• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton video message on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you lose an election to donald trump and react by wanting more of the same, I don't understand how it's anything other than lunacy.

And if you read the thread that you'll see people aren't actually that bothered about Hillary releasing a video, they're bothered about her fanbase still peddling the 'everything was fine' stuff.

Fuck off with that noise, seriously.

Where do you see Hillary's fanbase saying that everything was fine.

You're projecting a lot here. I don't think anyone in here is saying "we need Hillary again!", just that she doesn't deserve the ire of so many on the left.

Bingo!

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah the person who destroyed the other candidate in the popular vote has no value here..

It's true though. It sucks, it's unfair to her and her supporters but it's true. Holding up the popular vote isn't going to make the idiots that oppose her any more likely to warm up to her, or her critics to shut up. Their hate for her is irrational, it will continue to be irrational till the end of time.

Mondale and McGovern and Dukakis was easily worse Jesus Christ.

Stop with the hyperbole.
My take is that 2016 is likely the first major political defeat for a vast majority of millennials, many of which came into adulthood voting for Obama. There is no reference point to coping with a loss on this scale. Some people, sadly, have resorted to pettiness and a hate that's as sticky and insufferable as napalm.

We deserve this, the only hope is that some people feel so much pain that they stop acting like petulant children.

Hmm, from this thread, I dont see that happening. "Why should I lower my standards when faced with the choice of protecting and incrementally improving what I believe in or losing it all" seems to be the paraphrased running theme of certain folk.

When you lose an election to donald trump and react by wanting more of the same, I don't understand how it's anything other than lunacy.

And if you read the thread that you'll see people aren't actually that bothered about Hillary releasing a video, they're bothered about her fanbase still peddling the 'everything was fine' stuff.
You realize we all can go back to the very first page of this thread and confirm your assertion is bullshit, right?

Looks like we're still here then

65265759.jpg

More people voted for Hilary Clinton than Donald Trump.

Not

Banned
Is that supposed to be directed at me? Because I voted for Hillary in the primary.

Nope. I was coming up with a useful reason to focus on bigger issues than Hillary's flaws.

Seriously, I want to know what Trump would have had to do to lose against Hillary lol. It's like we're in the 50's still, if somehow a woman had gotten the nomination.

KHarvey16

It's true though. It sucks, it's unfair to her and her supporters but it's true. Holding up the popular vote isn't going to make the idiots that oppose her any more likely to warm up to her, or her critics to shut up. Their hate for her is irrational, it will continue to be irrational till the end of time.

Her and our goal is to reach the undecideds and the majority that already voted for her. His base will not be persuaded by some other democrat and we don't need them anyway.

You're not as dumb as you think you are. Give your people some credit. :p

You have zero idea what the United States is like and how politics works.

Come live here for a few years, visit some non-coastal places/the south/rural areas and then tell me that all we need to do is be as progressive as possible and hammer that into voters.

Until then, you know nothing about what the U.S. is truly like.

Nope. I was coming up with a useful reason to focus on bigger issues than Hillary's flaws.

Seriously, I want to know what Trump would have had to do to lose against Hillary lol. It's like we're in the 50's still, if somehow a woman had gotten the nomination.

Murder a baby on stage and feast on its flesh. HOWEVER, that child has to be a white male that is somehow known to be straight AND was not murdered with a gun by Trump. And even then I think people would still support him.

well folks, enjoy Trump for 8 years, because republicans control the congress so there won't any impeachment and the electoral college ain't going nowhere and Trump is still loved in states like Ohio and Florida

I agree with everything else you said except for this. If the next 4 years are anything like the last month we are going to see this nation unite to ACTUALLY drain the swamp. Many Republican friends I know who voted for Trump are already saying they regret it. Take that plus LBGT, minorities, women - All of these groups who are getting fucked over, and we are going to watch Trump get what he deserves.

Honestly who doesn't want to see Trump lose at this point?

The problem is The Democrats need someone to step up and not take their foot off the gas and we need to find that person ASAP.

royalan

They don't have to throw her under the bus at all and I'm in no way suggesting that. I'm just saying she should not be a public figure for the dems. If this is a one off video then it's not an issue, but if it's something regular we're going to be rehashing this for the rest of this term.

Those people are going to rehash this regardless. Hillary has been gone for months, and that has not stopped anyone from making her the convenient enemy. Certainly not Trump and Republicans.

I don't give a fuck about them right now. I care about the millions of people who supported Hillary. Who didn't just vote for her because she was the D. People like my aunties who are lifelong Democrats, who followed Hillary's career, believed in her message, rooted for her and wanted her to win. And then not only watched her lose, but watched her lose to the biggest sexist jackass in the country.

Step outside yourself and think of what that must have felt like. What message our country sent in that moment.

Haters are going to hate. I care that Hillary Clinton put on a brave face and told THOSE people to stay involved. And you better believe that the party does too.

Ferrio

Banned
Her and our goal is to reach the undecideds and the majority that already voted for her. His base will not be persuaded by some other democrat and we don't need them anyway.

When i say idiots and irrational people I'm talking about the undecided.
Step outside yourself and think of what that must have felt like. What message our country sent in that moment.

I don't have to step outside myself, I would have voted for her regardless if wasn't against Trump. I didn't pick her because it was the "better" option, I truly thought she was a great candidate. That election night was one of the most crushing and depressing nights of my life. That said I'm going to be pragmatic as hell when it comes to trying to out the Trump admin. If that means having asking someone shy away from the spot light then so be it, I'm sorry Hillary.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You have zero idea what the United States is like and how politics works.

Come live here for a few years, visit some non-coastal places/the south/rural areas and then tell me that all we need to do is be as progressive as possible and hammer that into voters.

Until then, you know nothing about what the U.S. is truly like.
This. I never thought we were actually winning those people over, I just thought we were finally outnumbering them. Turns out we aren't where it matters in our country's stupid fucking electoral system

You do realise that the President is Donald Trump and not Hillary Clinton, right?

Do you live in the US, did you vote?

NM, you don't. Figured.

Perhaps you should look up why we have Trump and not Clinton, specifically voter turnout in particular states etc. She lost because people stayed home in three states.

Not

Banned
Fuck off with that noise, seriously.

Where do you see Hillary's fanbase saying that everything was fine.

He's pushing the other side to extremes in order to support his argument. Common tactic amongst people with unsupportable opinions.

And I know, I know, I generalize all the time. Just saying.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Those people are going to rehash this regardless. Hillary has been gone for months, and that has not stopped anyone from making her the convenient enemy. Certainly not Trump and Republicans.

I don't give a fuck about them right now. I care about the millions of people who supported Hillary. Who didn't just vote for her because she was the D. People like my aunties who are lifelong Democrats, who followed Hillary's career, believed in her message, rooted for her and wanted her to win. And then not only watched her lose, but watched her lose to the biggest sexist jackass in the country.

Step outside yourself and think of what that must have felt like. What message or country sent in that moment.

Haters are going to hate. I care that Hillary Clinton put on a brave face and told THOSE people to stay involved. And you better believe that the party does too.
I actively avoid thinking about Clinton these days because I just get so genuinely, seethingly angry at how many people who believed in the symbolism of her victory and how half of this country shat in their mouths not just for some milquetoast Romney-2.0 but one of the most vile men in the country.

Sanjuro

NM, you don't. Figured.

Perhaps you should look up why we have Trump and not Clinton, specifically voter turnout in particular states etc. She lost because people stayed home in three states.

It's because Al Gore invented the internet, giving us emails.

Full circle.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
she always leaves it in late...good thing she lost the election...now to look beyond her incompetence and look for a new dem leader for 2020

I love Hillary, but I don't even want to watch this video. She needs to just quietly seep into the background and support other candidates quietly.

Fucking ridiculous. She won more than half the vote of the American electorate. Why the fuck would she "seep into the background" as if she's someone who has been irrelevant and should continue to be? Fuck outtahere.

NM, you don't. Figured.

Because she failed to win an election against possibly the worst human on the planet.
Until you come to terms with this and understand the ramifications for any future election against him, you're doomed.

The only real place you find the irrational hatred of Hillary from the left is the internet. But millions of people follow and admire Hillary, and there is no way on earth that the Democratic Party as a whole is going to throw her under a bus after the decades of work she has put in, and all the work she could still do.

And tens of millions despise Hillary, won't vote for her, voted against Trump and not for her, etc. Step outside the bubble. Even when limiting yourself to just liberals many do not align with her worldviews and are trying to takeover the party so ideas move in a different direction. The Democratic party is divided and it's undeniable. It probably won't end until the Clinton wing steps aside and lets the Bernie wing see what they can do post-Trump.

He's pushing the other side to extremes in order to support his argument. Common tactic amongst people with unsupportable opinions.
That and deflecting completely. Pilgrim is working hard in this thread.

Edit:

Case in point:

Because she failed to win an election against possibly the worst human on the planet.
Until you come to terms with this and understand the ramifications for any future election against him, you're doomed.

Not

Banned
Murder a baby on stage and feast on its flesh. HOWEVER, that child has to be a white male that is somehow known to be straight AND was not murdered with a gun by Trump. And even then I think people would still support him.

Some conservs were supporting Milo after he condoned pedos. Some people don't care about literally anything as long as they get power. It's called "being evil."

And until Democrats stop trying to say that this election was solely (again, key word: solely) about Hillary's faults and not Trump's message and appeal, we'll lose again in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom