• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hilary Goldstein, IGN 360 Editor , Bashes Xbox 360

aeolist

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
You could never understand the level of frustrating that comes from living in a nation, being very opinionated when it comes to politics, yet not have the right to vote. Yet.
Don't worry, it's like that for every angsty 14 year old.

Xisiqomelir said:
Must download, this sounds too OTT to be real.

It's completely true. I have every 3RL podcast because I'm an IGN whore and I love those guys and this is absolutely nothing new for Hilary or 3RL or the IGN 360 site. They will crap on anything they think sucks about any system. I personally think he's wrong, but Hil's my man and I'll support him.

Wait, this is from last week's podcast? Pfft, I heard this already. I thought there was a new 3RL podcast out. :(

I'd be angry at the world too if my name was Hilary.

Perhaps he was just playing devil's advocate with the system, god knows that the more level headed at us get annoyed at our 'precious' once in a while. How sad would you have to be to love a console unconditionally, for fucks sake its just a platform to play the awesome-sauce games that developers put out there for us.

traveler

Not Wario
AltogetherAndrews said:
Some region in Europe where polar bears almost roam

Only reason I ask is that my German teacher mentioned the exact same thing the other day. He said we wouldn't believe how much more interested in politics the people he knew back home were than the people around here. I take it you're not German, by any chance? (And this isn't off-topic at all. :lol )

aeolist

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Judging by the comically low voter turn-out in this nation, I'm not sure that's even statistically correct.
It is. You'll just become automatically apathetic as soon as you reach voting age.

le.phat

'kay lets get this show on the road!

i'll kick off.

man pissing of editorials when the future already looks pretty aweful, with HDDVD flopping, 360 with a shorter life's expectincy then your everage fart and the fact that 360 hardly has any games left. things sure look bleak!!

i even added grammer errors, somebody has to pick this up for sure!
its grammar, i know

stotch

Banned
sionyboy said:
I'd be angry at the world too if my name was Hilary.

Perhaps he was just playing devil's advocate with the system, god knows that the more level headed at us get annoyed at our 'precious' once in a while. How sad would you have to be to love a console unconditionally, for fucks sake its just a platform to play the awesome-sauce games that developers put out there for us.

I think he was the one who came up with the name 3 red lights. I'm surprised more people aren't bringing up the name. In the middle of the whole rrod thing, the sarcasm on the podcast and the moment of silence were really funny.

tokkun

Seems like the head of the 360 channel would be the ideal person to talk about the console's shortcomings. Would you prefer if it was someone from the Wii or PS3 side?

belvedere

Junior Butler
Mojovonio said:
Should I make a thread about why I think the 360 will come in 3rd?

Should everyone?

Do it!

...though it might get lost in the mix of all the other insider, personal and analyst prediction threads that are allowed though. : (

traveler said:
Only reason I ask is that my German teacher mentioned the exact same thing the other day. He said we wouldn't believe how much more interested in politics the people he knew back home were than the people around here. I take it you're not German, by any chance? (And this isn't off-topic at all. :lol )

Nope, Sweden. I've lived here in the US for like 8 years though, so if you combine a "trained" interest in politics from being raised in a true multi-party system with the troubling politics of the US... yeah, it gets frustrating. Especially seeing how apathetic people are to it here, although considering the complexity of the procedure to elect people from parties that are really not all that different, I guess it's understandable. And I guess there is something to be said for being legitimately exempt from feeling any responsibility for the loony politics here.

But yeah, this is OT with quite the margin.

madmook

They also have a Jeff "Bell", a literal reception/lobby desk bell that a reader donated, and they ring it every time someone pulls a "Jeff Bell" by saying something like "dawg".

DING

No_Style

Odysseus said:
odysseus, neogaf reader, doesn't care

At first, I thought it said "odysseus, neogaf leader, doesn't care".

Downloading the podcast to see what the fuss is all about. This better be good, GAF. I mean, why else would somebody post it here?

Mojovonio

Banned
hilgolstein_ignstarsbio_01boxart_160w.jpg

Those Glasses, they see in to the future!

GO GO HILARY!

donny2112

AltogetherAndrews said:
Judging by the comically low voter turn-out in this nation, I'm not sure that's even statistically correct.

By the time you reach 18, you'll a) realize that you don't have as much free time that you did when you were 14 and then b) decide that it's not often worth taking time out of your own day, when there's so little to begin with, to cast a vote that will likely not make a difference one way or the other. This coming from someone who's voted in just about every fall election since turning 18.

Edit: Oh, you're an immigrant from Sweden. Well just use the above paragraph to understand why there's low voter turnout in the U.S.

aeolist said:
It is. You'll just become automatically apathetic as soon as you reach voting age.

Yeah, there's that, too.

I haven't listened to the 3RL podcast in awhile, but what's up with people not knowing the name Hilary Goldstein? He's only been at IGN for years.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Choke on the Magic said:
Your wish came true. Make another one. Let's see what happens.

Dead prostitute. Hillary Clinton. Liquorice thong. Needle nose pliers. Odd variety of artificial sweeteners. Giant football helmet filled with cottage cheese.

Darkpen

Banned
harSon said:
Everyone seems to be buying into the Sony hype again, reminds me of January 2007...
GDC helped PS3 hype a lot back then (Home and LBP ftw), but this time its something else, something on a far wider and cumulative scale.

Plus, better PS3 US commercials, and some good games coming out :p

Jag22

Banned
I own around 40 360 games and have a GamerScore of over 30,000 points and i'm very close to selling my 360.

In the past 3 months I've been able to play my 360 a total of maybe 4 times. I keep getting a new system, and it just breaks. If my 4th system goes out on me, i'm selling all my 360 games and never touching the system again.

Darkpen

Banned
donny2112 said:
I haven't listened to the 3RL podcast in awhile, but what's up with people not knowing the name Hilary Goldstein? He's only been at IGN for years.
Personally, I've known of Hilary Goldstein, but I didn't know it was a guy until now D:

I mean, sure, Ashley and Kelly are guy names too, but Hilary? Really?

theBishop

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Do a weekly thread on console sales IN YOUR HOUSE!

All the kids love them!

theBishop Usage Musings [1/31-2/6]

Sony:
Took a break from Rockband (drums). Played a ton of Burnout Paradise and Call of Duty 4 on Playstation3. Must get back to Assassin's Creed and Orange Box. Beat Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow on PSP and started Dracula X Chronicles. Been playing Pixel Junk Monsters over remote play while my girlfriend watches TV. HOURS: 12

Microsoft:
Xbox360 has been unplugged since I beat Halo3. Mass Effect is on the shelf, but no ETA when I will get around to it. HOURS: 0

Nintendo:
There are currently no Nintendo consoles in my apartment. Considered picking up a DS for the new Advance Wars, but the slate of upcoming PSP games will keep me busy on the portable front. HOURS: n/a

Hope that helps all you "home analysts" apply my personal experience to your usage prediction threads!

Top Bottom