• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

M.W.

Sessler said it's a 30+ hour game. Didn't realize it was that long. I know it also depends on how you play it...

vidcons

Banned
When does the game go live on Steam for play? I have it pre-loaded, but I'm not sure of what time it goes live on Steam. I'm quite hyped for to actually play it, as over the past week or so I've replayed all of the games, tried Sniper Challenge, and actually played/suffered through the Kane and Lynch titles. I might play Freedom Fighters just to pass the time by, but fuck that's a lot of IO games. <3

If you "suffered" through Dog Days then I'm so sorry that you have terrible opinions about games.

"The huge sandbox levels have never been more huge, or more sandboxy"

Really?

from the couple I've encountered, that isn't true in the slightest.

chinatown, for example, looks big but upon exploration is roughly the same size as the a new life level in blood money.

no level I have encountered so far is as huge or sanboxy as the level murder of crows for example.

Foffy

Banned
If you "suffered" through Dog Days then I'm so sorry that you have terrible opinions about games.

I used the term suffered because some really, really hate those games. I quite liked it, and I didn't think the ending was as bad as some said.

MMaRsu

Banned
from the couple I've encountered, that isn't true in the slightest.

chinatown, for example, looks big but upon exploration is roughly the same size as the a new life level in blood money.

no level I have encountered so far is as huge or sanboxy as the level murder of crows for example.

There are no levels of that size in this game from what I've seen so far.

vidcons

Banned
I used the term suffered because some really, really hate those games. I quite liked it, and I didn't think the ending was as bad as some said.

Nah, you should own up to DD's greatness and let the whole world hear it. That game is remarkable.

There are no levels of that size in this game from what I've seen so far.

I suspected as much. it's disappointing to to have it confirmed, but I am otherwise enjoying the game. my hope is that this is a blip and the next game will return fully to the series' root and not further devolve like splinter cell currently is.

UrbanRats

Nah, you should own up to DD's greatness and let the whole world hear it. That game is remarkable.

The gunplay is pretty poor and the gamedesing is very uninspired.
The characters, the visuals and the general art direction are some of my favorites though.

Micerider

I'm glad I pre-purchased on Steam, a free Blood Money is a good Blood Money (I did it on Xbox 360 back then, but sold it in the mean-time, so I might want to re-do it on PC).

Tested the Sniper Challenge as well and...well, it's not really good, but that doesn't matter, that was just a small bite-sized appetizer to make us wait. It at least shows that the game runs well in-engine on my PC.

A very good game. Graphics are insane ( PS3 version ). Deferred engine with a lot of lights and npcs on screen. Great, seriosly. Gametrailers review is a joke. Well, Gametrailers is a joke since giving COD "scripted" BO2 more than a 7...as is the same shit as always...

Spoke too soon, GMG just sent me the code. For those who might be confused - there are two keys there, the first one which you used to get the Sniper Challenge, the second one is for the main game.

dexter industries
is probably the worst section I have ever played in any game ever. it's awful on every single conceivable level. there is absolutely no redeeming feature. it's terrible. I don't know how this set of levels made it past testing, it's bad. really, really bad.

it's a shame as well because the levels just before were really good. probably one of three levels so far that felt like the hitman levels from blood money.

AHA-Lambda

dexter industries
is probably the worst section I have ever played in any game ever. it's awful on every single conceivable level. there is absolutely no redeeming feature. it's terrible. I don't know how this set of levels made it past testing, it's bad. really, really bad.

it's a shame as well because the levels just before were really good. probably one of three levels so far that felt like the hitman levels from blood money.

So glad it's not just me there, that was the point where my patience just broke with the game :mad:

So glad it's not just me there, that was the point where my patience just broke with the game :mad:

it's really trying my patience. I'm sorely tempted to stop playing and move onto something else, but I'll give it one final go tonight.

I'm sorry for repeating myself, but it cannot be stated enough. they are dreadful levels. dreadful. I was enjoying the game up to that point, the levels were becoming enoyable and slightly challenging with the level just before feeling very reminiscent of the levels in blood money (not as good but it felt like a level that wouldn't be out of place in blood money, if that makes sense), but then it goes downhill and it continues to go downhill.

despire

So I watched the Gametrailer review.

Is it accurate or does many of you feel the same way. It looks like the reception even in here is a bit mixed.

Good thing is that it looked like most of the problems could be fixed with a patch. Has there been any info on that yet?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Guys i literally just got my key from green man gaming, downloading it now from Steam, check if you ordered the same :D

MMaRsu

Banned

Is it accurate or does many of you feel the same way. It looks like the reception even in here is a bit mixed.

Good thing is that it looked like most of the problems could be fixed with a patch. Has there been any info on that yet?

I feel exactly the same as the Gt review.

IMHO is very unfair. Worse games this gen have received great praise being shitty moneyhated sequels.

So how long until this unlocks in Australia even? I wish they would just release it at the same point from the first unlocking region.

Argh, too much work to do today besides.

Phinor

Pre-order... cancelled. Just had to do it even if it's a decent game on its own. Ultimately it still carries the Hitman name and should live up to that name. I'm sure I will buy it eventually if only for the contracts mode.

Transferred those funds over to Star Citizen. Going from broken promises to something that promises absolute perfection. I'm sure I won't be disappointed in two years time, right?;)

Foffy

Banned
any system wich is "better"

ps3 or xbox?

PS3 I believe has better IQ and takes more advantage of being on Blu-Ray. The 360 version has the game of the smallest filesize, but its advantage is it's the one with the fastest normal loading times. There's such a difference that I'd almost suggest getting the PC version (it's about three times the size of the 360 build), but I figure as that was not an option you don't have a machine ready for the game.

Top Bottom