• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High budget first party PS3 title canceled - OR NOT See #211

Twix

I bet it’ Warhawk..it’s the only first party title that looks like crap .. edit:besides Untold Legend which is out.

I am telling you people its HEAVENLY SWORD. The game has been in development for 4 years! All they have shown is a tech demo set in the "arena." The game was MIA at TGS and at CES (Lair was there), and the studio (NT) keeps releasing artwork instead of actual screens or movies. I think the project is dead or in trouble (costs $30 mill)

I doubt that.. the game already has plenty of eager gamers who wants to play it, and it’s been considered as one of the most important titles for the PS3 in 2007..Sony will lose alot of momentum if they cancelled it..

also the rumor indicates that the game in trouble is a first party title, Heavenly Sword is a 2nd party title.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Razoric said:

:lol :lol :lol

And also, I'm not implying anything. I just find it funny now that people have disowned Warhawk based on this rumor when it used to be such a darling. Reminds me a bit of the GAF hype cycle for Red Steel.

If GAF has always hated on Warhawk, then I guess I'm outta the loop.

lt'd really suck if it was outright cancelled just because of management issues; a lot of work was obviously put into the game, and I could actually see it being successful in the field where stripped down stuff roams, especially as a sixaxis showcase.

Wollan

Anyone who has played the TGS demo can testify that the game is very good looking. Endless draw distance, a ton of stuff happening without a hickup, ultra clean image and so forth.

Haunted

DarienA said:
Well Eights Days is a SCE London product... Warhawk however... is being published by SCEA, developed by Incog.
And I wouldn't call 8 days a major release anyway. Warhawk was pimped more prominently + weren't there rumours that there were some internal problems with the project already? If this rumour turns out to be true, Warhawk seems a likely candidate.

kevm3

I'm sick of these sites using ambiguity. Just tell us the freaking game.

"Secret insider source confirms Sony game canceled!"

It's agitating.

Could it be the Naughty Dog game? Ever since the founders left the company ND seems to be having problems, they even outsourced Daxter to a smaller dev... not to mention the graphics of their next project don't look that hot. Maybe the canceled the jungle game and went back to the Jak universe, I think the next game is a MMORPG?

raYne

chespace said:
:lol :lol :lol

And also, I'm not implying anything. I just find it funny now that people have disowned Warhawk based on this rumor when it used to be such a darling. Reminds me a bit of the GAF hype cycle for Red Steel.

If GAF has always hated on Warhawk, then I guess I'm outta the loop.
It's not suddenly. A lot of people weren't impressed by it.

Scale was always used as the counterargument.

"You can fly anywhere, land and run around on-foot whenever you want." etc.

Doom_Bringer said:
Could it be the Naughty Dog game? Ever since the founders left the company ND seems to be having problems, they even outsourced Daxter to a smaller dev... not to mention the graphics of their next project don't look that hot. Maybe the canceled the jungle game and went back to the Jak universe, I think the next game is a MMORPG?

You moran! :D

get-a-brain-morans.jpg

Majmun

Maybe the getaway 3?
Maybe GT5?
Maybe Ratchet and Clank 4?

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

This article does suck. Just name tha game and don't let us speculate.

Twix

Doom_Bringer said:

oh man now I get it :lol :lol :lol

Paladin69

Forsete said:
Sad to hear about WH.. Was looking forward to it.

And you'll still get it. Read the bolds. The game is not cancelled, it's just moving to the download service, albeit a lot less levels though you can imagine.

Forsete

Gold Member
Paladin69 said:
And you'll still get it. Read the bolds. The game is not cancelled, it's just moving to the download service, albeit a lot less levels though you can imagine.

I wanted the full thing though (massive world etc). But I guess thats the next best thing. :) Lets hope for the best.

kevm3 said:
I'm sick of these sites using ambiguity. Just tell us the freaking game.

"Secret insider source confirms Sony game canceled!"

It's agitating.

Well, if you had followed any discussion over the past few months regarding PS3 first party games in trouble (including a number of people who might know some stuff hinting towards development/management trouble), you'd know it's Warhawk.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Doom_Bringer said:
And as of right now, there’s only four missions in the game and online multi-player isn’t even guaranteed
It hardly fits the description. Seriously, just read the whole post again. Naughty Dog's game doesn't fit in at all.

When will we hear some good news on the Sony front? Gees, it is sort of sad to hear all of this about the king of video games for the last 10 years.

reminder said:
Seems that it is Warhawk... which is very sad imo! This Video made me want this game so badly. :(

There you go. Warhawk has multiplayer (its featured the duration of this video). Without a doubt, the game they are refering to is Warhawk. Now whether the rumor is true or not is another situation altogether.

jjasper

underfooter said:
When will we hear some good news on the Sony front? Gees, it is sort of sad to hear all of this about the king of video games for the last 10 years.

To a lot of people it makes them want to go sing and dance in the streets.

Edit: The news sucks though I was really looking forward to Warhawk.

Moderation Unlimited said:
There you go. Warhawk has multiplayer (its featured the duration of this video). Without a doubt, the game they are refering to is Warhawk. Now whether the rumor is true or not is another situation altogether.

Cancellation? Not based on what I've heard. Stripped down digital distribution release, few levels and no SP? Sounds likely. And hell, it might become somewhat of a PSN and sixaxis showcase title.

Blablurn

underfooter said:

This is exactly what i was thinking. It's tough be a sony fanboy in these days! :///

dark10x said:
It hardly fits the description. Seriously, just read the whole post again. Naughty Dog's game doesn't fit in at all.

They showed 4 different jungle parts in the original trailer and confirmed it had multiplayer....

Paladin69

Forsete said:
I wanted the full thing though (massive world etc). But I guess thats the next best thing. :) Lets hope for the best.

I hope I'm not infringing on trust here by saying this, but I've heard the same thing too. It is indeed warhawk and the level count has been reduced to 4 levels for download.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Jeff-DSA said:
Well, I don't write for the site, so I don't have a say in their choice of fonts. But yeah, the rumor is legit.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you hear the PSN download thing too?

lorddct

Yea most likely warhawk.

The guy looks like the person who presented it at E3. Probably due to the fact they couldn't settle on how they wanted the game and constantly scratching their ideas.

The fact they wanted both a flyer and some sort of shooter must have killed them. The developers at the show didn't seem to know where they wanted the game to go. Though at E3 the game did have multiplayer so if they just put it on as a PSN title with free multiplayer that would be awesome. The game was in much needed optimization and realism to the flying but it had potential. I wish they didn't even try to add the foot battles.

Aside from that I can't think of a big title that is being canned especially from SCEA. Unless it's a sports title.

jarrod

Banned
elostyle said:
Can we get a list of SCEA titles?

Is heavenly sword one?
Nope... currently under SCEA supervision is...

-Gretzky NHL (Page 44 Studios)
-MLB '07: The Show (Sony Studios San Diego)
-New Project (Naughty Dog Software)
-New Project (Sucker Punch)
-Rachet & Clank (Insomniac Games)
-SOCOM: US Navy SEALs (Zipper Interactive)
-Warhawk (Incog Inc)

...though it may be an unannounced project entirely.

Top Bottom