• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

This was the first Elusive Target I bothered trying to get SA on and it was surprisingly easy -- I just coined the waiter in the hallway into the bathroom, choked him out, then threw a coin into the bathroom when the target was turning the corner after leaving the catwalk and he took the bait. Nice and simple.

Nictel

This was the first Elusive Target I bothered trying to get SA on and it was surprisingly easy -- I just coined the waiter in the hallway into the bathroom, choked him out, then threw a coin into the bathroom when the target was turning the corner after leaving the catwalk and he took the bait. Nice and simple.

Yeah this one was surprisingly easy; I used the faucet instead of coins though

That said, how do people get times of SA 38 seconds?

Winter suit gotten, with a fiber wire kill on an ET for once! Haven't done one of these since #5.

I knocked out the stylist outside next to the dress racks and the waste bin, so that I could lure him into that little nook where no one else can see.
It seems like you can temporarily disrupt his route by
making Sato freak out with the diarama, so he won't walk the catwalk right away (although it's only a temporary delay unless you also poison Sato, I assume).

But even then, his route is still random.
I wanted him to go outside right away, but he didn't until after he eventually walked the catwalk (fortunately only once).

I'm such a noob at this game, just failed the ET . Had watched his path for over an hour and got cocky when I attempted to take him out. Should have gone with my other idea.

I also did
the bathroom method
, after following him for 15-20 minutes it was the only remotely reasonable opportunity to kill him, outside of dropping the rafters but that would require an incredible amount of luck, timing, or both.

He even stopped right in front of a sushi tray you can poison, but makes a snarky comment about the food and moves on.

Foffy

Banned
Got my first SASO elusive done today! What are the rewards for getting x number of elusive targets done again?

- A suit for an ET killed in each location (Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado, & Hokkaido)
- A suit for an ET SA
- A suit for five ET SA's
- Absolution suit for 5 ET kills
- Blood Money suit for 10 kills
- HITMAN suit with gloves for 13 kills

My method:
took out the waiter outside the bathroom, waited at the catwalk exit, after three trips down the runway he'll head down the little hallway between the bar and fashion show, wait until he hits the production trunk on the left, stick him with the syringe, and walk out the front gate.

Trouble

Banned
Today was a good day.

Got my first Elusive Target with an SA.

Got mastery up to 20 for Marrakesh, only Bangkok is left, which I'll tackle tomorrow.

Then it's time to start banging out escalations.

I can't believe I waited so long to buy this game, then sat on it for a month. It's all I've wanted to play for an entire week now.

Spent well over an hour on the ET yesterday. What I'd do was let the ET go onto the stage and keep bumping into the other models who were walking to their place in the line. Amusingly enough, half of them would just turn around and go back to the changing room when I stopped them. The idea obviously was to get the ET on the other side without other people following close behind him. Managed this a couple of times but because he goes there at random times there was a chance Novikav and his guard would be walking through there. Eventually it worked out and I poked him with the emetic syringe which sent him into the bathroom and got it done.

I was playing the ET extra carefully because I missed SA on a previous one so this was my winter suit run. The actual final run was only about 3 minutes long with a ton of restarts. Honestly the constant restarts kind of defeat the purpose of ETs. IO won't do this but something like professional mode ETs which would not let you keep resetting the mission would actually be tense as fuck.

I also had a question about featured contracts. I got a friend to watch the Giantbomb Hitsmas video and Vinny's comically disastrous run basically sold him on the game (as I suspect it must have done for a few people). A few days ago I told him that the Hitsmas mission is actually available for everyone to play in the game and his mind was blown. He's getting the retail version when it comes out but I'm wondering if the Hitsmas contract will even be available for a few days after the disk release?

Foffy

Banned
Spent well over an hour on the ET yesterday. What I'd do was let the ET go onto the stage and keep bumping into the other models who were walking to their place in the line. Amusingly enough, half of them would just turn around and go back to the changing room when I stopped them. The idea obviously was to get the ET on the other side without other people following close behind him. Managed this a couple of times but because he goes there at random times there was a chance Novikav and his guard would be walking through there. Eventually it worked out and I poked him with the emetic syringe which sent him into the bathroom and got it done.

I was playing the ET extra carefully because I missed SA on a previous one so this was my winter suit run. The actual final run was only about 3 minutes long with a ton of restarts. Honestly the constant restarts kind of defeat the purpose of ETs. IO won't do this but something like professional mode ETs which would not let you keep resetting the mission would actually be tense as fuck.

I also had a question about featured contracts. I got a friend to watch the Giantbomb Hitsmas video and Vinny's comically disastrous run basically sold him on the game (as I suspect it must have done for a few people). A few days ago I told him that the Hitsmas mission is actually available for everyone to play in the game and his mind was blown. He's getting the retail version when it comes out but I'm wondering if the Hitsmas contract will even be available for a few days after the disk release?

The holiday mission is available even now, IIRC.

It's not time sensitive.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Missed the SA and I was so fucking close! Baited him to check out the bathroom, knocked him out from a distance with a hammer, got the flash drive, and just as I went to drag him, I accidentally turned on the faucet and couldn't turn it off! lol I just walk out as a model opens the door and finds the body. She goes to investigate it, I go "fuck it" and throw an explosive killing them both.

Oh well lol

Greddleok

..They did it faster than The Pharmacist? You could kill her in Paris in less than a minute.

Maybe I'm wrong about 10s, but there's definitely a ton of people who did it in well under a minute.

I think he's eating sushi at the start, so if you poison the sushi he's dead almost immediately
my guess how they did it at least.

The holiday mission is available even now, IIRC.

It's not time sensitive.

I wasn't talking about the holiday mission. I'm referring to the featured contract that recreates the Giantbomb Hitsmas video (called The Caravella Conundrum in game). Featured contracts usually cycle out after a while so I was wondering if this one would stick around until after the retail release.

Pit

My method:
took out the waiter outside the bathroom, waited at the catwalk exit, after three trips down the runway he'll head down the little hallway between the bar and fashion show, wait until he hits the production trunk on the left, stick him with the syringe, and walk out the front gate.

It's exactly like the videos on YouTube!!!!

pretty easy
I got behind the security guard checking his phone at the end of the hallway perpendicular to the catewalk queue. Shot the target with my concealable at the last second before he walked back inside the makeup room.

Greddleok

My method:

That's what I did by complete accident, although I used the fibre wire instead.

I spent a few minutes looking for something to poison him with, gave up, went back and caught him by chance.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So I finished the Caravella Conundrum on PS4 and got top of the leaderboard. I looked, and it's only me and one other person? Did no one else try and do this or is this just their servers being weird?

Also for what it's worth, it was an extremely messy playthrough with me not necessarily giving a shit about additional casualties so...

danm999

So I finished the Caravella Conundrum on PS4 and got top of the leaderboard. I looked, and it's only me and one other person? Did no one else try and do this or is this just their servers being weird?

Also for what it's worth, it was an extremely messy playthrough with me not necessarily giving a shit about additional casualties so...

Vinny would be proud.

Catvoca

Banned

Guessing it's just screwy servers. I did it a couple of days ago but I did it pretty clean (met with the woman as Kruger and killed her, poisoned the dude and killed him with the axe while he was in the bathroom)

Dereck

Oh fuck, I'm so glad I got this on stream earlier yesterday.

GAF, GAF, look, check out this kill this shit was sick.

ANoqt3o.gif

Adry9

Managed to get SA on The Blackmailer by
using an emetic poison syringe as he walked off the catwalk, then drowned him in the bathroom.
Took me a few restarts though, as I often got spotted.

Anyone else think a theater mode/replay system would be perfect for this game? It would be awesome for creating videos of your runs, and just imagine how cool it would be to fly around the map and see how all of the NPCs are reacting to what you're doing.

SL128

Missed the SA and I was so fucking close! Baited him to check out the bathroom, knocked him out from a distance with a hammer, got the flash drive, and just as I went to drag him, I accidentally turned on the faucet and couldn't turn it off! lol I just walk out as a model opens the door and finds the body. She goes to investigate it, I go "fuck it" and throw an explosive killing them both.

Oh well lol
This situation is what makes the lethal syringe so nice for ETs!

I wasn't talking about the holiday mission. I'm referring to the featured contract that recreates the Giantbomb Hitsmas video (called The Caravella Conundrum in game). Featured contracts usually cycle out after a while so I was wondering if this one would stick around until after the retail release.
Contracts don't expire; they might become slightly harder to find (this one won't by launch), but they're always in the system.

Metalmarc

Okay Hitgaf, help

I own this digitally, first off on my usa account i bought the intro pack, so i got some bonus goodies it was cheaper at the time by a few quid than buying on my main account (uk)

So i forgot about the intro pack after playing it twice and only the tutorial, over xmas i accidently saw someone play through Paris on twitch or youtube & got interested and went back, to the intro pack

then in January bought the complete season digitally as it was on sale i wasnt sure if i would like it, but the more I play it and watch it, i have fallen in love with it, but the bonus items i got with the intro pack (duck, suit etc) as they were on my usa account, they dont work with my UK complete pack (dlc is region locked)

Should i buy the Disc version to get these items? I am trying to justify owning the physical Disc by telling myself, i get these bonus items, soundtrack, documentary and best of all a disc to keep should psn shut down in the far future id have this for future keeping, and a nice steelbook

I really wish there was a super collectors edition with that statue box and the disc instead of just the code though, i'd by that in a heartbeat.

MaKTaiL

Okay Hitgaf, help

I own this digitally, first off on my usa account i bought the intro pack, so i got some bonus goodies it was cheaper at the time by a few quid than buying on my main account (uk)

So i forgot about the intro pack after playing it twice and only the tutorial, over xmas i accidently saw someone play through Paris on twitch or youtube & got interested and went back, to the intro pack

then in January bought the complete season digitally as it was on sale i wasnt sure if i would like it, but the more I play it and watch it, i have fallen in love with it, but the bonus items i got with the intro pack (duck, suit etc) as they were on my usa account, they dont work with my UK complete pack (dlc is region locked)

Should i buy the Disc version to get these items? I am trying to justify owning the physical Disc by telling myself, i get these bonus items, soundtrack, documentary and best of all a disc to keep should psn shut down in the far future id have this for future keeping, and a nice steelbook

I really wish there was a super collectors edition with that statue box and the disc instead of just the code though, i'd by that in a heartbeat.
The pre order items will be available to purchase this Tuesday, January 31st. You don't need to buy the physical version. Also, the soundtrack and behind the scenes video will be free for everyone that owns the full experience/upgrade pack on the same day.

Kerned

Banned
Got my first SA on an ET. Totally forgot to deal with the recording device before I left, but thankfully I never ended up on camera. Pretty easy ET overall.

AlterOdin

Tried my first ET. I set it up by having the roof/lights fall on the runway while the target was walking it, only to discover you cant walk on the runway after you do that (IE the runway is blocked). Kind of BS, the memory stick just laying just out of reach.

MaKTaiL

Tried my first ET. I set it up by having the roof/lights fall on the runway while the target was walking it, only to discover you cant walk on the runway after you do that (IE the runway is blocked). Kind of BS, the memory stick just laying just out of reach.
Odd, I remember being able to walk there after killing the Paris target on the main mission. Do they block it for this ET?

Odd, I remember being able to walk there after killing the Paris target on the main mission. Do they block it for this ET?

A while ago there was a bug fix to prevent the falling light rig from causing damage in the basement. That could have caused the runway to be blocked off at the same time.

Top Bottom