• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High budget first party PS3 title canceled - OR NOT See #211

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
If it is, in fact, Warhawk, that will be disappointing...but it did seem to be taking some negative turns. The game should NOT have been aiming for ground combat. The game needed to stay in the skies, as far as I'm concerned. They were aiming too high with it and I don't believe that is the type of game Incog excels at. They are at their best when focusing on a singular concept and making it awesome.

Second said:
Maybe it's Afrika? That's the most obvious choice.

The game seems pretty expensive to make and no one will buy it. Except us Gaffers. :lol

But it has all the cards to become a AAA innovative game. If Afrika has been cancelled, I have to wait till White Knight Story or FFXIII before to buy a PS3.

jjasper

Can we change it so the article states that they found development on the PS3 just too hard so we can see the response? You know if we did it would make it IGN with the headline "Sony finds PS3 too difficult to program" or something.

Wollan

rage1973 said:
First cancellation of Gran Turismo and now this does not bode well for beginning of Sony's first party offering for PS3.

They didn't drop material or work for GT. They simply wanted it to be GT5 from the go and not a in between project released in 07.

Spreading the FUD!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
rage1973 said:
First cancellation of Gran Turismo and now this does not bode well for beginning of Sony's first party offering for PS3.
what the hell? the cancellation of GTHD was a good thing.

this thread is nutz! :lol

Doom_Bringer said:
SCEA IS DEAD. It died when Phil Harrison took over! now all their divisions are known as SCE or something like that
SCEA is still running, so is SCEE, so is SCEI, and so on. They are all just in one huge conglomeration now, but that doesnt mean they "died". SCEA is still SCEA.

JB1981 said:
i thought warhawk looked really cool, hope it's not cancelled

Last I hear, it was going in the direction of seeing a very stripped down release. That'd honestly make more sense than an all out cancellation, given how much has already been invested and completed.

Ponn01 said:
Given the usual hype and melodrama of internet news sleuths the "high profile" game is probably Eye of Judgement.

Off-topic . . . but who can excited about playing a CARD GAME on their new $600 uber-console? Things like that should be little download games as they are on XBLA.

Maybe it is another one of those 'Japanese things' that I just don't understand.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AltogetherAndrews said:
So *it* was canned altogether? What I heard, if this is about *it*, sounded a lot more plausible, but that was a while ago.

SPILL IT.

And who do you work for?

Jeff-DSA said:
I didn't write it, but I can vouch for the rumor. I know the source, I know the title and studio, and I know what's going to happen.

The reason things aren't being revealed yet is to protect sources, and more importantly, sources' jobs.

Fair enough. FWIW, I just hate Comic Sans almost as much as I hate Sony.

Doom_Bringer said:
sad-sad-stringer.jpg

Is he sweating or crying? . . . . . . or both? :D

I am telling you people its HEAVENLY SWORD. The game has been in development for 4 years! All they have shown is a tech demo set in the "arena." The game was MIA at TGS and at CES (Lair was there), and the studio (NT) keeps releasing artwork instead of actual screens or movies. I think the project is dead or in trouble (costs $30 mill)

speculawyer said:
Off-topic . . . but who can excited about playing a CARD GAME on their new $600 uber-console? Things like that should be little download games as they are on XBLA.

Maybe it is another one of those 'Japanese things' that I just don't understand.

Well...it's far from an ordinary card game. It's shtick is that it utilizes augmented reality for gameplay.

antiloop

What I wonder though is (if it's Warhawk) how could they keep this project up for this long?

Sony what are you doing? You need to control your projects more!

Jeff-DSA

PotatoeMasher said:
Fair enough. FWIW, I just hate Comic Sans almost as much as I hate Sony.

Well, I don't write for the site, so I don't have a say in their choice of fonts. But yeah, the rumor is legit.

Ponn

Banned
speculawyer said:

Culdcept Saga will kick your ass.

Doom_Bringer said:
I am telling you people its HEAVENLY SWORD. The game has been in development for 4 years! All they have shown is a tech demo set in the "arena." The game was MIA at TGS and at CES (Lair was there), and the studio (NT) keeps releasing artwork instead of actual screens or movies. I think the project is dead or in trouble (costs $30 mill)

Have you ever been right about anything? Honest question.

Doom_Bringer said:

:lol :lol :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Doom_Bringer said:
What if I told you that you were wrong?

jjasper said:
Can we change it so the article states that they found development on the PS3 just too hard so we can see the response? You know if we did it would make it IGN with the headline "Sony finds PS3 too difficult to program" or something.

How about:
"Over 99 titles in development for PS3"
- Phil Harrison

Dante

Doom_Bringer said:

Your out of your mind.

FtsH

Doom_Bringer said:

then i'm selling my PS3......

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AltogetherAndrews said:
Have you ever been right about anything? Honest question.

I just can't believe they'd have this much trouble with this game. If they cut out the ground sections, they'd effectively have a next-gen version of the original game...wonder where the problem went with that. That can't be a major design problem.

Foil

I hope it isn't Warhawk. The air combat looked really good in the early stuff we saw. They just need to cut out the crappy ground stuff. Maybe it'll have a Crimson Skies like turn around.

Can't be Afrika since it's one of Sony's big guns for 2007.

359770315_423f460ec4.jpg

Believe.

Forsete

Gold Member
Dommy.. Dommie listen to me. Its NOT Heavenly Sword. :)
There has been recent coverage on the game from various magazines.

rage1973

Wollan said:
They didn't drop material or work for GT. They simply wanted it to be GT5 from the go and not a in between project released in 07.

Spreading the FUD!
How is what I stated FUD? The game was suppose to be released with downloadable content and with full list of tracks and cars from GT4 and it would have been enough to appease GT fans until the real version of GT5 game out. Now we just have the demo with basic bone content. I ran through the demo 10 times and I am already bored of driving the same track after 2 days of playing.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If its Warhawk, I blame Jaffe. Man went and got himself a big hit with GoW and now he wants to put a bug in Incog's ear about doing high-concept games, split their attention in too many directions and just take them away from what they do well. You suck, Jaffe.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
rage1973 said:
How is what I stated FUD? The game was suppose to be released with downloadable content and with full list of tracks and cars from GT4 and it would have been enough to appease GT fans until the real version of GT5 game out. Now we just have the demo with basic bone content. I ran through the demo 10 times and I am already bored of driving the same track after 2 days of playing.
Read this thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131700

GTHD being cancelled was a good thing. GT5 please.

kaching said:
If its Warhawk, I blame Jaffe. Man went and got himself a big hit with GoW and now he wants to put a bug in Incog's ear about doing high-concept games, split their attention in too many directions and just take them away from what they do well. You suck, Jaffe.

Cake Hole.

JB1981

Foil said:
I hope it isn't Warhawk. The air combat looked really good in the early stuff we saw. They just need to cut out the crappy ground stuff. Maybe it'll have a Crimson Skies like turn around.

Can't be Afrika since it's one of Sony's big guns for 2007.

359770315_423f460ec4.jpg

Believe.
:lol :lol :lol

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I just can't believe they'd have this much trouble with this game. If they cut out the ground sections, they'd effectively have a next-gen version of the original game...wonder where the problem went with that. That can't be a major design problem.

More like management problems, or so it'd seem.

antiloop

rage1973 said:

Now we may get GT5 before 2009. It's a good thing.

Top Bottom