• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton fights a cough on stage for nearly 4 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
Are people really micro-analyzing this shit, with enhanced gifs and all? Yeah OK it's weird, not sure what those two things are, but... why does anyone care

Please stop, America

Do you sincerely believe that people are going to take this into account when they go to vote? Does anybody care? Or are they just goofing around.

As for the Lozenge theory, how could someone speak with 2 candies in thier mouth unnoticed? I don't see how that's possible.
You can totally talk normally with a couple of cough drops in your month, especially if you've had them in there a few minutes and they've shrunken a bit. Just wedge them up between your upper teeth and lips/cheeks. Try it yourself if you have any cough drops or similar sized candies around. I just did it myself.

It looks like she spat them out in the glass near the beginning of her speech. A couple minutes later she popped another one in her mouth. It really doesn't look like phlegm. You can even see them tumbling in the water like hard objects and not balls of mucus.

Astral Dog

Are people really micro-analyzing this shit, with enhanced gifs and all? Yeah OK it's weird, not sure what those two things are, but... why does anyone care

Please stop, America

This is the candidate to the presidency of the United States of America, do you seriously think people will take this lightly?

As someone who is currently nursing a throat infection (phlegm galore), I feel bad for her having to do all this stuff while sick.
But ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Do you sincerely believe that people are going to take this into account when they go to vote? Does anybody care? Or are they just goofing around.
IDK, people elected Bush twice, and some guy apparently suicided his entire career because he did one goofy yell once. Anything is possible

Anybody who thinks that is phlegm is dumb in many ways, but the specific way I'm thinking of right now is fluid dynamics. Go spit phlegm into a water glass and watch how it behaves. Cmon folks. This is kidnapped YouTube star levels of conspiratorial cycle thinking.
You don't have reptilian sac phlephm like she does.

sE9X5jW.jpg

Enhance!

Swamp gas? Swamp gas.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
We all collectively freaked out over Ted Cruz's booger thing, so I'm not surprised that we're freaking out over this too.

besada

Banned
I'd guess they were pastilles, which is a kind of cough drop with goop in the center of it. So you're seeing the rapid sinking of the main body of the pastille, which is hard candy, and the slower sinking of the goop. If you bit down on them, you'd basically get a head clearing explosion of shit like clove oil and peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil.

She is clearly coughing up pieces of lung.

I can't believe there's actually been 9 pages of comments on her performing an ordinary bodily function.

This fucking election.

ChryZ

I suffered through acute bronchitis last year and coughed up chunks, the phlegm was never that big or plentiful. You also can't keep a straight face like in the footage, it's fucking painful and you look spent after each coughing fit.

I'm pretty sure it's just coughing drops.

Ah, hiding her emails in a water glass.

Clever Hillary.

:jnc

I can't believe there's actually been 9 pages of comments on her performing an ordinary bodily function.

This fucking election.

See, I can believe that there's been 9 pages of comments because discussing utterly banal things about Clinton like they're game-changers is one of this election's "in" things.

I just can't believe that one person posted about this 35 times in less than a day.

Has anyone examined the glass and contents? Surely someone had to take the glass and dispose of whatever it is that came out of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom