• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Salsa

wait wtf where's my pre-order suit :|

I got the game from Amazon, pre-ordered it

not showing up under Suits on the menu

Moff

score49s5q.jpg

took me about 90 minutes to figure out my first silent assassin run on the paris mission, took me to rank 7 on the (global?) leader board

I love it, it's a bit too easy with the saves and the opportunities and the challenges visible from the get go, maybe the should change/limit that in the future, especially since it's an episodic relesae with little content at a time.
but hitman is all about the mission design, and the mission design is nothing short of spectacular, there is so much going on, I love it. it's definitely up there among the best missions.

I am very much looking forward to do all the challenges, find all the ways to interact with the level, improve my scores, create/play some contracts, the events and of course the upcoming missions.

I also realized what some reviewers meant with "too much scripting", you can interact with a lot of people in short ingame cutscenes, but honestly I like that as well, it's much more social that way and feels like a very well crafted game.
and after all, I do like that all the hitman games play a little bit differently, and I definitely think I will like this one a lot.

loading times on pc with an SSD are about 15 seconds on the initial load and 5 seconds after that, btw.

MUnited83

For you.
score49s5q.jpg

took me about 90 minutes to figure out my first silent assassin run on the paris mission, took me to rank 7 on the (global?) leader board

I love it, it's a bit too easy with the opportunities and the challenges visible from the get go, but hitman is all about the mission design, and the mission design is nothing short of spectacular, there is so much going on, I love it.

I am very much looking forward to do all the challenges, improve my scores, create/play some contracts, the events and of course the upcoming missions

Will only be able to play in a couple of hours. Does doing suit-only have a score bonus?

kAmui-

Took me about 2 hours to finish all the missions. I'm really liking it. The maps are massive and there are so many ways to complete them. Opportunities kinda make the game easy, but fortunately you can turn them off. I'll probably do that, or at least turn them on to minimal.

Moff

Will only be able to play in a couple of hours. Does doing suit-only have a score bonus?

the way I see it from that score screen, no
suit only is a challenge, though, and challenges give you "mission mastery" which is like a level up, this awards you new opportunities like more gear/weapons, better starting points and stuff like that that will help you improve your score with the time factor

at least that's how I see it right now, not 100% sure

Does it keep disconnetting from the servers for anybody else? The game doesn't save and boots you to the main menu. Honestly this is such bullshit: this game doesn't need to be "always" online, it could just ping the server, download any data it may need, and leave my game fucking alone.

justjim89

Man, I cannot find a way to take out Dalia stealthily for the life of me. She's never alone. And the
laptop
opportunity did absolutely nothing for me besides make the assistant girl freak out over and over on loop. Is that a bug or does the
laptop
do nothing?

MUnited83

For you.
I bought the SE from Amazon, and it had a code in the box on it's own leaflet. That's crap if they don't give it out normally.

It is pretty crap, as the bonuses were definitely advertised. I mean, i'm not going to raise a fuss because I got it for 15$, but it is pretty shitty. And as far as i know, people who bought it there for the full price didnt get any bonuses either.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I pre-ordered on Xbox Live but the Requiem pack is unavailable to download for me. Not too bothered but a little annoying.

Man, I cannot find a way to take out Dalia stealthily for the life of me. She's never alone. And the
laptop
opportunity did absolutely nothing for me besides make the assistant girl freak out over and over on loop. Is that a bug or does the
laptop
do nothing?

After the girl freaks out Dalia should come at one point and fix the laptop. In that time you will need to distract the guard with a coin then kill her. It's a pain and I found being the arab sheik to be more useful since your totally alone with her.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I pre-ordered on Xbox Live but the Requiem pack is unavailable to download for me. Not too bothered but a little annoying.

can you get it if you go to the games app and press manage on the game?

they took it down from store but it should still be there under ready to install bit

jrcbandit

Does it keep disconnetting from the servers for anybody else? The game doesn't save and boots you to the main menu. Honestly this is such bullshit: this game doesn't need to be "always" online, it could just ping the server, download any data it may need, and leave my game fucking alone.

I think it does it this way to prevent people from cheating during the online options - in previous games, people would find some online target, disconnect from servers to test out various methods of infiltration/killing, then go back online to actually fulfill the contract properly. If you start the mission in offline mode, everything is fine and it wont boot you to the main menu if the server disconnects. IO should make this clear to users that they need to start the mission in offline mode if they don't want any online-only issues.

Moff

laptop
laptop
do nothing?

it's very easy
as helmut,
too easy actually
you can follow that oppurtinity by
taking one of the lefthand doors as soon as you enter the mansion

Najaf

I have the Full Experience but on the hub page it is prompting me to purchase "Showstopper" and "Do Me I Dare You". It says I don't own this content. Am I missing something here?

Has anyone had any luck getting any of the PC streaming solutions to capture this while using D3D12? I tried streaming with OBS earlier and it wouldn't pick up anything from the game unless I did monitor capture (which I'd rather not use), so I just used D3D11.

TheGeneral86

Neo Member
I have the Full Experience but on the hub page it is prompting me to purchase "Showstopper" and "Do Me I Dare You". It says I don't own this content. Am I missing something here?

from nkz post

Anyone who pre-loaded the full version on Steam but Paris still shows as locked in-game

Restart steam and then go to Manage Downloads to confirm it's downloading a 2GB update for Hitman. The library list doesn't appear to show it updating and instead says 'Ready to Play' even though it's updating in the background.

Najaf

fom nkz post

Anyone who pre-loaded the full version on Steam but Paris still shows as locked in-game

Restart steam and then go to Manage Downloads to confirm it's downloading a 2GB update for Hitman. The library list doesn't appear to show it updating and instead says 'Ready to Play' even though it's updating in the background.

Thanks.

justjim89

After the girl freaks out Dalia should come at one point and fix the laptop. In that time you will need to distract the guard with a coin then kill her. It's a pain and I found being the arab sheik to be more useful since your totally alone with her.

Is there a specific time you have to do it or something? Like before her
meeting with Helmut
? Because every time I try, the assistant girl just freaks out over and over again and Dalia just goes around her loop after her
meeting with Helmut
. She walks towards the
laptop,
sees the girl freaking out, then goes back on her loop. The scripting must've fucked up.

Took me about 2 hours to finish all the missions. I'm really liking it. The maps are massive and there are so many ways to complete them. Opportunities kinda make the game easy, but fortunately you can turn them off. I'll probably do that, or at least turn them on to minimal.

Oh dammit, i thought opportunities was just a tutorial thing... smh i really hope they listen to feedback and allow that to be toggled off

justjim89

I think I just heard Victor giving a speech downstairs from upstairs well after I've already killed him. Surely this game can't be that buggy, can it?

I just fired it up and I just had to marvel at that lovely snowy landscape in the background and I was surprised by how goddamn smooth this is. If they can iron out these micro stutters it's going to be absolutely sweet and seems very close to 60fps. This IS the starting area though..... so let's see what the rest brings.

I just checked, the framerate is unlocked.

thenexus6

I just spent around 1.5 - 2 hours on the Paris level just exploring, trying different costumes, getting the layout of the building.

+ Game looks great and runs smooth with locked FPS
+ Paris is HUGE there is so much to do I don't even know where to start
+ Some of the music is pretty good (like the paris intro briefing bit and the music that plays in the bar / dance area

- The general atmosphere music sounds like a generic spy / action thriller movie or something like Rush Hour. Pretty disappointing, the music in the Hitman games is very important to me and has an incredible history.
- Loading times need improving

Story wise, when is this taking place? The intro speaks for itself but the rest? Is this all a big prequel and basically before Codename 47?

MaKTaiL

I'm getting desconected everytime I try to view the challanges on the Paris mission. It's getting really annoying. Anyone else with the same problem? PS4 here.

EDIT

Nevermind. Rebooted it and it fixed itself.

Salsa

Game is legit great, shame it's released in such a fashion.

I love it

- can play other stuff meanwhile
- can tackle a single mission lots of ways without stalling progress
- monthly discussion about the game
- special challenges and targets within each mission, exclusive contracts

it's perfect for Hitman

pahamrick

So for the fellow Amazon pre-order peeps, at least on PC. I just spent the last 30 minutes on the phone with a support agent from the digital downloads team. There won't be pre-order bonus codes for the PC version, period. He can't even send me codes to use because he doesn't see codes for the PC version at all.

AppleMIX

I love it

- can play other stuff meanwhile
- can tackle a single mission lots of ways without stalling progress
- monthly discussion about the game
- special challenges and targets within each mission, exclusive contracts

it's perfect for Hitman

It's definitely a better fit than most games but my problem with episodic content is that all it does is just leaves me wanting more.

I just hope they can keep releasing content monthly.

Deadstar

So for the fellow Amazon pre-order peeps, at least on PC. I just spent the last 30 minutes on the phone with a support agent from the digital downloads team. There won't be pre-order bonus codes for the PC version, period. He can't even send me codes to use because he doesn't see codes for the PC version at all.

Were these codes advertised on the Amazon page?

How do you unlock more weapons? Especially the sniper rifle?

Edit: And another crash while I was doing a community contract. I'm done with this game. Long loading times, crashes, menu lag, bad contracts mode. Nope, what a shame.

DeVeAn

Man why is is not just an unlock key on Steam after pre load? I have to download 2.6 gigs...so dumb.

Now file is corrupt? What the hell.

PowderedToast

followed a poster's suggestion and put on a spotify playlist of jesper kyd hitman music. wow. i forgot just how consistently imaginative and powerful the earlier scores were. they're so thick with atmosphere and character. hugely missed here, but at least we have this.

murgo

I just spent almost an hour searching for that goddamn fireworks remote. I give up, can anyone please tell me where I can find it?

Top Bottom