• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HEY! C'MON C'MON: It's the Giga Powered Neo Geo Appreciation Thread

Teknoman

Yeah he sent me a video of all the stuff being packed a little while ago, which was kind of a surprise. Most of the time if people do go that far, they just send a picture or two.

Yeah he sent me a video of all the stuff being packed a little while ago, which was kind of a surprise. Most of the time if people do go that far, they just send a picture or two.

Don't worry about it, you will be fine. Mine shipped from Arcadeworks. Need to track down controllers now.

I am going to be interviewing the person that makes the Omega CMVS for a Gaiden episode of Back in my Play. Let me know if you guys have any questions for him or about the Neo Geo.

IrishNinja

oh man...i'd be interested in hearing how he started up, was able to produce something as similar to the AES form factor, etc.

also, any personal want list he might have for stuff he's searching for to bring a unit down from $500, haha! for real though, the analogue one is classy but i really like what the Omega goes for.

spoonman

Banned
MY USA NEO•GEO SPINES + Links to cover scans:

More Neo pics at original SpooNMan Neo•Geo Webpage

Pictures sourced from Videogameobsession
ms2_powfireball.gif

**for some reason the code became really screwed up when I tried to edit something small and now all of the links on the spines just link the same pictures instead of the insert scans. Weird!! :( **

I am going to be interviewing the person that makes the Omega CMVS for a Gaiden episode of Back in my Play. Let me know if you guys have any questions for him or about the Neo Geo.

Does he have any shady stories about NG scene? I vaguely remember a $30K fake Aero Fighters 3 that made headlines a while back.

yeah, how many times did that Neo Geo Freaks d-bag try to sell him Sengoku 4

Does he have any shady stories about NG scene? I vaguely remember a $30K fake Aero Fighters 3 that made headlines a while back.

Wow, those are some old neo-geo.com stories! Will ask about it.

In the meantime, I have beefed my library back up with purchases of the following in the last 24 hours:

KoF 98
Metal Slug
Sam Show II
Soccer Brawl
Windjammers
2 AES Sticks

to go along with the MVS carts I had not sold when I got back from Japan and had to pay vet bills... Magical Drop 2, World Heroes 2 Jet, Fatal Fury Special

IrishNinja

^nice, man! so jelly....if you don't mind my asking, what'd you catch Windjammers for? that gem seems hard to find lately.

^nice, man! so jelly....if you don't mind my asking, what'd you catch Windjammers for? that gem seems hard to find lately.

Not in the US, international ebay auctions. $125 shipped. Just would rather buy it and not have to keep looking for a copy. My buddy is dying to play it.

Windjammers is a classic, lol. Wasn't aware the price was so high these days, but I suppose that's to be expected with the GB hype.

IrishNinja

yeah, i loved my time with it on neorageX, despite shuri's alarmist post i think i'm gonna be cool waiting on MVS collection in '15, hopefully some stuff like that one mellows down a bit by then?

woodypop

There are times when I'm tempted to acquire an AES system, but boy is it an expensive system to get into. It's even harder to justify considering I already have decent MVS and CD collections. But some of these recent pictures make it crazy tempting!

(Funny thing is, I already have Magician Lord and Sam Shodown II AES carts waiting in the wings.)

blurrygil

Subbed.

This thread makes me sad I offloaded my 4-slot MVS so many moons ago. I have a fantastic arcade collection (nearly all Golden Era sans a SFII CE'), but I really do miss my MVS. Got it for only 400 like, 10 yrs ago, with 4 games tossed in. Worked great, just some browning on the screen (which with my knowledge now, I could easily correct).

I have a pretty solid NGP collection, however. I think I've got all of the colors, loose systems of course.

Teknoman

I say ask if he planned to make any omega sticks or pads in the AES or CD style. Since his Omega is stylized after an AES, it would be great to see Omega controllers too.

with the AI you're basically paying extra for the materials and construction. It's nice that they also handle their own custom sticks, although the Omega will also soon have its own sticks. Those will apparently be USB, and will work with the Omega through the use of an adapter. Anyways, either would be an excellent purchase. I bought the Omega because I was OK with the more traditional console construction and I wanted it immediately as opposed to 3 months from the order date.

IrishNinja

yeah, i love the look of the analogue sticks, but i'd have to go with black personally since AES was, and i adore woodgrain but it only makes sense to me for atari/systems of that era. what's the quality of the old AES sticks though? they always looked great to me.

spoonman

Banned
yeah, i love the look of the analogue sticks, but i'd have to go with black personally since AES was, and i adore woodgrain but it only makes sense to me for atari/systems of that era. what's the quality of the old AES sticks though? they always looked great to me.

The wood Analogue NG systems look "unique", but they don't hold a candle to how the original AES system looks. It was perfect the way they made it and it still looks perfect.

both are unibios, RGB etc as i read it, so $100 aside, it's just form factor you're looking at, no?

Yeah, I guess I hadn't realized the only difference was the outer construction of the system. Definitely interested in picking up one of them with an RGB cable for my XRGBmini though.

Neither of them come with a controller, do they?

My Omega is going to be here today, sadly my AES stick arrives tomorrow. Either way should have some pics of it running via RGB through the XRGB Framemeister today.

Jamix012

I know this may be frowned upon in a collection thread, but there are a multitude of SNK compilations for the Wii. Can anyone vouch for the quality of emulation on these?

Metal Slug Anthology
SNK Arcade Classics V1
KOF Collection - Orochi Saga
Samurai Shodown Anthology

I eventually want to dip into Neo Geo collecting, but can't really afford to and was wondering how these stacked up? Bar loading times are there any emulation glitches?

I know this may be frowned upon in a collection thread, but there are a multitude of SNK compilations for the Wii. Can anyone vouch for the quality of emulation on these?

Metal Slug Anthology
SNK Arcade Classics V1
KOF Collection - Orochi Saga
Samurai Shodown Anthology

I eventually want to dip into Neo Geo collecting, but can't really afford to and was wondering how these stacked up? Bar loading times are there any emulation glitches?

Metal Slug Anthology is an atrocity if you care about authenticity. Real shame.
KOF Collection and Sam Sho Anthology are both phenomenal.
Haven't played SNK Arcade Classics V1.

Jamix012

Metal Slug Anthology is an atrocity if you care about authenticity. Real shame.
KOF Collection and Sam Sho Anthology are both phenomenal.
Haven't played SNK Arcade Classics V1.

Thanks for this. What exactly is wrong with the Wii Version of Metal Slug Anthology? I heard the PS2 version has stupid loading times and slow down but I thought that was improved upon greatly in the Wii Version?

Thanks for this. What exactly is wrong with the Wii Version of Metal Slug Anthology? I heard the PS2 version has stupid loading times and slow down but I thought that was improved upon greatly in the Wii Version?

They removed the hit flash on all the bosses.

They removed the hit flash on all the bosses.

Other than hitflash being removed, there's no "proper" control method on the Wii version. CC is incompatible, and the Wii-specific inputs require waggle to throw grenade. You can use the GCN controller, but only the analog stick works for movement (no d-pad allowed). As a result, if you have a Hori GBP controller or GCN arcade stick or any other digital-based directional input, it won't work.

The VC version of MS and MS2 are much better, but hitflash was gone from those as well. Probably a Nintendo mandate I'd imagine, in this post-Pokemon seizure world.

Teknoman

Mine shipped today as well, cant wait!

Whats the verdict on those 161 in 1 mvs carts? Accuracy/glitches? The seller included one with the system.

Also anyone ever buy something from jamma nation X.

robot

Just a friendly reminder - in addition to Windjammers, every NG owner should have a copy of Baseball Stars 2 in their library.

Yes Boss!

Just a friendly reminder - in addition to Windjammers, every NG owner should have a copy of Baseball Stars 2 in their library.

Most of the low meg games from the first couple years are better than the later titles. Also, Nam-1975 is an essential title that should be in every collection. Top title in the catalog.

Whats the verdict on those 161 in 1 mvs carts? Accuracy/glitches? The seller included one with the system.

I remember having issues with that cart in my 4-slot. Resetting, freezing, saying it was a bootleg, etc. Should be fine on the 1-slot board through. The games seemed to run fine, I just HATE having multicarts and just a huge list of games. Focusing on one game at a time seems to be more my style.

robot

Yea, ordered from JNX a few times and even had him build me a custom adapter for my Sega STV. James is a top notch guy - very friendly and does quality work.

Teknoman

I remember having issues with that cart in my 4-slot. Resetting, freezing, saying it was a bootleg, etc. Should be fine on the 1-slot board through. The games seemed to run fine, I just HATE having multicarts and just a huge list of games. Focusing on one game at a time seems to be more my style.

Yea, ordered from JNX a few times and even had him build me a custom adapter for my Sega STV. James is a top notch guy - very friendly and does quality work.

bought an MV-1C w/ unibios from them a few years ago. You should have no problems.

Cool, was thinking about getting a refurbished Neo Geo controller from him later on. And yeah, i'm not really one to want a multi cart, but for now it seems like a decent way to check out games i'm not sure about. I'm definitely going to go for a full Metal Slug MVS set. Shock Troopers series, King of Monsters 2, etc.

Honestly its like buying a load of games at once. You never know what to focus on, and I find it better just to buy 2-3 or so at once.

Yes Boss!

A lot of the game on the multicart are buggy (the Metal Slugs and Strikers, for example), and there are a bunch of junk variations of fighters. But a couple of gems on there. I'd say it is worth it to check out some games. I tend to use it as my Andro Dunos, Pulstar and Blazing Star and Zed Blade player.

IrishNinja

A lot of the game on the multicart are buggy (the Metal Slugs and Strikers, for example), and there are a bunch of junk variations of fighters. But a couple of gems on there. I'd say it is worth it to check out some games. I tend to use it as my Andro Dunos, Pulstar and Blazing Star and Zed Blade player.

aren't there a few different multicarts? is this true for all of them? man it'd be great to see a well put together one.

Whats the verdict on those 161 in 1 mvs carts? Accuracy/glitches? The seller included one with the system..

Well they are considered piracy so dont flaunt it too much around here.

Gameplaywise should be ok, some games out of the 161 might not boot up at all. Half of the contents are fun Rainbow Editions of fighting games that are good for tournament play :p

Top Bottom