• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Absolution Announced (2012, PS3/360/PC, Teaser) [Update: New Details]

Soda

It appears that the box arts were sent out and they were collecting survey data. I have this horrible gut feeling that the direction of the game can be directly influenced by the popularity of the box arts, considering each cover is fundamentally different. In one he has silencers (stealth), in another he is loud (balls out shooter), and in the final one, which personally I think looks best but may be horrible for the story/gameplay is that he is "against all odds" but is determined to "get to the bottom" of things.

Soda

Lupeks Lupi Lupiński
@IOInteractive: First concept art doesn't look like a stealh game. More like a movie/end od Contracts. We should be worried?

IOInteractive IO Interactive
@
@Lupeks Nope. No need to worry. Hitman is at heart a stealth game. That's not changing at all.
15 May

E3 promises to be great this year. Really looking forward to sharing Hitman: Absolution with you all.

update

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
@
@Lupeks Nope. No need to worry. Hitman is at heart a stealth game. That's not changing at all.
15 May

obamasip.gif

Angry Fork

You could argue Conviction is a stealth game as well, it's just not the kind of stealth most SC fans wanted.

I'm more optimistic though after that tweet since it was so direct, i'm definitely expecting a huge overhaul/reboot with over the shoulder, shitty story and set pieces etc. which is disappointing but they may still allow the option of old school stealth, we'll see what happens at E3.

Overarching narrative and heavy focus on plot has worked before in Hitman, you guys. Silent Assassin?

SA's gameplay is dated as hell, but goddamn its soundtrack and connected missions were fucking amazing. I hope this game is far more like SA than Blood Money in terms of design (not control).

Etrian Oddity said:
Overarching narrative and heavy focus on plot has worked before in Hitman, you guys. Silent Assassin?

SA's gameplay is dated as hell, but goddamn its soundtrack and connected missions were fucking amazing. I hope this game is far more like SA than Blood Money in terms of design (not control).

the track that plays in St. Petersburg is godly. Still remember it.

Also holy shit at that article. All developers assume gamers are morons. Everything has to be more' accessible'? God damn. New Gen is retarded...what happened?

RevDM

Banned
I'm surprise all this was missed:

tumblr_lm4aynqwvW1qkweyso1_500.jpg

Agent 47 is ready to strike. The world premiere of the Hitman: Absolution trailer will debut on Wednesday, June 8 at 10:47am PDT at E3 in the Square Enix booth 1647 in the South Hall. Protect your neck!

http://hitmanabsolution.tumblr.com/
Preparing for E3 is always fun and at IO, the fun seems to be hitting a high note right about now.We’re leaving for sunny Los Angeles on Friday and from the moment we land until the second we board the plane a week later, it’s showtime. the week is jam-packed with presentations and interviews and getting prepared for that is a massive task, which involves just about everyone available.

The team is putting the final touches on the E3 demo, which is going to blow everyone away. We’ve already shown it to a few lucky outsiders and the feedback has been everything we could have hoped and more. Absolution is definitely shaping up to be the best Hitman game ever.

Brand and marketing is working closely with the various territories to build out the schedules for press to come and see the demo and talk to the developers. The spread sheets those guys are juggling are taking on a sanity shattering complexity not unlike the ancient books referenced to by a certain Mr. Lovecraft. It really is a mind-bending how much work goes into just getting several (alright, a lot!) bunches of people into a room to present a game to them.

This year, we’ll also be reporting live from the show with news updates, fun facts, photos from the floor, interviews with our developers and much more so you should definitely stay tuned once we kick off.

screenshot_255102_thumb_wide940.jpg

Top Bottom