• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

brau

A bit disappointed that the game didn't unlock at midnight for me. Was excited to give it a whirl this morning.

Foffy

Banned
Man, I'm kinda disappointed with the Sarajevo Six mission in Paris. It's just the Paris mission with two extra people, one of which is the target. They could have at least removed the targets of the main mission so it didn't look like a weird "47 kills the target, comes back to kill two more who were there during the first attempt" kind of thing.

Also, trying to make out this guy is somewhat tough. He has a bodyguard who,
unlike Kurt (Viktor's bodyguard) does not have any easy ways of separating from his target.

pahamrick

Oh man. The preload only contained the tutorial stuff, that's why the contracts were marked as purchase.

Getting a 2GB patch now that contains the Paris map.

kjacobson

Neo Member
Ugh, don't know whether to start this or The Division. Guess I could play this while the other patches.

My download for Hitman was pretty small, I don't know how big The Division was but I think this was about 8gb for me on PSN and it was actually fairly quick compared to some other PSN downloads I've done.

Rizzi

p1qH978.jpg

Awww yeah.

Anyone who pre-loaded the full version on Steam but Paris still shows as locked in-game

Restart steam and then go to Manage Downloads to confirm it's downloading a 2GB update for Hitman. The library list doesn't appear to show it updating and instead says 'Ready to Play' even though it's updating in the background.

Works fine for me. Maybe check two things:
  1. Did you preorder and download from the same region store as the PSN account you're trying to play with?
  2. Is your PS4 set as the primary console for the account you're trying to play with?
It works now. I guess it was counting down to 3am today Eastern time for me.

However, it told me that it was ready to use at 9pm last night ;_;

Karak

t" kind of thing.

Also, trying to make out this guy is somewhat tough. He has a bodyguard who,
unlike Kurt (Viktor's bodyguard) does not have any easy ways of separating from his target.

You bet there is brother. You have tons of ways to distract them.

Foffy

Banned
You bet there is brother. You have tons of ways to distract them.

It also doesn't help that I am handicapping myself. ;)

I am limiting my movement to areas where the targets of the main mission aren't, to give my "headcanon" the feeling that they're not in the level. This limits my approach to
the basement and attic
. But I found something to try out...

Moff

Anyone who pre-loaded the full version on Steam but Paris still shows as locked in-game

Restart steam and then go to Manage Downloads to confirm it's downloading a 2GB update for Hitman. The library list doesn't appear to show it updating and instead says 'Ready to Play' even though it's updating in the background.

yeah I noticed that as well, no restart needed but I had to download it manually...

Where's the benchmark option?
Edit nvm I see it :) in the settings menu in launcher.

GPU usage at 70% and getting 45fps. CPU usage normal. Ugh.

Shiiiiii-

So how does the scoring work?

I really have no idea, lol.

This whole thing is just stupid. You can select your own loadout to kill the people in community contracts. Where is the fun? Where is the difficulty?
The menu is awful, too. Can't find the option to search for contracts from you friends.
I'm not feeling like starting this game again. Paris is cool but contracts mode was the most replayable thing in Absolution. Now it's fucked up. Replayability is gone. Creating contracts just doesn't feel good or fun with limited options.

justjim89

Ok, what the fuck. It says I don't own the Paris mission? I pre-ordered the full game for full price before the episodic release information came out. I've paid for all the content but I can't do the first real mission? Anyone else having this problem? Even if I had only paid for the intro pack, I'd still be able to access Paris, right?

PC version here.

Edit: Just saw the post about it. Thanks.

Foffy

Banned
Ok, what the fuck. It says I don't own the Paris mission? I pre-ordered the full game for full price before the episodic release information came out. I've paid for all the content but I can't do the first real mission? Anyone else having this problem? Even if I had only paid for the intro pack, I'd still be able to access Paris, right?

PC version here.

You have to check in your downloads. Someone posted a solution here. The base download didn't start the Paris content, but you do own it and have to manually start it.

Foffy

Banned
Is it just me or can you not set the textures to high?

The options are locked based on your VRAM requirements.

I think in order to max out textures, you need 6 or 8 GB of VRAM.

does this game penalize you as much as the last hitman did, for killing people?

It's a little more stricter, yes. Where in Absolution you were docked different levels of points if you killed an enemy or a civilian, you're now simply docked for non-target kills.

tanuki

The Paris map is massive, which is really awesome, so much to explore and do. But I realised if all the maps are huge like this, then you won't get the lovingly-crafted smaller levels like A New Life, which would be a shame.

DedValve

Banned
My goodness, I can't even maintain a stable 30fps with a 660. Too many humans!

Then you know the solution to your problem *cocks gun*

shoot your 660

The Paris map is massive, which is really awesome, so much to explore and do. But I realised if all the maps are huge like this, then you won't get the lovingly-crafted smaller levels like A New Life, which would be a shame.

I'd be totally down for this game to be a service and not have a sequel unless said sequel makes huge strides.

That way they can make several different maps of various sizes. Oh god I want to go home and play this right now!!!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Escalation Contracts. The Snorrason Ascension.

Anyone done level 5? I can't find the Soviet Soldier uniform anywhere and you cant subdue or pacify anyone.

Got Silent Assassin on my first playthrough of the Paris mission.

If you get Helmut's disguise you can pretty much go anywhere worry free, it's a bit too easy.

Foffy

Banned
Got Silent Assassin on my first playthrough of the Paris mission.

If you get Helmut's disguise you can pretty much go anywhere worry free, it's a bit too easy.

Hitman games have usually been pretty easy in their first missions. Even Absolution had the "too easy" disguise in the tutorial and first real level of the game.

Fun fact:
Helmut was added after the Alpha, perhaps because people had a hard time getting safe access to the second floor and planning a solid hit.

TheGeneral86

Neo Member

Thx was about to hit panick button :)

Top Bottom