• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Arttemis

So I wanted to wait to hear first hand accounts before buying, but I missed the pre-order incentive window. Bummer. I feel like I should just wait until the whole thing is out, and if I'm waiting, I might as well wait until it's discounted.

I hate pre-order exclusive content.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So I wanted to wait to hear first hand accounts before buying, but I missed the pre-order incentive window. Bummer. I feel like I should just wait until the whole thing is out, and if I'm waiting, I might as well wait until it's discounted.

I hate pre-order exclusive content.

It's just a skin dude. You could play right now or wait almost a year to play.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yo guys, holy fucking shit.
Honestly, I'm shocked. It actually feels like Blood Money. The Paris level is so smooth, the framerate is smooth, the movement and mechanics are so smooth, the image quality is so smooth, jaggies are so smooth, graphics are so nice and smooth, seeing 47 just walking around so professionally is so smooth. The amount of options to do assassinations is so smooth, everything feels so good.
Holy shit finally, the Hitman game we've been waiting for.

I got this for PC when Amazon had their price mistake for the hell of it, and these impressions actually have me excited to play it now. Will install when I get home today.

thatJohann

Honestly, I'm shocked. It actually feels like Blood Money. The Paris level is so smooth, the framerate is smooth, the movement and mechanics are so smooth, the image quality is so smooth, jaggies are so smooth, graphics are so nice and smooth, seeing 47 just walking around so professionally is so smooth. The amount of options to do assassinations is so smooth, everything feels so good.

You playing with the 30fps cap? Or unlocked frame rate?

Arttemis

It's just a skin dude. You could play right now or wait almost a year to play.

Still, it's a baller while suit. It's just annoying to know that because I waited 12 hours too long, my $60 digital payment isn't good enough for it to be included anymore. Annoying enough to make me consider waiting when I was about to spontaneously purchase it. I have more than enough games as it is, and I usually wait and buy games on sale anyway, so I have no problem waiting.

haikira

So how is the performance on PS4? Is it better than the beta (which was pretty bad)?

Here's a DigitalFoundry video comparing retail against the beta.

If you're looking for a short answer though, there's a noticeable improvement.

EDIT: Here's a quote from their article.

Starting off with the PlayStation 4 version, we were immediately pleased to see a noticeable performance increase right out of the gate. Compared to the beta, we're looking at a boost of 10 to 15 frames per second, with performance that remains above 30fps the vast majority of the time. The second training area fares even better now, and manages to turn in something approaching a stable 60fps throughout: a taste of what could have been. So while performance remains rather variable, the more serious drops in frame-rate we encountered in the beta have been completely eliminated here.

Genio88

So, is someone already playing it on PC? Would you advice 60fps lowering some details or 30fps locked maxing everything? i mean is frame rate important in this kind of game?
GTX 980 here, i already preloaded the game on Steam but won't be able to play until later...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

That's awesome. I'm chomping at the bit.

GavinUK86

So, is someone already playing it on PC? Would you advice 60fps lowering some details or 30fps locked maxing everything? i mean is frame rate important in this kind of game?
GTX 980 here, i already preloaded the game on Steam but won't be able to play until later...

6Y1Io5d.png

:(

Paris is amazeballs. So massive.

Xbox performance is rock solid (aside froma tiny area in training) so PS4 should be as well.

Yeah i am so happy about that. Absolution had its cool levels, but they just weren't like the ones in Blood Money or some of Codename 47's. I love huge levels and exploring it all and checking out all the details. Plus no stupid checkpoints like Absolution had where you couldn't go back to the other places in the level anymore.

torpet

Neo Member

But is the game smooth?

SilentRob

I just got disconnected so it kicked me from my game.

Wtf.

It literally says that's what happens when you disconnect at the very beginning of the game though. Offline and Online uses different savegames. It should have saved automatically and reload exactly where you've been when you reconnect.

I had to wake up early for work this morning but I managed to sleep early so I could wake up at 3am to play.

suffice to say, I am not disappointed.

hichanbis

Banned
Same for me, not disappointed.
The Paris level is so massive, I'm going to need a lot of hours to really master it and I love that.

Can't wait to really dig into this later. Spent all of my time just walking around trying to get used to the map. The sandbox they created here is impressive.

They've got to do something about the UI/menu performance on PS4 though (I'm guessing the XBONE is no different). It's pitiful. How are we still getting slow and janky UIs in the year of our lord 2016. Not to mention it's another game with these small text boxes (which is weird considering how big, stylish, and readable the weapon logos are).

etta

my hard graphic balls
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/hitman_episode_two_sapienza/preview-3976.html

Sapienza makes a nice change of pace from Paris: if that level felt fundamentally closed, with most of the action taking place inside, then Sapienza's early going is almost the opposite. The mansion grounds are large enough to encompass a host of different buildings, from chef's quarters to security centers, and the back of the estate has a pool area and enough room to practice your golf drive. It's an idyllic, laid back sort of place. Well, until you arrive and start throwing mines about or whatever it is you terrible amateurs do.

PowderedToast

there has never been a hitman level with the scale and density of paris before. hitman 2 had huge stages but they lacked the detail of what's in here. it's stunning and a complete 180 on absolution.

turn off opportunities and instinct and you're very close to what we all imagined a modern hitman would be. there are proximity triggers but also a decent amount of clockwork A.I., and its tastefully done.

the only thing I would say so far is that it doesn't have the same sense of peculiar atmosphere achieved by the likes of contracts and blood money, which I attribute to the lack of good music. it's pretty generic on that front.

but all in all a big success, I'll be playing this for a long time and if this is their opener I can't wait for whats next.

They've got to do something about the UI/menu performance on PS4 though (I'm guessing the XBONE is no different). It's pitiful. How are we still getting slow and janky UIs in the year of our lord 2016. Not to mention it's another game with these small text boxes (which is weird considering how big, stylish, and readable the weapon logos are).

yes this is bad, if you play offline its completely fine so it's something to do with the game connecting or sending information every menu select. so hopefully they iron that out.

B00TE

Quickly ran through the tutorial before I had to head out, hoping the servers aren't a problem later this afternoon. Can't wait to check out the Paris map.

thenexus6

I was a little down on the beta, hearing that the jankiness has been smoothed out for the most part and you can lock to 30FPS I am going to buy the intro pack right now.

SomTervo

For £11 I can't resist. But I have like 7 AAA games on the go right now... And I'm loving them all, too T_T

Cheers for that, I didn't realise there was a tutorial which will be most helpful. I'll add this to my ever expanding backlog then.

Do it.

The glory of Hitman games is in how many ways you can play them. Any way is really viable – blast your way through or play it like MGS if you want – but the real depth comes from replaying them and trying to find the 'perfect' hit.

What I do is:

1. Test all the waters. Look around. If I see a good opportunity to get the target, take it. If shit hits the fan, roll with it and try to reach the target and escape. (Probably die and go to #2.)

2. Go back to the start, try again from the top, but this time methodically and systematically look in every nook and cranny and watch out for every person or object who could be a lead. Gather intel by listening to background noise try to find disguises left around and find 'accidents' you can cause. Probably fail a few more times perfecting a fun strategy.

3. Just keep repeating #2 until you find the perfect way, not killing anyone except the target and leaving no trace there was ever any foul play.

Not much too it, really ;)

Pachimari

Just got Hitman: The Full Experience for $15 pre-loaded. So glad it went through. I wonder when it'll unlock though, as it has been march 11 for 15 hours already.

GavinUK86

Sounds awesome and by the time some of us are done with Paris, this one will be up for download.

That's the thing... a lot of people are complaining about the strained episodic release schedule but by the time you're done with one map the next one will be right around the corner.

I think by just giving you the one on it's own it's forcing you to spend more time with it than you might if you had the others all ready to play.

the only thing I would say so far is that it doesn't have the same sense of peculiar atmosphere achieved by the likes of contracts and blood money, which I attribute to the lack of good music. it's pretty generic on that front.

About to make a big Jesper Kyd Hitman mix and use it for this new game tbh

Top Bottom