• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

madjoki

Yeah, got minee too. No preorder bonus yet, but maybe those are delivered later.

Key is out, but when I try to use their downloader I get a gateway error...Can get the client from somewhere else (where else could I get it anyway?) and use the key amazon provided me?

EDIT: Just plugged that key into Steam and it's working like a charm, hadn't done that in awhile and forgot it was an option. Woo!!

All amazon downloader does is download text-file with your key.

FrsDvl

Anyone else unable to start the Paris mission? It tells me to download it, even though it is downloaded. I'm on Xb1

Never mind, restarting the game solved it.

JonnyKong

Hi everyone, sorry to interrupt the thread.

Quick question, how is this game for somebody like me who's never played a Hitman game before? Is it quite accessible, or will I need knowledge from the previous games? I quite like the idea of episodic content as I won't feel like I've wasted too much money if I don't like it, but id still rather not spend anything at all if it's going to be too esoteric.

Just started this up on PS4 and it's making it go into overdrive. Sounds like a jet engine lol. Might have to use that framerate lock after all.

Hi everyone, sorry to interrupt the thread.

Quick question, how is this game for somebody like me who's never played a Hitman game before? Is it quite accessible, or will I need knowledge from the previous games? I quite like the idea of episodic content as I won't feel like I've wasted too much money if I don't like it, but id still rather not spend anything at all if it's going to be too esoteric.

The tutorial covers most bases that you'll need to succeed in this game. Having experience in the previous titles (Absolution to a minor extent) will definitely help, but the gameplay is pretty straightforward and gives you a lot of freedom with how you approach the 3 levels (Episode 1/intro pack includes 2 "tutorial" missions and Paris).

Steam unlock time sucks ass.

JonnyKong

Cheers for that, I didn't realise there was a tutorial which will be most helpful. I'll add this to my ever expanding backlog then.

haikira

Going to check this out tonight after work. I'd count myself as a casual fan, only having played through Blood Money a few times, which I really liked, and I almost finished Absolution (ha).

Looking forward to playing this, having really liked the previews. The digital foundry video was reassuring too, as I found the beta performance quite irritating. Just a shame the load times sound like a killer, and hopefully they can improve on those.

Also just wanted to stop in and say how perfect the thread title is.

Salsa

QLcBCQS.png

bitten

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Unlocked at 3am so I dipped in for about an hour and a half. Already noticed a lot of nice changes from the beta, like that big ol' TRESPASSING text now just neatly being put in the corner of the minimap along with a warning symbol by objects like the mine so you know people will be suspicious if they see you interact with it.

I was in the Paris level for around 10 minutes just walking around and the sheer amount of dialogue and detail is nuuuuuuuuts. I'm calling it there so I can really focus in on it tomorrow, but I'm really excited to dig into it.

Kyonashi

Has anyone calculated total prices for:

Buying each pack as it releases
vs
Buying the intro pack and upgrading to the full experience
vs
Buying the full experience outright

I'd be interested to see the gaps.

hichanbis

Banned
My PS4 is connected to my router through Wifi and I have a poor connection of 4.5 mpbs.
However I played 2 hours last night and never got kicked from the server.
Am I a lucky guy?

I don't have the game yet but how does Contracts work? Can you actually download contracts created by other players or only your own created ones?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have the game yet but how does Contracts work? Can you actually download contracts created by other players or only your own created ones?

You can download other player's Contracts.

Basically, you select 1-3 targets, carry out the hit(s) yourself, decide a few modifers based on how you carried out said hits, then upload it. Simples!

Basically, you select 1-3 targets, carry out the hit(s) yourself, decide a few modifers based on how you carried out said hits, then upload it. Simples!

I still can't find any modifers besides targets, disguise and weapon. Contracts mode is a joke so far. Huge disappointment.

ZeroX03

Banned
Never played a Hitman title. Really like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear. For $15 it seems very tempting to try, is this a good entry point?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Never played a Hitman title. Really like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear. For $15 it seems very tempting to try, is this a good entry point?

Blood Money, arguably the quintessential Hitman game, is only a couple of quid/dollars on Steam right now. Well worth your time. Its a very different type of stealth game to those two (but I love all three).

kAmui-

Giant Bomb's quick looks pretty much sold me on this. Seems like there is so much stuff to do even on that one map. Green Man Gaming had it for less than 10€ with a code so had to bite.

ZeroX03

Banned
Blood Money, arguably the quintessential Hitman game, is only a couple of quid/dollars on Steam right now. Well worth your time. Its a very different type of stealth game to those two (but I love all three).

Don't really have the time to invest in a full length game right now, that's another reason I'm interested in this.

This game looks like a lot of fun, but I'm gonna wait for the whole game to be finished. If I buy it now I know I'll end up getting bored and most likely wont download the content released down the line.

That's really awesome. Sounds like something you won't get tired of anytime soon.

Jesus christ these server interruptions that kick you out of a map that takes like 90 seconds to load.

The game needs an internet connection at all times? Sigh,..that's not a good thing. For Contracts i understand, but not for the SP. Is this on console or PC?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Don't really have the time to invest in a full length game right now, that's another reason I'm interested in this.

Ah, fair enough. In that case, yeah, its as good a time as any to jump in :)

That's really awesome. Sounds like something you won't get tired of anytime soon.

Yeah, they turned a community meta game into a full blown mode. Some of the Contracts from Absolution were pretty mental.

Top Bottom