• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima has officially left Konami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingV

I don't get all the shitting on Kojima for his budget in MGS5.

His game was expensive, but its not like it was the most expensive ever.

If a console manufacturer could throw $100 million at a developer to grow share, move consoles, and potentially create an IP to rival the biggest IPs in gaming, the list of potential developers that have pedigree that suggests they can do that is really short.

Kojima is definitely somewhere on that list.

Does anyone have a translation of that GameSpark article or does it literally just have a confirmation of Kojima leaving Konami without any sort of quoted statement from the latter?

OK Kojima. Call Junji and get going on Silent Knolls.

Anyway, I hope he does something much brighter and far from MGS. But please bring back the almighty bosses his team is famous for. Maybe a colorful NeoTokyo kinda setting. No more awful brown. Make wacky stories but with more anime type fun. Lighten up. And please Junji Ito in some way!

Kojima+ Junji ito + Neotokyo

AmyS

Ultra Games was a publishing label of Konami during the NES days. They released Metal Gear on the NES and Snakes Revenge as well as other titles. Unless I missed the joke myself. =P

Yup.

XPMBxtd.jpg

0dzEL7q.jpg

Nameless

Going to Sony is a better choice than going to Microsoft and Nintendo. Of course, it will be best if he could develop his own studio and still make AAA games.

While part of me shares the impulse to want to see Kojima continue making these grand, big budget games, he did recently put out a free horror puzzler that restricted players to a hallway and it's one of the more compelling experiences of the generation thus far. Indie, AAA, Mid-tier, VR. He'll crap gold whatever he decides to do.

soundpross

Neo Member
damn kojima looks like he was held captive with that beard. good to see him have the support he needs to get the games he wants to make come out.

1) Holy crap Andrew House with dat Japanese. I'm curious if he knows some or if he just put a lot of effort into pronunciation with the script.

2) No shave Kojima is best Kojima God damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom