• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Foffy

Banned
Does anyone know how to silently
take out the sheik? I found him in a room, but there's a guard there.

I just spent almost an hour searching for that goddamn fireworks remote. I give up, can anyone please tell me where I can find it?

it's on the right side of the museum, past a shed, all the way on the right.

maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Did suit only silent assassin on The Final Test, but the challenge isn't marked as done.
I know I did it because I got the Silent Assassin trophy at the same time.

Are some of the challenges bugged on PS4 or is it just me?

Love the game so far anyway, I've spent hours on it and haven't even gone to Paris yet.

MaKTaiL

Did suit only silent assassin on The Final Test, but the challenge isn't marked as done.

Love the game so far anyway, I've spent hours on it and haven't even gone to Paris yet.
You have to finish the mission to make the challange count.

You have to finish the mission to make the challange count.

I did finish the mission. Annoyingly it just seems to play the cutscene with Diana instead of showing what challenges you completed but when I go back into the mission select to look at the challenges it's not checked.

I'll do it again later anyway I found a pretty reliable way to do it.

I'm having the same problem on xbox. it doesn't seem to unlock suit only or saso.

Glad it's not just me!

Najaf

Have gotten disconnected from the servers twice now during Paris. Why this (like black ops 3) separates online and offline saves is beyond me. For what, leaderboards?! So frustrating.

dreamfall

Paris is everything a Blood Money fan could've dreamed of. It's gigantic, there are so many routes to explore and so many ways to infiltrate and get the job done. Blown away, completely.

justjim89

I got credit for Suit Only, Silent Assassin for Showstopper even though I started the level in disguise and changed disguises multiple times. That's discouraging. Now when I actually do it suit-only I won't get credit for it.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm getting constant disconnects, so I can't even play. I have so many issues with staying connected to PSN, so had I known I'd be forced to be online, I would have stuck with the XB1 version. Pretty frustrating experience so far.

I'm getting disconnected about every 15 minutes and it's infuriating. I don't even mind that challenges are locked behind the network (although that's still pretty silly) but why the hell do I have to get kicked to the main menu after a drop? Ugh.

Vuze

Hm so yeah, I think this is definitely for the crowd which is eager to replay and explore levels over and over again. Completed the core content that is available now in nothing short of 2h. I enjoyed it and will definitely replay the Paris mission which is very well executed but this is clearly not aimed at those who are looking for a "non-repetive" experience.

Thought there were more missions per content pack but it's really just the one huge maison with two targets unless I'm missing something, the menus are a little bit weird.

Hm so yeah, I think this is definitely for the crowd which is eager to replay and explore levels over and over again. Completed the core content that is available now in nothing short of 2h. I enjoyed it and will definitely replay the Paris mission which is very well executed but this is clearly not aimed at those who are looking for a "non-repetive" experience.

Thought there were more missions per content pack but it's really just the one huge maison with two targets unless I'm missing something, the menus are a little bit weird.

nah, you didn't miss anything, and you're pretty much right. I want to dig more into the contracts since they kinda force you to poke and prod at different parts of the level, but yeah just look at the challenges with all the different ways to tackle dahlia and viktor and it's definitely apparent the replay value is in finding all the stuff you missed, mastering the level, and of course, getting the perfectly silent run.

DeVeAn

PC version does not feel optimized. V sync doesn't work. Might the intro on PS4. I am having to spend to much time trouble shooting just to get a decent frame rate. I know my 570 is old as fuck but this is not even playable.

Originally the first three locations were going to be released together with six missions in total. That led people to assume that there would be two missions per location, between Paris, Sapienza, and Marrakesh.

Maybe that's not the case, though? For all we know it could be divided up 1-2-3 between the locations. Or it could be some other plan entirely.

Umm how do you mark a target for Contracts?

Highlight in instinct mode, press Y (or equivalent button).

Speaking of instinct mode, I like how the "smarter" guards have their eyes highlighted in white. Nice and subtle touch.

New to steam but how do I download the paris level? It says I own it but It's not installed

Right click on the game in your library > properties > DLC then untick/tick the Paris level. That should prompt it to start downloading.

If your is anything like mine it will already be ticked but won't have installed.

sn00zer

Fuuuuck....Amazon isnt selling PS4 intro codes because of an error on their end...and I have a $15 gift certificate.....gahhh

I love subduing people stuck in walls -- that's some serious X-men shit.

I also love getting kicked off the server.

Fuck you, Ubi. Fool me once, twice, etc

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck you, Ubi. Fool me once, twice, etc

105770-Frozen-Anna-gif-Im-gonna-tell-khpj.gif

It does suck though.

In the Paris mission i was just fooling around, i love to try shit out. So i just picked off this pretty lady walking outside, simply to see how people would react to it. I would have expected more panic from NPCs in general but what i did really like is that one guy examined the body, put her in a bodybag and quickly dragged it away into the garden area. Sure a paramedic would have been even more realistic, but this is still a nice touch.

One thing i find odd though, nobody saw me shooting and i was using a silencer. But this one guy, one of the guards did have the white circle above his head and as soon as he saw me he got suspicious. I would have liked if this hadn't happened. For all he knew i could just be a random innocent visitor as well.

I think it does it this way to prevent people from cheating during the online options - in previous games, people would find some online target, disconnect from servers to test out various methods of infiltration/killing, then go back online to actually fulfill the contract properly. If you start the mission in offline mode, everything is fine and it wont boot you to the main menu if the server disconnects. IO should make this clear to users that they need to start the mission in offline mode if they don't want any online-only issues.

They did.

7iv29SK.jpg

Most people probably skipped it because we don't read those screens.

That said, the implementation is a little annoying, especially if the servers are going to be so spotty. If it loses a connection, it should auto-save immediately, so at least you can get back to where you were.

MUnited83

For you.

weird, i did a single SA SO run and got all the challenges that would be associated with it (Silent Assassin/Suit Only/No Evidence/Silent Assassin Suit Only)

Adding some of the music from the Kyd era soundtracks has instantly made this way more atmospheric and sinister. So good.

Also just killed a target by tossing a mine in the kitchen at him and a waiter before casually strolling away because my super complex initial plan went bad. #SilentAssassin?

Murkas

Really having fun with this, what Absolution should have been. Took me like an hour to complete the Paris show and my journey was awesome. Turned off instinct mode straight away and kept all the hints to a minimum.

Subdued and disguised as a stylist, wander around, climb through the toilet window, subdued and disguised as a crew member, wondered around in the cellar and stumbled into the cocktail recipe and locker room to find the waiter's outfit, went back upstairs, stumbled into the kitchen and found 2 rat poison vials, went to the bar and dude was there , poisoned his drink them followed him to the bathroom and drowned him.

Made my way upstairs and found a black coat waiter on his own, took his outfit, dropped my gun and went up. Poisoned the wife's drink buy she went to give her speech, took out the bodyguards in the attic and stole his outfit in time for the wife making her way to the bathrooms, dunked her head into the toilet then escaped via cellar.

Now the bad stuff that irked me.

My challenges seems to be messed up, I've got the wife assassination cleared but not the husband which makes no sense as I obviously cleared the stage. Also other challenges I know I've done aren't cleared, like poisoning the husband.

Loading times seems to be quite bad (ps4) like pre patch Bloodborne. Even pausing the game to listen to an opportunity has like a 5 second delay.

All in all, really having fun. Any one tell me where the hell Kr
uger
, spent ages running around like an idiot because I wanna dress up as him.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So does this not have a suitcase? I thought I remember it being mentioned but looking at the gear stuff it doesn't seem like it'll be here. The sniper I have can be dropped off on the map but it's exposed while you move with it. Given the loadout stuff they could have it be level specific I suppose.

Adding some of the music from the Kyd era soundtracks has instantly made this way more atmospheric and sinister. So good.

Also just killed a target by tossing a mine in the kitchen at him and a waiter before casually strolling away because my super complex initial plan went bad. #SilentAssassin?

I took a hefty 3 hour or so run on Paris scoping out a ton of options and ended up doing everything really well until the very end.

I lured a guard with a coin out right next to a box, choked him out and accidentally tossed him over the railing to plop him three floors down instead of in the box. I then followed this up be being seen creeping as the target talked on the phone since I didn't think she was gonna pace back and forth at all, so I had to punch her in the face and knock her out on the ground then shoot her in the head and run to the exit.

Maybe next time.

pislit

Fuck this online requirement to play a single player game. I was so close in killing my target by setting up an exposed wire in a puddle! FUUUUCCCKKK!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Aaaannnnddd the game doesn't work. I'm online it's their bullshit servers that aren't. Stupid design choice.

Top Bottom