• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima has officially left Konami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athreous

First of, close if old, it's from 32 minutes ago though =p

"Earlier it was reported that Kojima was going to create his own studio and planning on forming his own. Polygon reported, Kojima was “in talks with PlayStation maker Sony Computer Entertainment,” according to Polygon. They received this information from Japan’s Nikkei.

According to GameSpot, “A new translation of the Nikkei article suggests that Hideo Kojima is not in fact in discussions to form a new Sony studio. Rather, the report appears to claim he’s launching a new studio of his own with other former Kojima Productions staffers and is in negotiations with Sony to have their first game debut on PlayStation. No further details about Kojima’s next game are available.”

It is nice to know that Hideo Kojima has finally left Konami. He was having trouble with Konami. According to Polygon, they “removed Kojima Productions’ branding fromMetal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain promotional materials.” Additionally, at The Game Awards Kojima wasn’t allowed to participate at the event.

Now he finally start his own studio, and lead to him creating his next great game."

Sources:

http://www.gamespresso.com/2015/12/15/hideo-kojima-forming-new-studio/

http://www.gamespark.jp/article/2015/12/16/62538.html

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Glad he finally came back from Vacation.

Can't wait for what's next from him. Hopefully the wait won't be too too long.

MGS3.jpg

Athreous

I really hope that now maybe we'll be able to see something new, maybe some kind of P.T., change the name, add new characters, new town... but please, make it happen!

End of an era. All the best Hideo.

It blew my mind to see he hasn't directed a non-Metal Gear game since Policenauts. Would be amazing to see him spread his wings with all the new technology and resources and philosophies that have popped up in gaming since then.

It would be good to see him go independent and to be able to benefit from leveraging multiple platforms. Creators with track records shouldn't lock themselves down, IMO.

TalonJH

End of an era. All the best Hideo.

It blew my mind to see he hasn't directed a non-Metal Gear game since Policenauts. Would be amazing to see him spread his wings with all the new technology and resources and philosophies that have popped up in gaming since then.

What was his role on Zone of Enders?

Edit: Credit was producer / designer.

Eusis

Honestly, I'm kind of stupefied that they even acknowledged that and didn't just insist for the rest of their existence that he was "on vacation."

Matty77

Can't wait to see if he can recapture some of his former glory now that he isn't giving us dimishing returns on a series he wanted to quit four games before Konami fired his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom