• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima tweets: "What I prepared minutely spending a year became meaningless."

Rentahamster said:
The thing that I spent one year delicately preparing became meaningless

I can't take it anymore (this is unbearable), I can't say positive.
Well damn. That certainly doesn't sound good. Could even be another exodus ala Inafking.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nirolak said:
Duckroll pointed something out.

The Kojima/Suda51 adventure game also started one year ago: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401476

Thank you!

Hmm... that's be interesting if it was canceled.

POWERSPHERE said:
Twitter, eh.

Kojima's accounts are official, and at times he can be very intimate about game development (go back to around the time Peace Walker was being made and how he knew the US/EU players could/would-n't use adhoc so he designed around a "solo"-able experince, which didn't pan out too well), it's nice. But then you get things like this where he doesn't complete thoughts and people start to speculate.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
thechemist said:
Could it be related to Snake Eater 3ds? Because that was announced about a year ago iirc.

I sure hope not. That's the first game that made me amazed at what the 3DS is capable of.

Haunted said:
He saw LA Noire and realised how weak his own project's facial animation was in comparison.

It's the only explanation.

That, or maybe he worked on a trophy patch for MGS4 and Konami didn't let him finish it! Damn you, Konami!

Ratrat

TheSeks said:
No? That _EN account uses a translation software device or something. Mikami uses similar to make tweets for his English speaking followers.

Anyway, the sound of the tweets to me is: "The thing I've been working closely on for a year has stopped. I can't be happy nor can I be sad about it."

I think he was slightly too involved with his projected new game, Konami shot it down (not a MGS game I guess), and he wasn't too far into development other than it being deeply planned in his head to where he isn't disappointed (at not having invested so much into it) but is as at the time (for "investing" too much time into it personally).
this is so wrong.

Rentahamster translated it best.

daffy

Banned
Nirolak said:
Duckroll pointed something out.

The Kojima/Suda51 adventure game also started one year ago: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401476
They started an adventure game? And a graphic adventure game at that?

Well that sucks if this is that project. Graphic adventure though..
Ratrat said:
this is so wrong.

Rentahamster translated it best.
The translation in my head was worse, I only know basic Japanese lol

Feindflug

He sounds really disappointed...this is not good. :(

Hopefully this has nothing to do with Rising, the Suda/Kojima game or ZoE3.

EatChildren said:
Leave Konami.

Join Platinum.

Expand size.

Become God company of forever.

Do it Hideo!

IrishNinja

...oh.

i would honestly rather lose MGS rising than the Suda51 joint-project. fuck, even knowing nothing about his Devil game got me excited, cause its been so long since he got to work on a new IP.

Jarmel

Banned
Wow looks like something got canned. Isn't Hideo one of the VPs at Konami now? How bad was the game to get the can?

Suzzopher

Jarmel said:
Wow looks like something got canned. Isn't Hideo one of the VPs at Konami now? How bad was the game to get the can?

Bad games aren't the only games to get canned. Financially non-viable games are the bigger casualty this gen.

zlatko

Banned
Jarmel said:

If that new Suda game is anything to go by, then it must have been fuck awful. It was probably a game where you play as a Box sent to hell to save his box girlfriend from being lit on fire. His weapons are of course dildos and the lead character was to be voiced by Rosie O Donnel.

You put one guy with a silly/crazy streak(Kojima) in a room with a total crack job(Suda), and you basically just get Suda calling the shots to make some awful project no one would like.

:D

zlatko said:
If that new Suda game is anything to go by, then it must have been fuck awful. It was probably a game where you play as a Box sent to hell to save his box girlfriend from being lit on fire. His weapons are of course dildos and the lead character was to be voiced by Rosie O Donnel.

You put one guy with a silly/crazy streak(Kojima) in a room with a total crack job(Suda), and you basically just get Suda calling the shots to make some awful project no one would like.

what blasphemy. Suda51 is amazing and Shadows of the Damned sounds like one of the most bossest as fuck boss muthafucka boss games ever.

I'd rather play that than MGS5: Drebin brought Flowers or something. MGS needs to die. Snake should have just pulled the damn trigger.

so1337 said:
Time to leave Konami, Kojima.

That would be amazing.

zlatko said:

Get the fuck outta here with that mess.

Jarmel

Banned
Suzzopher said:
Bad games aren't the only games to get canned. Financially non-viable games are the bigger casualty this gen.

Yea but this is Kojima. His name alone is a game-seller. Something must have been horribly off for the game to get the boot. Not to mention he's pretty high up so it seems he would have gotten some indicators whether the company was going to go ahead or not.

Looks like he's doomed to a life of Metal Gear sequels.

zlatko

Banned
Discotheque said:
what blasphemy. Suda51 is amazing and Shadows of the Damned sounds like the most bossest as fuck boss muthafucka boss games ever.

I'd rather play that than MGS5: Drebin brought Flowers or something. MGS needs to die. Snake should have just pulled the damn trigger.

What if the new game had been ZOE3 or Snatcher sequel? Shadows look like a generic gameplay game trying to coast into a "unique" experience slot by tons of crazy ass gimmicky shit. Suda doesn't strike me as a perfectionist or someone who likes to nail detail in his games. He's like the Lady Gaga of the game industry----tons of flash and random shit to distract you from the fact he's just average at what he does, but people eat it up anyway since they can't see through the crazy train.

daffy

Banned
Discotheque said:
Take it back. Or I'll insult Shit of the Dumpster Shadows of the Damned!!

I bet it was a Snatcher spiritual successor for the modern generation. Which we all know would've turn out looking something like NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams for the Wii. We don't need that kind of crap in our lives.

zlatko said:
What if the new game had been ZOE3 or Snatcher sequel? Shadows look like a generic gameplay game trying to coast into a "unique" experience slot by tons of crazy ass gimmicky shit. Suda doesn't strike me as a perfectionist or someone who likes to nail detail in his games. He's like the Lady Gaga of the game industry----tons of flash and random shit to distract you from the fact he's just average at what he does, but people eat it up anyway since they can't see through the crazy train.

SOMEONE HOLD ME BACK. SOMEONE HOLD ME BACK!

zlatko

Banned
Night_Trekker said:
SOMEONE HOLD ME BACK. SOMEONE HOLD ME BACK!

201316_1485279390938_1802490043_903051_4490936_o.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Reminds me of those emo people who post depressive statuses on facebook, but never can tell you what they are so depressed about.

I hope he comes clear in the future, else it was pointless to let his fans know what could have been.

Solidino

IT means

"Sorry folks, but Mother Konami says me to give up the Ogre Project and focus on MGS5. It's a hard sacrifice for me doing this for others 9 poorly zero on my bank account. So don't worry for me, i'm fine!!! I'm rich after all!!

thuway said:
If Hirai isn't on the phone with this man, I don't know what the hell is wrong with Sony.

Shh, they are going to bust out Kojima, Nomura and Takahashi Meijin at the end of the conference saying 'They are part of Sony now' and there would be much rejoicing.

. . .and even more massive development cycles from Japan.

godhandiscen said:
Reminds me of those emo people who post depressive statuses on facebook, but never can tell you what they are so depressed about.

I have to admit that in some sick way, the idea of Kojima not getting his way is oddly satisfying. I've always gotten the feeling he gets what he wants over at Konami.

But I don't want to see a new project disappear, especially if it's a non-MGS IP :/

Haunted

Dascu said:
If this is the case, then I would expect a similar tweet from Suda in the coming days.
"The nightmare that started a year ago is finally over"

"I cannot remain quiet, it is so positive"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP KOJIMA. I'M GOING CRAAAAAAAAZY !!!!!!!!!!!111

zlatko

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP KOJIMA. I'M GOING CRAAAAAAAAZY !!!!!!!!!!!111

When did production of Rising begin? I assume he still had some involvement with the game, so is there a chance he is referring to Rising being canned especially with all that voice actor interview business in the other thread?

zlatko said:
When did production of Rising begin? I assume he still had some involvement with the game, so is there a chance he is referring to Rising being canned especially with all that voice actor interview business in the other thread?

He's observing from afar on Rising I believe. He's gone out of his way to say that its being made by younger people.

Even so far as walking out with the new director for Rising at Microsofts conference, taking the claps, fucking off quickly and appearing on the Sony stage the following day, effectively saying that Peace Walker was MGS5.

Rising probably begun production shortly after MGS4.

Top Bottom