minus the few obvious bombs along the way.

yikes gotta hurt but that looked like sprained ankle more than anything maybe or a strain.
I'm constantly baffled by the hate people send this man's way. His output over the last 15-20 years has been absolutely incredible, minus the few obvious bombs along the way.
He is a scientologist and the whole thing with Katie wasn't pretty.

It looks like the intent in that scene is for him to barely miss the jump and hold onto the side, but he unintentionally banged his leg / foot somehow. It never looks like he preparing or extending for a landing.

I also admire how perfect the jump looks in terms of his physicality in it. Generally flailing of the feet looks great for this kind of jump but it's not a natural motion: you have to intentionally do it and make it look good.

you're the man Tom, you're the man

giphy.gif

"He's human" made me laugh but crazy lifestyle aside, the dude is like some kind of force of nature when it comes to shit like this. I don't think I've seen a Tom Cruise movie where he's not putting everything into it, especially when it's an action movie. I'm glad it sounds like only a minor injury, hopefully he does know his limits so he doesn't wind up seriously hurting himself. His dedication is beyond impressive.

Top Bottom